Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Finally pulled the trigger on an Evo X

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2016, 05:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, the rear bumper has a big hole in it..There's no "buffing" it out. The front bumper is cracked on bottom, and at the very least needs a respray. The tabs on that hold on the side skirts are broken so the ends hang off, and are no longer tight against the body. The hood has rock chips all over and the hood vents are all chipped. So there is no way I can leave it like this. Obviously, the CEL will come first.

The tuner I'm talking to said not to get the Cobb AP, but to get the Tactrix openport 2.0. But I tried what seems to be similar with my BMW and it was a nightmare to download to my laptop.

Napalm, what do you mean I don't need the Cobb to e-tune? Every thread I read begins with needing the AP or tactrix? Am I missing something?
Old Oct 23, 2016, 06:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 91 Likes on 84 Posts
Just that you don't need an Accessport to e-tune. You just need the Tactrix, and I haven't heard it being a nightmare going that route. Most e-tuners will just walk you through it etc.. Just trying to save you $500 as the Cobb is not really necessary.
Old Oct 23, 2016, 06:16 AM

Gotcha. Yea I don't want to spend $500 if I can help it. Too many other things to get...lol

The biggest issue I have is having a laptop that with download the software. The one I have been using for things like this has windows 7 for my BMW INPA software. I read somewhere that the tactrix requires windows XP?
Old Oct 23, 2016, 06:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 91 Likes on 84 Posts
Originally Posted by Xlr8tin
Gotcha. Yea I don't want to spend $500 if I can help it. Too many other things to get...lol

The biggest issue I have is having a laptop that with download the software. The one I have been using for things like this has windows 7 for my BMW INPA software. I read somewhere that the tactrix requires windows XP?
You should be fine with Windows 7, you might have found some outdated documentation I'd wager. The tuner you are working with should have some direction, but I don't think that is an issue.

Did a quick search you look good to me:

http://www.tactrix.com/index.php?opt...ize=font-large

http://www.openecu.org/index.php?tit...VehicleSupport
Old Oct 23, 2016, 06:45 AM

I'll ask him since he recommended the Tactrix. It would be nice to save money when possible.

As far as body kits, I came across this the other day. It looks OEM? Which is mostly what I want. I would like to be able to add carbon fiber spoiler for the front, sides and replace the rear spoiler with carbon fiber so I'm trying to stay stock if I can so these pieces fit.

http://www.andysautosport.com/produc...04DOE-099.html

Although as I look at the pic the rear looks like one piece where mine is 2...Hmm...