Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

CJ Lancer Aspire 2.4l turbo upgrade

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 04:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CJ Lancer Aspire 2.4l turbo upgrade

Howdy all,

Firstly, as much as I lust over owning an EVO X, I really cant be doing big boy toys at this stage of my life. Not that big anyway. So I have a 2010 Lancer Aspire which I purchased off the showroom floor all those years ago with all the bells and whistles Mits could offer. I've looked after it although the paint has finally started to weather. I have a full respray in the pipeline over the Christmas break to bring it back to new, the leather interior has aged very well as too the rest of the interior. A few months ago, I resprayed the roof as it was really bad and once i did that I found a new love for my car again and decided I wanted to invest time and money into it. We can all agree, the CJ shape really is a beautiful thing. I've recently replaced the Rockford Fosgate touchscreen with an android unit and those who have the factory sub can attest, it made the sound completely come alive. So, all this has me thinking about other upgrades, and the engine is one. Its got close to 300k on the clock and I figure if I am going to do something about that, why not go further. I have sourced Ralliart bumpers, it has side skirts, and tail lights are coming, but I dont want all those looks without the sound. So, I want to do a turbo rebuild on this engine. Nothing crazy. Its FWD after all. I just want more power and the exhaust sound to match its Ralliart looks. Has anyone done this? I live in Sydney, so who would be up to this kind of modification considering all the extra bolt on stuff like pipes and intercooler, gearbox upgrade etc. Or am I just nuts for thinking such a thing. Tell me I'm a sandwich short of a picnic or is this something worth doing. Love the site. Been reading and looking all over it, decided to join and get involved..cheers
Old Yesterday, 10:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 151 Likes on 121 Posts
Generally speaking, when cars are offered with a turbo option, it is cheaper and more reliable to just buy one. You could look at the ralliarts as those are a fair bit cheaper than the evos here in the states.

Sure it can be done but it probably isn't worth the time, effort or money to make something that they already made a better one of.