Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Louisiana EVO Technicians

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2017, 05:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Louisiana EVO Technicians

Hello everybody,

If theres a thread for this already please tell me, but I didnt see one. So Im not the most knowledgeable person when it comes to taking cars apart and Im wanting to get my car in the 500 hp. club. Does anybody know any good technicians in Louisiana I can take my car too? Or can you guys give me suggestions in parts I should start getting to get to my goal? This is also my daily driver too so I dont want it to be a straight up track car either. I would really appreciate any info.

My mods so far are:
INJEN Short Ram Intake with Hydroshield
It has an exhaust too (I believe 3", I didnt put it on) but I can find out any other info on it if its needed.
Old Feb 17, 2017, 06:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 91 Likes on 84 Posts
If you want that power level, safely, make the drive to Houston to get it worked on by Kozmic motorsports. That power level isn't exactly 'reliable' so I would shoot for more realistic numbers that will still be insanely fast. Tell them your goals and go from there.

EBCS
UICP
Front mount intercooler
Test pipe
Injectors
Fuel pump
Bigger turbo
Downpipe

is roughly your parts list

20k+ on my kozmic tuned EVO, runs like a dream.

Getting a good tune / work done is ALWAYS worth the drive if you have nothing 100% solid local.
The following users liked this post:
Douginator (Feb 26, 2017)
Old Feb 17, 2017, 11:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How much is your car pushing? And what would you consider realistic numbers? I have talked to Kevin a bit from Evo Dynamics in Lewisville but it seems the only way he'll help me is if I just buy everything from him and just let him do everything. I would like to research the parts I need, get good deals, and be able to learn and hopefully help while somebody puts the parts on correctly. I know a lot of people dont have time for that.
Old Feb 18, 2017, 05:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 91 Likes on 84 Posts
The part list I suggested was to get you into the 400's. Honestly I'm happy with where my car sits, and you could easily put the parts I have on, and more, before GINGERLY driving it (don't get into boost) to have it tuned by a professional.

My parts-

Drop in filter, Cosworth (you have a CAI so not applicable)
Test pipe (biggest gain you get for these cars initially)
UICP (Upper intercooler pipe)
EBCS (I'd put this on at the tuners place)
Bigger fuel pump

Tune

You can add some of the initial list to this if you wanted, and probably install most / all of it with Youtube videos and guides for installation that are already around if you google for them. There is a lot of knowledge for this platform if you search for it, just be sure to get the car in the hands of someone with a LOT of experience so you get a quality tune that won't leave you stranded somewhere with a blown engine.
The following users liked this post:
Douginator (Feb 26, 2017)