Notices
Evo X How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in the Request sub-forum.

Anyone know how to kill the seatbelt beep?

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2008, 11:29 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why would you drive without a seatbelt? A seatbelt saved my life last year. Do yourself a favor and wear it.
Old May 3, 2008, 01:46 PM
Evolved Member

put your seatbelt on always or be sorry...
Old May 3, 2008, 08:07 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There is a harness/cartridge that unclips from the bottom of the receiving end of the seat belt (the female end if u will). It slides out and there is a part which is spring loaded. compress this and tape it up to keep it that way and you will never hear that beep again!

Just to reiterate, I do always wear my seatbelt which I believe everyone should. When I pull into my alley and into tight spots I need to be free of it and that beeping is VERy obnoxious. So enjoy!

Also if someone else posted this then props to them. I didn't go back and read the entire thread.
Old May 4, 2008, 06:25 AM
srs

Originally Posted by awddyno
Damn they have the X in Pinas?
sorry for the OT, yup we have here, but all imports...
Old May 4, 2008, 06:48 AM
Evolving Member

buckle up, its the law,
Old May 4, 2008, 11:29 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by junction
There is a harness/cartridge that unclips from the bottom of the receiving end of the seat belt (the female end if u will). It slides out and there is a part which is spring loaded. compress this and tape it up to keep it that way and you will never hear that beep again!

Just to reiterate, I do always wear my seatbelt which I believe everyone should. When I pull into my alley and into tight spots I need to be free of it and that beeping is VERy obnoxious. So enjoy!

Also if someone else posted this then props to them. I didn't go back and read the entire thread.
thanks. It was posted by not in detail like this. I'm in the same boat. I have to get free of the belt when I park in my tight driveway. I'm on a culdasac and there are kids and dogs runnin' around. Got to be careful! The rear visibility in the X is very limited and in order to 'see' I have get myself 'up' in the seat for a good view. That fricken' chime bugs the livin' crap outta me the whole time I park.

And to all the 'moms' and 'dads' saying to always wear your belt I say STFU...OK? The original question was not about wearing your belt it was a TECH QUESTION. Teh X chime happens to be one of the most obnoxious seat belt chimes in the history of the world lol. I see alot of posts here by non X owners. WTH? I guess you have not heard this evil'...and are just over here on the X forums trollin'

I'm sure no one on this forum needs to be reminded to wear their belt and how dare you for thinking otherwise.

Last edited by MooseX; May 4, 2008 at 11:36 PM.
Old May 5, 2008, 08:38 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by MooseX
I'm sure no one on this forum needs to be reminded to wear their belt and how dare you for thinking otherwise.

You're kidding, right???

ATVs kill people.

Fireworks maim people.

Guns are for murderers.

The list goes on.....

I think the "wear a seatbelt" program has been going since the late 70s, but in today's society, we need a populous of safety ***** to reiterate everything they've learned and jump down anyone's throat when the opportunity arises.

I mean, really...kids riding a bicycle without a helmet, kneepads, elbowpads, and a GPS locator??? What? You want to be turned into child services??

Yes, we get *IT*! "Seatbelts save lives". However, if you really think that someone is saying "I don't want to wear a seatbelt to save my life in an accident--thus don't override the seatbelt reminder"....well...sheep, bandwagon, alarmist, etc.
Old May 6, 2008, 09:53 AM
Evolving Member

^you need to stop posting in this thread if you only have negative things to say. The point is most of us do wear our seatbelts. I can't remember when I was in a car when someone didn't. It's an old habit thats' hard to break...and a good one to have. I can't believe people are turning this thread into a moral issue. It's a thread concerning a simple tech question about a problem with the super obnoxious seat belt chime on the new X. The people interested in this thread are not asking how to drive without a seatbelt. NO and why would anyone start a thread like that?..get it? duh. Did you even read the whole thread? Do you even own an X? If you drove and lived with one on a day to day basis then you might understand.

Get off your high horse and mind your own business. Go babysit someone else. The fact is there are some of us out here that will admit we take our belts off during parking or whatever. That's all. Were not saying to drive without one. Hell no and don't presume we do.

