Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Anyone ever regret selling their Evo?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2020, 02:21 PM
Evolving Member

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Anyone ever regret selling their Evo?

Hey everyone,

Been awhile since I have been on here. I parted out my car and sold it middle of last year. After several months, I'm missing it like crazy. I sold it because I had a second baby coming and was trying to be smart and look at it as an extra expense I didn't need. I'm effing miserable without a car. I loved that car and it was glorious, lol. Anyone ever sell and regret it? Anyone go back to an Evo? I'm wondering if it is just a dumb move to buy another and mod it all up again? Cars make me happy and specifically the Evo. I would also find excuses to drive it, no matter if it was like a quick 5 minute trip to get something and back.

I've highly been contemplating getting a 2017-2018 CTS V as well. Just looking for anyone else who has been in the same boat.

My old car as reference

The following 2 users liked this post by Cloud0307:
EVO196 (Feb 14, 2020), PolloVagabundo (Feb 14, 2020)
Old Feb 12, 2020, 04:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 65 Posts
That's a damn good looking X. I'd miss it, too.

I've thought about selling mine but would never be able to actually do it. Bought mine brand new in '06 and will never sell it.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 05:19 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Sold an Evo 8, regretted it and got my 9 4 months later, I can't sell this one. That X is perfect!
Old Feb 12, 2020, 07:17 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks guys! I only put the best of the best on. Multiple Varis parts, I loved the Varis hood. EFR 8374 kit, Akrapovic exhaust, you name it. The amount of work and money that was in this, ugh!!! I thought about getting a 9 but I'm just more partial to the X. The other obstacle I have is my wife, lol. I don't know think she will like me buying the same car again and putting all the money back into it. Cant blame her. I just really want another one.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 07:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts
Really good looking Evo.

I’m on my 3rd Evo right now. Once you sell one, you’ll always regret and will end up buying something to replace it.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 08:04 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ugakirk
Really good looking Evo.

I’m on my 3rd Evo right now. Once you sell one, you’ll always regret and will end up buying something to replace it.
Dang! That's awesome! Which Evo models have you owned? Which do you own currently?
Old Feb 13, 2020, 04:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts
Originally Posted by Cloud0307
Dang! That's awesome! Which Evo models have you owned? Which do you own currently?
I had a 2005 8, then bought a brand new 2008 X. Had that car about 5 years. Love it and never had any issues. I sold it because I had some stuff change and I needed a different car.

I bought a Lexus thinking that all the comfort stuff over my X would make me not miss it as much. Even though it was a good car and we had it for about 6-7 years, it was a boring car and I always regretted selling the X.

I searched for a few years and found the exact X I wanted. It’s a 2012 GSR with SS and SL packages. The previous owner had taken really good care of it and had all the records. He wanted 23k, so I hopped on it and haven’t looked back. I honestly don’t drive it much. But every time I do, I have a huge smile on my face.
Old Feb 13, 2020, 06:18 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ugakirk
I had a 2005 8, then bought a brand new 2008 X. Had that car about 5 years. Love it and never had any issues. I sold it because I had some stuff change and I needed a different car.

I bought a Lexus thinking that all the comfort stuff over my X would make me not miss it as much. Even though it was a good car and we had it for about 6-7 years, it was a boring car and I always regretted selling the X.

I searched for a few years and found the exact X I wanted. It’s a 2012 GSR with SS and SL packages. The previous owner had taken really good care of it and had all the records. He wanted 23k, so I hopped on it and haven’t looked back. I honestly don’t drive it much. But every time I do, I have a huge smile on my face.
I'm happy to hear this! Im going to be patient and wait for the right one to pop up myself. I can't wait to get back in one.
Old Feb 13, 2020, 11:38 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 350 Likes on 264 Posts
Having kids is one of the biggest sacrifices a person can make, so your priorities were in the right place. Don't feel bad about it, develop a plan to buy another evo in the future when you can safely afford it. It's repetitive, but if that's what truly makes you happy, then your wife should support you.

We are planning to buy our first house sooner than later and I thought about selling my IX to help with the down payment. However, it's so damn expensive to live here that selling the car would not even put the slightest dent in it. It would just depress the hell out of me very quickly. I concluded that it's best to just save money through conventional means even though it will take longer and use the Evo to keep me happy in the journey .
The following 2 users liked this post by Pal215:
Kenpachi Zaraki (Apr 18, 2020), zeRep85RA (Feb 14, 2020)
Old Feb 13, 2020, 02:24 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Pal215
Having kids is one of the biggest sacrifices a person can make, so your priorities were in the right place. Don't feel bad about it, develop a plan to buy another evo in the future when you can safely afford it. It's repetitive, but if that's what truly makes you happy, then your wife should support you.

We are planning to buy our first house sooner than later and I thought about selling my IX to help with the down payment. However, it's so damn expensive to live here that selling the car would not even put the slightest dent in it. It would just depress the hell out of me very quickly. I concluded that it's best to just save money through conventional means even though it will take longer and use the Evo to keep me happy in the journey .
I hear you man, thank you for the support and kind words. I'm with you, I just need to be patient and trust the process.

Wishing you and your wife the best on your house purchase. It was an exciting time when we purchased ours 5 years ago.
The following users liked this post:
Pal215 (Feb 13, 2020)
Old Feb 13, 2020, 03:20 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Yes, sold my Evo X in 2015, missed it a lot. My convinced my wife to get a 2014 MR in 2016 for my Evo fix, she loved it so much and wouldn't let me drive it lol, i just recently bought a IX.
The following users liked this post:
Kenpachi Zaraki (Apr 18, 2020)
Old Feb 13, 2020, 04:28 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Leon.D
Yes, sold my Evo X in 2015, missed it a lot. My convinced my wife to get a 2014 MR in 2016 for my Evo fix, she loved it so much and wouldn't let me drive it lol, i just recently bought a IX.
Haha! I love it. I wish my wife was into cars. How do you like the IX? I thought about it, I still have never driven one. I'm still drawn to the X more.
Old Feb 13, 2020, 06:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Some days I miss it. I definitely need to get another one, but this time I think I'm going to try to find a IX instead of buying a X for the third time. Gotta wait till the Type R is paid off first. Love your X btw.
Old Feb 13, 2020, 07:23 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jayevo23
Some days I miss it. I definitely need to get another one, but this time I think I'm going to try to find a IX instead of buying a X for the third time. Gotta wait till the Type R is paid off first. Love your X btw.
Thank you.

That's awesome, your third evo. Have you drive an Evo IX before?

I'm 34 years old and still drawn to this car moreover than most things out there. I contemplated a GTR but didn't think it would be as fun. I'm not wanting a horsepower monster.
Old Feb 14, 2020, 07:24 AM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
First off Beautiful looking Evo I would miss it as well
Why don't you get like an older 02 03 bugeye WRX They are going for 3-5k
I'm planning on selling the Evo and buying one of them to keep me calm,
cause selling the Evo and driving just the daily TSX would kill me slowly.
Honestly they are the closest thing to our Evos 2.0 turbo Rally AWD

Quick Reply: Anyone ever regret selling their Evo?