Notices
Evo X How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in the Request sub-forum.

Boost Gauge and MBC install

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2008 | 04:35 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mksevo
The Boost gauge install is easier. here is the port on your intake manifold, just splice in here with a plastic Y fitting and attach you boost gauge to the Free end.
Where do you plug the 12v in? The lighter is a ***** to get too. how?
Old Jun 26, 2008 | 06:37 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by love9sick
Where do you plug the 12v in? The lighter is a ***** to get too. how?
your stock head unit, thats where I got mine.
Old Jun 26, 2008 | 08:46 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Talon_66
your stock head unit, thats where I got mine.
He's got NAVI though. We went it the lighter. I got to that *****. Man is it tight in that space.
Old Jul 10, 2008 | 07:25 PM
Evolving Member

Would it be possible to post brief instructions on how to get to the cigarette lighter to tap a supply? I was able to remove the centre console on my VIII with no problems but I am having difficulty with my X. Thanks.
Old Jul 10, 2008 | 07:33 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by AkumaMax
He's got NAVI though. We went it the lighter. I got to that *****. Man is it tight in that space.
so?

t off the wires.
Old Sep 11, 2008 | 08:19 AM

kewl
Old Sep 11, 2008 | 08:22 AM
Evolved Member

I think if i get together with a local shop and make a-pillars for the 10 i might make some money, lol. Thanks for the info OP.
Old Sep 15, 2008 | 07:52 PM
Evolving Member

hey can someone check this picture and tell me if i am running it right ,because i tried it like this but it wouldnt go past 8psi, i think its the mbc so i am getting it replaced tommorow but besides that is it good or no ?..

Attached Thumbnails Boost Gauge and MBC install-turbo-setup.jpg  
Old Sep 15, 2008 | 07:59 PM
Evolved Member

While I can't comment on the install, that diagram is fantastic.

+1 for Paint Skillz.
Old Sep 16, 2008 | 05:21 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by xPRimNT
While I can't comment on the install, that diagram is fantastic.

+1 for Paint Skillz.
ok i got it installed, i did everything in the picture exept running the boost gauge off a different source which is from the line that goes into the vacumm valve/blow off valve.
Old Sep 23, 2008 | 01:30 PM

Anyone have any pics of how they did their wiring? I just got a prosport boost gauge and am trying to find some good wires to splice it in to.
Old Sep 23, 2008 | 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by Papi4baby
I think if i get together with a local shop and make a-pillars for the 10 i might make some money, lol. Thanks for the info OP.
if you want someone to draw it up on cadd i can do that for you id just need the measurements

find out what program the company uses and if i know it ill design in the program or use one i do know.
Old Sep 23, 2008 | 09:05 PM

i used the compartment behind the ashtray

Originally Posted by ksattic
Would it be possible to post brief instructions on how to get to the cigarette lighter to tap a supply? I was able to remove the centre console on my VIII with no problems but I am having difficulty with my X. Thanks.
since i don't smoke, i used the ashtray lid to mount a 52 mm autometer gauge seated in a mounting cup. i drilled a 1/4" hole in the rear of the ashtray compartment and routed the wires to the fuse box. autozone sells a fuse/wire adapter that allows you to eliminate having to cut and splice wires. i used the power mirror fuse to power the light and grounded to a nut on the crash bar under the dash. if you don't use the ashtray, this works well i think. i'll try to post a pic later.
Old Sep 23, 2008 | 09:21 PM

ashtray pics

Originally Posted by ashyking
since i don't smoke, i used the ashtray lid to mount a 52 mm autometer gauge seated in a mounting cup. i drilled a 1/4" hole in the rear of the ashtray compartment and routed the wires to the fuse box. autozone sells a fuse/wire adapter that allows you to eliminate having to cut and splice wires. i used the power mirror fuse to power the light and grounded to a nut on the crash bar under the dash. if you don't use the ashtray, this works well i think. i'll try to post a pic later.
n/m
Attached Thumbnails Boost Gauge and MBC install-gauge.jpg  
Old Oct 1, 2008 | 02:55 PM
Evolving Member

hey guys...just like the IX's. If you pull the cover off where the fuse block is under the left side of the drivers dash. The dimmer switch has multiple wires coming from the back of it. The green/white stripe wires is a dimmer wire. It's perfect to tap for illumination of gauges!

Quick Reply: Boost Gauge and MBC install