With the bad visibitly of the X it is almost required to park properly in my situation (which happens to be a culdasac with tons of kids, toys, pets and gabby housewives)...that is without running over anything

Last edited by MooseX; May 6, 2008 at 10:16 AM.
Old May 11, 2008, 01:39 PM

Hard to believe. 5 pages of people acting like they are your parents. I dont wear my seatbelt. Not getting into collisions saves lives. Im glad everyone can preach to you that you need to wear your seatbelt. What about driving the posted speed, stopping for red lights, using turn signals, etc. There are lots of laws designed to keep people from killing each other on the road but many are overlooked. You dont need to cut/disconnect any wires. You certainly dont need to cut off your belt clip from the strap and leave it plugged in. You dont need to sit on your seatbelt. If you chose to drive without the belt and you dont want to hear the noise, you have about 1.5 minutes of work ahead of you. A piece of plastic and some scissors will get you fixed up. Heres what mine looked like. Use carbon fiber to save weight. lol

Old May 11, 2008, 08:29 PM
srs

Originally Posted by This_Guy777
Hard to believe. 5 pages of people acting like they are your parents. I dont wear my seatbelt. Not getting into collisions saves lives. Im glad everyone can preach to you that you need to wear your seatbelt. What about driving the posted speed, stopping for red lights, using turn signals, etc. There are lots of laws designed to keep people from killing each other on the road but many are overlooked. You dont need to cut/disconnect any wires. You certainly dont need to cut off your belt clip from the strap and leave it plugged in. You dont need to sit on your seatbelt. If you chose to drive without the belt and you dont want to hear the noise, you have about 1.5 minutes of work ahead of you. A piece of plastic and some scissors will get you fixed up. Heres what mine looked like. Use carbon fiber to save weight. lol

Haha! nice one... great idea..
Old Jun 28, 2008, 06:33 AM

Seatbelts are over rated
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7t-NFF3FTc&hl=en

I used to not wear seatbelts when i was 16 then 1 day i was wearing it and flipped my car by accident saved my life and have always worn one since.
Old Jun 28, 2008, 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by quickgti18t
Seatbelts are over rated
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7t-NFF3FTc&hl=en

I used to not wear seatbelts when i was 16 then 1 day i was wearing it and flipped my car by accident saved my life and have always worn one since.
Well, I rolled a Dodge Neon, the equivalent of a pepsi can on wheels, 3.5 times down a hill and landed upside down in a cement spillway after hydroplaning. Had I been wearing my seatbelt I'd be dead. The ceiling would have come down on my head and broke my neck, or my head would have gone out of the sunroof and the car would have rolled over it. The only thing that saved me was NOT wearing a seatbelt, and bouncing around inside the cab. My car ended up 3ft narrower and 1.5ft shorter than it used to be.

The fact of the matter is, seatbelts only save lives in head on, or high speed rear collisions, they're designed to keep you from going forward, not side to side. While the most common traffic accident is a Frontal Collision (According to Wikipedia), I've not been in one, and I can't see myself running into anything head on. I just don't drive with that kind of carelessness. The next common is side impacts, and that's where seatbelts don't do a damn thing besides keep you in your seat, which is not a healthy place to be with metal and glass coming inwards towards you. The next is a rear end collision, which are 99.9% of the time low speed impacts where a seatbelt is only going to prevent injury, not death. Whiplash is my friend in that case, as I get more money. The least common is rollovers, which account for 3% of accidents, but end up most fatal, because seatbelts don't do a damn thing in this scenario besides pin you to your seat while the sides and ceiling are coming in on you.

Just for all of you preaching seatbelts save lives. I don't wear one, I refuse, and you can call me anything you want, but it's not going to change my mind. It's my life at stake, not yours.
Old Jul 1, 2008, 11:31 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well, in my case, I run a harness at the track and the beeping does get a bit annoying, not to mention the warning light on my dash.

Id like to know how to disable this as well.
Old Jul 1, 2008, 12:57 PM
Account Disabled

Everyone needs to stop attempting to control others. You don't know these people, so what do you care?

I drive with 5% tint on my front windshield, during the day, going 60mph in school zone, right when kids get out, while on the cell phone and watching a movie on my Navi, and occasionally reading an excerpt from my favorite novel and simultaneously attempting to tie my shoelace which has become loose from changing clothes while driving without a seatbelt.

So there. Shut the hell up!
Old Jul 1, 2008, 09:04 PM

Why would you not wear a seatbelt?

Quick Reply: Anyone know how to kill the seatbelt beep?