Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

No heat and burning smell

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2024, 03:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No heat and burning smell

I have 2015 evo x 32k miles on it
Today I was installing an aftermarket radio.
After I got done, I started the car and turned on the ac/heat and I heard a loud clicking noise. I turned it off checked everywhere couldn’t find anything.Turned it back on and turned the ac. The Ac is cold and working. Turned on the heat, No heat and burning smell. Is it possibly that one of the stupid clips fell down the vent and it making something stuck like a heater fan or something?? How can I check? Where can I get access to check? Any ideas or recommendations will be appreciated.

thank you
Old Oct 1, 2024, 06:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 113 Likes on 101 Posts
The heater fan and AC fan are the same. There is a blend door that changes where the air is flowing so maybe it's jammed from an object dropped in? You can tear everything apart but I'd suggest grabbing a cheap USB endoscope from Amazon or wherever and running it down the vents to check.
Old Oct 1, 2024, 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by splattj
The heater fan and AC fan are the same. There is a blend door that changes where the air is flowing so maybe it's jammed from an object dropped in? You can tear everything apart but I'd suggest grabbing a cheap USB endoscope from Amazon or wherever and running it down the vents to check.
that’s a great idea. The blend door changing for air flow make sense, but why you think there is a burning smell ? If the door jammed that you mentioned it can cause a burning smell because it’s trying to open and it can’t ? And that clicking noise at the beginning should I be concerned ?
Old Oct 2, 2024, 11:51 AM
Evolved Member

Received 113 Likes on 101 Posts
Hard to say where the burning is coming from. Could be something dropped down on the heater core or if it's jammed the solenoid motor burned out. The clicking cloud be the blend door gears skipping if the door is jammed. Really hard to guess at.
Old Oct 2, 2024, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by splattj
Hard to say where the burning is coming from. Could be something dropped down on the heater core or if it's jammed the solenoid motor burned out. The clicking cloud be the blend door gears skipping if the door is jammed. Really hard to guess at.

it fell behind where those red circles . I looked everywhere with a scope couldn’t even find the damn clips. Where are those blend doors located behind there so i can look and see if it’s blocking it
I checked inside the actual vent and I couldn’t see anything in there but the vent kinda go up like in the pic so there is no way the clip went up and then fill down the vent if that make sense