Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Anyone ever regret selling their Evo?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2020, 08:44 PM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Yes- I sold my 2013 evo 2 years ago when i bought my 2017 GTR. Always felt like something was missing and missed driving manual. Wound up picking up a bone stock 03 Evo 8 a couple months ago with 17k miles on it. I love them both but for different reasons.
The following users liked this post:
Cloud0307 (Feb 24, 2020)
Old Feb 21, 2020, 09:36 AM
Evolving Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by evox2013
Yes- I sold my 2013 evo 2 years ago when i bought my 2017 GTR. Always felt like something was missing and missed driving manual. Wound up picking up a bone stock 03 Evo 8 a couple months ago with 17k miles on it. I love them both but for different reasons.
This is what I'm afraid of. Sold my evo and now shopping gtr's. Cant help but worry a little that the standard trans will be missed, but the gtr's cap is so much higher.
Old Feb 21, 2020, 02:32 PM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 815 Likes on 678 Posts
Originally Posted by Metal_AF
This is what I'm afraid of. Sold my evo and now shopping gtr's. Cant help but worry a little that the standard trans will be missed, but the gtr's cap is so much higher.
Depends on which "cap". For me, the GTR came up short on the "fun cap"
Old Feb 22, 2020, 08:10 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I regret selling my evo IX. I pick up an evo x gsr then moved on to an evo x mr. I love the evo x MR. I am debating if I should move on to the GTR or pick up another IX and build it. My buddy went from the GSR to MR to GTR back to MR. He said he did not like the feel of the GTR.
Cloud0307 (Feb 24, 2020)
Old Feb 22, 2020, 08:59 AM
Evolving Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by FMFDOC
I regret selling my evo IX. I pick up an evo x gsr then moved on to an evo x mr. I love the evo x MR. I am debating if I should move on to the GTR or pick up another IX and build it. My buddy went from the GSR to MR to GTR back to MR. He said he did not like the feel of the GTR.
I don't remember being super impressed with my GSR when it was stock. AWD system was pretty killer coming from the 350z - but for me - it didn't brighten up until I swapped out all of the drivetrain, shifter/linkage bushings and mounts and then swaybar. I expect some of the same going into the GTR. My evoX was @560 awhp mustang dyno and the GTR is going to need a little work from OEM to beat that... but a gtr with bolt-ons and tune can hit 600awhp/500awtq on stock turbos. In the end I decided to move on because a 700hp evo is pretty high strung, and I wanted more. Sometimes I miss my old cars, but not sure I regret switching.
Cloud0307 (Feb 24, 2020)
Old Feb 22, 2020, 11:03 AM
kaj

Originally Posted by Metal_AF
I don't remember being super impressed with my GSR when it was stock. AWD system was pretty killer coming from the 350z - but for me - it didn't brighten up until I swapped out all of the drivetrain, shifter/linkage bushings and mounts and then swaybar. I expect some of the same going into the GTR. My evoX was @560 awhp mustang dyno and the GTR is going to need a little work from OEM to beat that... but a gtr with bolt-ons and tune can hit 600awhp/500awtq on stock turbos. In the end I decided to move on because a 700hp evo is pretty high strung, and I wanted more. Sometimes I miss my old cars, but not sure I regret switching.
If you are after HP, then the GTR is, absolutely, a no-brainer.
Old Feb 22, 2020, 02:26 PM
Evolving Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Still have my X going on 7+ years. It's my daily. Can't really comment on selling it and regretting or getting something else. I've thought about trading it. For a more comfortable daily. Something like a 370Z or a 2 Series. Even thought about the ND Miata and the CTR. But anyways, take care of your family and new baby first. You can get another Evo later.
Cloud0307 (Feb 24, 2020)
Old Feb 23, 2020, 08:29 AM
2x4

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by razorlab
RS3 isn't anywhere close to the Evo. There is literally no MQB platform that handles anywhere close to a CT9A or a CZ4A.

