Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Finance question?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2017 | 11:54 AM

Question Finance question?

OK since evo x and ralliart are discontinued, is financing harder or more limited?

I was informed that financing for a new car is easier especially when your credit floats in the 620-680 range.. if that's the case then WRX would be my target car.. however i am gonna go through my Credit union because they have low rates (2.4%, which i dont plan to be there, but not raped either) but base it on 84 months for 2016+, and 75 months for 2015-2013, and 2012 and lower 60 months.. which none of that bothers me as i would get a 13 and up model..

test drove a Evo X Mr today, was a 2014 model with 16k miles and a intake installed,, they wanted 32k for it..wow, but 29k online..

Has anyone financed through their credit union, and how was it? did they give you a amount and you went to dealer and dealt with the sale based on that?

I figured here in about 8 months, ill head to credit union and get that done and see what amount i have to work with..

if i get 35+ ill get a WRX as its the smarter choice, but anything under ill grab a Evo, just may have to have it shipped... and if its around 25k then guess ill grab a ralliart..

difference is i have test drove all 3 and would gladly accept and be happy with either
Old Apr 30, 2017 | 12:02 PM
Evolved Member

You need to think about what YOU want, cause those are 3 VERY DIFFERENT cars. If it were up to me i had to choose, from 1st choice to 3rd. Would be Evo x, ralliart, wrx
The following users liked this post:
Robert Wesker (Apr 30, 2017)
Old Apr 30, 2017 | 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by 4G63_EVO
You need to think about what YOU want, cause those are 3 VERY DIFFERENT cars. If it were up to me i had to choose, from 1st choice to 3rd. Would be Evo x, ralliart, wrx
the main problem with what i want will come down to the money i get approved for...and other issue is timing because in 8 month i will need to get a car as the lease will be up

But i will say if i get a 13 or 14 Evo, i will def be looking for regular lancer sweats to swap with
Old Apr 30, 2017 | 01:56 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Robert Wesker
the main problem with what i want will come down to the money i get approved for...and other issue is timing because in 8 month i will need to get a car as the lease will be up

But i will say if i get a 13 or 14 Evo, i will def be looking for regular lancer sweats to swap with
Why?
Old Apr 30, 2017 | 01:59 PM

Why?
i could eventually get use to them, but my passengers like mom and dad etc, wouldnt be able to.. so ill be looking at 2015 first
Old Apr 30, 2017 | 02:58 PM
Evolved Member

i could eventually get use to them, but my passengers like mom and dad etc, wouldnt be able to.. so ill be looking at 2015 first
The x recaros are pretty forgiving, to each their own I guess
Old Apr 30, 2017 | 03:21 PM

The x recaros are pretty forgiving, to each their own I guess
true but not everyone can even fit in them to start with...not all my passengers are the standard body type just saying.... and for older parents expecially over 6 ft with bad backs climbing down into a car isnt ideal
Old Apr 30, 2017 | 03:26 PM
.M.
Evolved Member

Credit union is always the best option. They usually provide lower rates. It's all about how good your credit is and what you can handle... payment wise. And no, it's not harder to finance an evo now that it's discontinued.
Old Apr 30, 2017 | 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by .M.
Credit union is always the best option. They usually provide lower rates. It's all about how good your credit is and what you can handle... payment wise. And no, it's not harder to finance an evo now that it's discontinued.
yes.. this.. yea payment wise I wouldn't care if its 700
Old May 2, 2017 | 07:26 PM

I financed through my credit union. Easy process and great to deal with. I told them the max I wanted to spend, got approved and then found a car. Buying from a dealership is probably a little easier as there were some stipulations if I wanted to buy from a private party.
Old May 2, 2017 | 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by Loxias
I financed through my credit union. Easy process and great to deal with. I told them the max I wanted to spend, got approved and then found a car. Buying from a dealership is probably a little easier as there were some stipulations if I wanted to buy from a private party.
so they just give you a check and you just have to pretty much meet that at a dealer? i will only get from a dealer....

i test drove a 2014 Evo X mr sunday and it drove weird... the guy who rode said it had no mods... i popped the hood and their was a intake.. so im guessing it had a tune and was stripped and sold to them.. he said it was a trade in...
Old May 2, 2017 | 10:28 PM

Credit union will only finance up to what the kbb of the car. Again its base on your debt to income and how good your credit score is. Best thing for you to do is... walk in have them run your credit snd see what they'll loan you.
Old May 3, 2017 | 01:09 AM
Evolved Member

1. Get a approve loan XXX amount from CU. 2 Go Shop. 3. Once you find your car tell CU. 4. CU send money to dealer. 5. Dealer gives you key.

Don't tell dealer that you are going with CU first, they may not cut car price down much. Plus Its always good to chexk dealer APR too.

I will go with whatever you are comfortable with paying. None of us will help you paying your bills.
Old May 3, 2017 | 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by Chef-j
1. Get a approve loan XXX amount from CU. 2 Go Shop. 3. Once you find your car tell CU. 4. CU send money to dealer. 5. Dealer gives you key.

Don't tell dealer that you are going with CU first, they may not cut car price down much. Plus Its always good to chexk dealer APR too.

I will go with whatever you are comfortable with paying. None of us will help you paying your bills.
that sounds simple... and wait you mean u guys wont help? Lol honestly i am more than happy to shell out 650 a month for a evo...

So guess basically if i go to cu and they say 25k. Ill go find a evo x or mostlikey a ralliart to fit that price
Old May 4, 2017 | 06:13 PM

so they just give you a check and you just have to pretty much meet that at a dealer? i will only get from a dealer....

i test drove a 2014 Evo X mr sunday and it drove weird... the guy who rode said it had no mods... i popped the hood and their was a intake.. so im guessing it had a tune and was stripped and sold to them.. he said it was a trade in...
So the other guys have given sound advice...ie get pre-approved, find vehicle, have dealer contact CU for money.

In my case I already found the car I wanted and it was out of town. Was a dealer consignment/bank repo so there was no wiggle in the price, I either wanted it or didn't. My agent at the CU cut me a check for the car and off I went. If I hadn't ended up getting the car I would've just taken the check back to the CU.

But generally you'll never need to do anything extra than you would going to a dealership and letting them try to find someone to finance you. But you should get a better rate and have a better experience.

Quick Reply: Finance question?