Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Catback suggestions....with parameters

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2016, 01:17 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Catback suggestions....with parameters

I was hoping to get some useful feedback (expecting a lot, I know...) regarding a rather specific style of catback. I'm brand new to the modding game and my Final Edition is just now out of the break-in period, and it might be another 1400 miles before I get it, but I wanted to start researching now.

What I am looking for is a dual stainless (I'll take titanium suggestions too, but they're so expensive...) catback that has high fade anodized titanium tips. The UICP I got from ETS is high fide spot ano, and I want the exhaust tips to match.

I know Ultimate Racing makes one, but I was told they aren't the best quality-wise. I was told of at least one Evo owner who had that one and wished they'd got something different....but that's the LOOK I am going for. It can be a bit loud if need be, but I'm not going for loud specifically. The anodized dual tip is priority one, then hp gain and build quality. Let the suggestions begin, and thanks ahead of time for your ideas!
Old Jun 14, 2016, 03:07 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Its is all depends on price and how loud you want. I think you should look thru exhaust thread and pick what you like first. Even with Ti tips exhaust, there is two muffler or single muffler dual tip style.

I will not recommand Ultimate Racing.

Last edited by Chef-j; Jun 14, 2016 at 03:18 AM.
Old Jun 14, 2016, 06:14 AM
Evolved Member

Received 113 Likes on 101 Posts
If you're ok with a mild-but-louder exhaust, the HKS Super Turbo setup has a nice mellow tone and the tip look you're looking for.
Old Jun 14, 2016, 06:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Call up Mike at ETS and have him build you a V2 with the tips you want. I'm sure he can work something out for you! I run there V2 with the ETS HFC and AMS Downpipe. Best sounding combo IMO.
Old Jun 14, 2016, 06:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
I've had the Invidia Q300, Tomei Expreme Ti, and now the HKS Super Turbo catback.

Any system will yield similar gains, it's all just piping in the end without getting a tune.

I'd highly recommend the HKS Super Turbo system. Quality-wise, it's excellent. The tips are huge and pretty, and it's on the quieter side (which I wanted).
The following users liked this post:
Greyfax (Jun 17, 2016)
Old Jun 17, 2016, 01:32 AM

Two endorsements for the HKS Super Turbo - that's practically a consensus lol

I did notice the following note attached to that system:
"This system is best suited for 2008-2010 Evo X's and may require modification to fit 2011 + 5MT vehicles."

Mine is a 2015, and I can see at least one of the two people recommending it have Evo's newer than 2010, so my only question is... what kind of modification was required to get it to fit the newer Evo's? Thanks guys.
Old Jun 17, 2016, 05:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by Greyfax
Two endorsements for the HKS Super Turbo - that's practically a consensus lol

I did notice the following note attached to that system:
"This system is best suited for 2008-2010 Evo X's and may require modification to fit 2011 + 5MT vehicles."

Mine is a 2015, and I can see at least one of the two people recommending it have Evo's newer than 2010, so my only question is... what kind of modification was required to get it to fit the newer Evo's? Thanks guys.

It really is a nice system, and I've had exhaust components from many of the big players in our community!

I literally had no "modifications" required to make it work on my 2013 GSR. It hung like any other catback, and had perfect fitment without any adjustments needed.
Old Jun 17, 2016, 07:49 PM

One last question geared toward the two people who bought the HKS - can you remember whether or not it will fit either in the trunk or back seat in its original shipping box? I need to know whether or not there's room to drive it to the tuner (closest to me is Buschur) or have it shipped directly to them. Thanks!