If you are just doing street driving then whatever but the MQB platform really lets you down on track.
I’ve always valued your opinion so this is good to hear. I don’t track my car but I’m all about the handling. I just need to quit listening to the RS3 sound clips. It’s definitely the song of the sirens. And I need to quit riding in a co-workers S3, the launch control is intoxicating.
Old Feb 23, 2020, 01:11 PM
kaj

Originally Posted by 2x4
I’ve always valued your opinion so this is good to hear. I don’t track my car but I’m all about the handling. I just need to quit listening to the RS3 sound clips. It’s definitely the song of the sirens. And I need to quit riding in a co-workers S3, the launch control is intoxicating.
There's a lot to be said about enjoying the sound of your car. Half the reasonn I bought My current weekend car is it's sound. I get goosebumps, every time. My Evo, on the other hand, sounds like a John Deer, in comparison.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 09:56 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I've had my X for 10 years now. I've thought about selling/trading in, but something always stops me. Probably because I've felt that pain of losing the car you love and don't want to feel that again. LOL. I sold my '97 GSX (FP Green/built trans/etc...) in 2009 to get the X. Miss her so. LOL

Now waiting for the Evo XI and hoping it's a manual gearbox.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 12:37 PM
Evolving Member

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by MARQ
I've had my X for 10 years now. I've thought about selling/trading in, but something always stops me. Probably because I've felt that pain of losing the car you love and don't want to feel that again. LOL. I sold my '97 GSX (FP Green/built trans/etc...) in 2009 to get the X. Miss her so. LOL

Now waiting for the Evo XI and hoping it's a manual gearbox.
You really think the Evo XI is going to happen?
Old Feb 24, 2020, 01:50 PM
kaj

Originally Posted by Cloud0307
You really think the Evo XI is going to happen?
Yeah.. um.. no. Mitsubishi seems to be within a butt hair of just closing down for good, unless they find a way to make a come back with EVs.
Cloud0307 (Feb 25, 2020)
Old Feb 25, 2020, 06:49 AM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Yep not going to happen.
To me it makes sense for car makers to make cars like Evos even if they are not making much profit.
They are actually in a worse situation now after dropping the Evo.
Sales started falling off for the Evo only cause they didn't bother updating it again.
Its like they gave up.
I mean look at a 2007 Evo and 2015. Even the final edition they didn't do much
not even special wheels. They just repainted their old 2007 wheels.
Look at the CTR its free advertising for the Honda name and makes people want civics and other Hondas.
If someone owns lets say a Nissan GTR and are in love with it then when they are shopping for an family SUV or daily car
They will probably be leaning towards a Nissan.
Old Feb 25, 2020, 11:40 AM
kaj

Originally Posted by llllBULLSEYE
Yep not going to happen.
To me it makes sense for car makers to make cars like Evos even if they are not making much profit.
They are actually in a worse situation now after dropping the Evo.
Sales started falling off for the Evo only cause they didn't bother updating it again.
Its like they gave up.
I mean look at a 2007 Evo and 2015. Even the final edition they didn't do much
not even special wheels. They just repainted their old 2007 wheels.
Look at the CTR its free advertising for the Honda name and makes people want civics and other Hondas.
If someone owns lets say a Nissan GTR and are in love with it then when they are shopping for an family SUV or daily car
They will probably be leaning towards a Nissan.
2007?
IMO, Mitsu failed by not promoting the Evo. They did nothing for it, at all. Subaru throws all kinda of events related to the WRX. Well, they used to. Not sure any more. they also remained in the public eye via Motorsports such as X-games, Rally-X, etc. Mitsu just let the model die off. I'm sure they have their reasons. I can't imagine the Evo helped their bottom line, at all.
Old Feb 25, 2020, 11:44 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Cloud0307
Hey everyone,

Been awhile since I have been on here. I parted out my car and sold it middle of last year. After several months, I'm missing it like crazy. I sold it because I had a second baby coming and was trying to be smart and look at it as an extra expense I didn't need. I'm effing miserable without a car. I loved that car and it was glorious, lol. Anyone ever sell and regret it? Anyone go back to an Evo? I'm wondering if it is just a dumb move to buy another and mod it all up again? Cars make me happy and specifically the Evo. I would also find excuses to drive it, no matter if it was like a quick 5 minute trip to get something and back.

I've highly been contemplating getting a 2017-2018 CTS V as well. Just looking for anyone else who has been in the same boat.

My old car as reference
Omg those lines on that evo sexy as hell. Can’t wait to get mine to this level. I don’t blame you for missing it.

Quick Reply: Anyone ever regret selling their Evo?