Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Question about cabin filter

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2017, 10:31 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question about cabin filter

Sorry if this is the wrong forum. Anyways, had a pleasant surprise this morning when I smelled a foul reek in my car. Located it to my cabin filter and and found a dead rat. Anyways, I know about the cabin filter replacement, but I don't much about what is underneath it (looks like a circular filter). Tried wiping the thing with ammonia, but figure it might be best just to replace it. Couldn't find much info about it in the owners manual, and so I'm here hoping somebody could give me a bit of info on it (how to replace, what to replace it with, ect...).
Old Aug 2, 2017, 11:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 59 Likes on 51 Posts
Ouch, dead rat - that sucks! Do you have a picture of the circular filter? On my 2008, the only thing I remember seeing under the actual rectangular cabin air filter is the blower motor (which is a circular fan of course). I changed my cabin air filter a couple of weeks ago, but don't recall seeing something under the cabin filter itself. Do you have a picture of it?
Old Aug 2, 2017, 12:22 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah, then it must be the blower motor. Thanks for the info!

Originally Posted by six40
Ouch, dead rat - that sucks! Do you have a picture of the circular filter? On my 2008, the only thing I remember seeing under the actual rectangular cabin air filter is the blower motor (which is a circular fan of course). I changed my cabin air filter a couple of weeks ago, but don't recall seeing something under the cabin filter itself. Do you have a picture of it?