Notices
Evo X How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in the Request sub-forum.

Three more access points to go into the passenger compartment

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2008, 08:41 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Three more access points to go into the passenger compartment

First one is the grommet inside the driver's side fender well that has the hood release line running through it. See pics.

Second and third are the two grommets inside the fender wells down towards the bottom, just above the rocker panels. Again see pics.

I ran my boost gauge line through the hood release grommet and it went through just fine. The grommet is a little annoying to get to, but it allows easy access to the space above the fender liner, and from there you can get just about anywhere in the engine bay. It's blind on the inside, so stick a welding rod or coat hanger through from the outside, and then pull it the rest of the way from the inside.

I plan on running the wideband wiring through one of the rocker panel grommets, and datalogger wiring through the other. The diameters of the grommets just above the rocker panels are sort of small compared to the grommets inside the passenger compartment. Therefore you should plan accordingly if you decide to use them. I stuck a welding rod straight through from the outside to the inside using these holes without having to bend it or fish it through. I did the same thing on both sides, both are straight shots, although the actual diameter the can go through easily has not yet been identified.

I didn't have to mess around with insulation blocking either path, all the was required was some removal and reassembly of some plastic trim. Namley the fender liners and the rocker covers and kick panels.
Attached Thumbnails Three more access points to go into the passenger compartment-p4190262-text.jpg   Three more access points to go into the passenger compartment-p4190265-text.jpg   Three more access points to go into the passenger compartment-p4190273-text.jpg   Three more access points to go into the passenger compartment-p4190276-text.jpg  
Old Apr 20, 2008, 07:31 PM
Evolving Member

As an update, the rocker panel holes behind the fender liners are the perfect size the the Innovate LM-1 wideband connector which plugs into the unit itself. Not the O2 sensor connector, the connector which plugs into the display unit.

Also, the LM-1 sensor connector is the perfect length to go from the pass side downpipe to behind the inner fender liner on the pass side, so the electrical connection is behind the fender liner.

I'll put some pics in my other wideband install how to thread later once my camera batteries are re-charged.
Old Jul 30, 2008, 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by evostang
As an update, the rocker panel holes behind the fender liners are the perfect size the the Innovate LM-1 wideband connector which plugs into the unit itself. Not the O2 sensor connector, the connector which plugs into the display unit.

Also, the LM-1 sensor connector is the perfect length to go from the pass side downpipe to behind the inner fender liner on the pass side, so the electrical connection is behind the fender liner.

I'll put some pics in my other wideband install how to thread later once my camera batteries are re-charged.
BumP!
Old Jul 31, 2008, 01:32 PM
Evolving Member

I believe the pics are in post #8 in the thread below.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=340464