Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

going E85 (flex fuel)

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2017, 08:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
going E85 (flex fuel)

going e85 and looking for plug and play e85 kits. came across this one

https://www.maperformance.com/produc...map-evox-400fk

worth it?

and these for flex fuel

https://www.driven-fabrication.com/p...-flex-fuel-kit

or

https://www.delicioustuning.com/EVO-X_Flex_Fuel

thanks
Old May 15, 2017, 09:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 99 Likes on 94 Posts
Get the flex fuel setup from flexconverter.com. That's what I run and it's flawless. You don't need the map kit. Just get a ASNU E85 fuel pump and either ID1050X's or ID1300's depending on how much power you want to make. I suggest the 1300's. Aside from that you'll need to get a hold of the TephraX3 rom
Old May 15, 2017, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by e_kobz
Get the flex fuel setup from flexconverter.com. That's what I run and it's flawless. You don't need the map kit. Just get a ASNU E85 fuel pump and either ID1050X's or ID1300's depending on how much power you want to make. I suggest the 1300's. Aside from that you'll need to get a hold of the TephraX3 rom
Thank you, this is the flexconverter right>

https://flexconverter.com/products/b...x-fuel-package

is there a huge difference between 1050 and 1300s? power wise just want to be around 400hp/350tq currently at 340/340.

the TephraX3 rom is it needed? or can my tuner run their own?(if theyre able to).
Old May 15, 2017, 11:03 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TheIndianGuy
Thank you, this is the flexconverter right>

https://flexconverter.com/products/b...x-fuel-package

is there a huge difference between 1050 and 1300s? power wise just want to be around 400hp/350tq currently at 340/340.

the TephraX3 rom is it needed? or can my tuner run their own?(if theyre able to).
yup thats the one. if 400whp is your goal then the 1050X's will work just fine. TeprhaX3 with flex is the only oem ecu flex fuel option right now unless you're planning on going stand alone
Old May 15, 2017, 12:59 PM

[QUOTE=e_kobz;11739231]yup thats the one. if 400whp is your goal then the 1050X's will work just fine. TeprhaX3 with flex is the only oem ecu flex fuel option right now unless you're planning on going stand alone[/QUOTE

oh understood, did not see this while researching.

I'm already tuned on open source, so i should be able to DL this from evo scan site and then my tuner can set the tune accordingly.

sort of how it will work right ?
Old May 15, 2017, 01:01 PM
Evolved Member

[QUOTE=TheIndianGuy;11739268]
yup thats the one. if 400whp is your goal then the 1050X's will work just fine. TeprhaX3 with flex is the only oem ecu flex fuel option right now unless you're planning on going stand alone[/QUOTE

oh understood, did not see this while researching.

I'm already tuned on open source, so i should be able to DL this from evo scan site and then my tuner can set the tune accordingly.

sort of how it will work right ?
Pretty much. Just to clarify you are wanting full flex fuel correct? not just two seperate maps?
Old May 15, 2017, 08:15 PM

[QUOTE=e_kobz;11739269]

Pretty much. Just to clarify you are wanting full flex fuel correct? not just two seperate maps?
yes, that's correct. I want full flex fuel. Don't want two separate maps.

Not a lot of e85 stations around me or on my commute to work. So full flex fuel is the best option.
Old May 16, 2017, 04:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Many have used WTF flex kit.. This is just flexconveter kit, but it has all parts that you need for flex. You can read e85 via Android App.

https://www.wtftuned.com/collections...ex-fuel-system

DF kit is pretty new in market, good thing it has gauge.

Forget about delicious kit, many tuners already said their kit isnt great.
Old May 16, 2017, 06:09 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Do research on the flexconverter kit first! The wait times on that thing can be pretty significant so if youre looking to have the kit in hand immediately, double check first! Make sure it is in stock! I ended up cancelling my order from flexconverter after waiting a couple months and bought the drivenfab kit which arrived at my doorstep in 2 days. The DF kit comes with everything required as well.

Either way, good luck!
Old May 16, 2017, 06:27 AM

Originally Posted by Chef-j
Many have used WTF flex kit.. This is just flexconveter kit, but it has all parts that you need for flex. You can read e85 via Android App.

https://www.wtftuned.com/collections...ex-fuel-system

DF kit is pretty new in market, good thing it has gauge.

Forget about delicious kit, many tuners already said their kit isnt great.

i did come across the wtf kit but wasnt sure about seemed similar to the flexconvert kit

Originally Posted by itdiestoday
Do research on the flexconverter kit first! The wait times on that thing can be pretty significant so if youre looking to have the kit in hand immediately, double check first! Make sure it is in stock! I ended up cancelling my order from flexconverter after waiting a couple months and bought the drivenfab kit which arrived at my doorstep in 2 days. The DF kit comes with everything required as well.

Either way, good luck!

wait time isnt an issue right now as im planning this for mid summer or so while i gather other parts. exhaust is next thing but seems like it wont make a big difference power wise.

but i will check with FC to make sure wait time isnt too crazy.

Thank you!
Old May 16, 2017, 06:31 AM
Evolved Member

WTF kit is the flexconverter kit but $40 more expensive. The driven fab kit is nice, I just did not want an extra gauge, but that's just me. A quick log on my phone and I'm content
Old May 16, 2017, 06:32 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
but i will check with FC to make sure wait time isnt too crazy.

Thank you!
I would recommend going through WTF for the flexconverter kit then. You'll be able to at least reach someone if you have any questions. Jason is a very hard person to reach through flexconverter.com and the contacts/emails listed on that page, even if its for something as simple as asking on ship times or possible restock of items.
Old May 16, 2017, 03:59 PM
Evolved Member

WTF kit is the flexconverter kit but $40 more expensive. The driven fab kit is nice, I just did not want an extra gauge, but that's just me. A quick log on my phone and I'm content
I think there was more in that kit... damm i cant remember. All i know is WTF only uses their electronic.
Old May 16, 2017, 04:02 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by itdiestoday

Either way, good luck!
Right. That was biggest reason i think DF went different company from flexconverter. Its really nice kit, but they just cant keep up... even WTF kit has to wait so long and sold out very quickly.