Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Evo x dies suddenly and wont start

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2024, 07:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evo x dies suddenly and wont start

I have 2015 evo x
i just rebuilt the engine and i know i need a new tune but whats weird is that when i start the evo it idle fine for few mins then it dies try to start it again it will start and then die instantly

I checked for codes i had P0450 and P0069

For the p0450 , I don’t have fuel pressure sensor because I have after market radium setup so my fuel pressure sensor is bypassed basically .

and for p0069 i believe it’s related to my Map sensor I have Omni 4 bar . But if my map sensor is bad, wouldn’t the car wont start at all?

why the car starts and then after few mins it died and wont start again, if I waited like 30 mins and started again it will start and run for few mins and then die again and does the same thing again and again

this started 2 days ago. I had the engine built about a week ago and I was driving it around without boost like around the neighborhood to help break in a he engine so it wasn’t right after the built , it’s recent

I plugged my scanned and checked the reading for my map and barometric and they were reading fine but that’s the reading I got when it died

any ideas or suggestions? Do you think it’s all related to my map sensor like not working properly ?

Old Oct 3, 2024, 07:35 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 449 Likes on 383 Posts
Omnibar MAP sensor issues can show up with engine temps. might as well get a backup since they break too often
Old Oct 3, 2024, 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by ViciousLSD
Omnibar MAP sensor issues can show up with engine temps. might as well get a backup since they break too often
engine temp? Oh wow I didn’t know that maybe I’ll start it and check the engine temp and see if it die at a certain degree. But you think it’s the map sensor that’s giving all those issues ? I already ordered one it should arrive today. It’s so weird because I had it for years with no problem
Old Oct 3, 2024, 11:12 AM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by nfs0311
engine temp? Oh wow I didn’t know that maybe I’ll start it and check the engine temp and see if it die at a certain degree. But you think it’s the map sensor that’s giving all those issues ? I already ordered one it should arrive today. It’s so weird because I had it for years with no problem
one guy here mentioned his mechanic let the car idle while pointing a heat gun on the MAP to get to the end result
Old Oct 3, 2024, 11:46 AM

one guy here mentioned his mechanic let the car idle while pointing a heat gun on the MAP to get to the end result
I won’t be doing that lol
Just plug it he scanner and read engine temp while it’s running and see when it dies but my map sensor arriving today so I am gonna plug it also and test and I will come back here and update
Old Oct 3, 2024, 12:02 PM
EvoM Guru

I won’t be doing that lol
Just plug it he scanner and read engine temp while it’s running and see when it dies but my map sensor arriving today so I am gonna plug it also and test and I will come back here and update
ok but its more about the sensor temp. on my evo9 I can idle the car with the hood open, say I'm working on adjusting the biss. after a few mins somehow my strut bar gets way too hot to touch. obviously map sensor get hot too, and it would be different when the hood is closed.
going with a new map sensor to test would be best of course, like I said youre gonna need a backup anyway
mine stopped working when it got hot, not sure if the separation is related which i discovered way later. no idea if my tuner(s) broke it

new or the old one, I put a strap on it now just in case

Old Oct 3, 2024, 12:40 PM

ok but its more about the sensor temp. on my evo9 I can idle the car with the hood open, say I'm working on adjusting the biss. after a few mins somehow my strut bar gets way too hot to touch. obviously map sensor get hot too, and it would be different when the hood is closed.
going with a new map sensor to test would be best of course, like I said youre gonna need a backup anyway
mine stopped working when it got hot, not sure if the separation is related which i discovered way later. no idea if my tuner(s) broke it

new or the old one, I put a strap on it now just in case
that’s crazy and I think mine doesn’t care if the hood is open or not lol what strap you talking about? The one that protecting the wires? I always have that on it
Old Oct 3, 2024, 12:50 PM
EvoM Guru

that’s crazy and I think mine doesn’t care if the hood is open or not lol what strap you talking about? The one that protecting the wires? I always have that on it
the strap on top of the sensor, that should be less pressure on the glue to keep it together lol
Old Oct 4, 2024, 07:38 PM

the strap on top of the sensor, that should be less pressure on the glue to keep it together lol
so I got the new sensor I put it on and it seem that it fixed the problem!! So crazy. I turned on the evo, it started right away. Left it on until it reach normal temp and another 10 mins and it didn’t die . I turned it on and tried to start it again right away and it started fine too didn’t die. So I hope that fixed the problem. But when I scan for codes it shows me p0069 which is the map. Maybe it take some time for the system to clear it ?
Old Yesterday, 07:50 PM
EvoM Guru

I dont know the procedure to clear that. maybe just clear it. I thought no smog in FL
Old Yesterday, 11:54 PM

I dont know the procedure to clear that. maybe just clear it. I thought no smog in FL
that what I am gonna do after I finish redoing the wiring under my steering wheel and tuck them in and we don’t have smog in Florida no