Notices
Evo X How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in the Request sub-forum.

How To Use Factory 2 Step

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2008, 07:03 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How To Use Factory 2 Step

How do you use it , and can you set it up to bounce of an especific rpm, thank you ,
ibarkovic
Old May 25, 2008, 08:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just push the clutch in while stopped, put the car in first gear, stomp the gas, wait for it to bounce off 5 or 5.5k (it's one of the two) and after a couple seconds it builds a little bit of boost. Let the clutch out and you're off. When you let the clutch out do it quickly but not too fast. Don't side step your foot and "pop" the clutch out, that produces driveline shock that's not good for your transmission, Let it out too slowly and you'll fry the clutch, and with the stock clutches in these cars being soft and underrated they can barely hold the power that the car is making stock for rolling starts let alone a hard launch. All it takes is one and your crappy mitsu clutch goes bye bye, I hope this helps...
Old May 25, 2008, 09:42 AM
Evolving Member

hey ibarkovic, what color is your x?
Old May 25, 2008, 01:07 PM
Evolving Member

Wicked white, i live by sunny isles, if you ever want to have a meet i have like 3 or 4 people who have evos, 1 thats GG evolution x, a gg ix, and a bby viii.
Old Jun 13, 2008, 06:40 PM
Evolving Member

whats up man

hey i drove by you once i had a charcoal gray x and it was by hollywood on university i too know about 3 evo x owners we all meet by bird road and the turnpike and or ugas on okieechobee lol yo but hit me up if you wana get all the xs together right now i got a friend that went to arizona to get the twin scroll gt35 R for the x and hes tunning it up there along with an *** load of other parts
Old Jun 13, 2008, 08:34 PM
Evolved Member

sooo basically rev it up to 5.5k then wait for it to slowly fall and slowly let go of the clutch? or i heard that the ecu actually "holds" it at 5k until you let go of the clutch.
Old Jun 13, 2008, 08:49 PM
Evolving Member

Just go out and do it yourself.... push the clutch in at a full stop and put the throttle to the floor. it stop at 5600 rpm and sit the for ten seconds max. after that the ecu stops the two step and begins drpoping the rpms.... they will go down very slowly as the computer is dealing with all that unburnt fuel you spewed
Old Jun 14, 2008, 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by SpeedI2acerX
sooo basically rev it up to 5.5k then wait for it to slowly fall and slowly let go of the clutch? or i heard that the ecu actually "holds" it at 5k until you let go of the clutch.
Once you have your clutch down and in first gear, just rev up slowly, but not too fast and it will stop at 5.5-5.6k. For practice I would suggest rev it slowly up until it stop by itself at 5.5k. While it rev at 5.5k-5.6k for 5sec or more you can now launch it. Do it wrong and you'll <bleep> the clutch. Do it right and you'll feel the full power of the X.

Last edited by evolution_X_GSR; Jun 14, 2008 at 08:13 AM.
Old Jun 14, 2008, 07:39 PM
Evolved Member

that is awesome! try to do it at work today at the parking lot but was running late. i rev it up to 5k+ but it just immediately goes back down. it didnt stay for 5-10secs, might be doing something wrong. is this the only reason for the "factory 2-step"? was it put there by for that purpose?
Old Jun 16, 2008, 05:52 PM
Evolving Member

Received 34 Likes on 24 Posts
is this the only reason for the "factory 2-step"? was it put there by for that purpose?
Fun factor!
Old Jun 16, 2008, 07:50 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by REVOlution86
hey i drove by you once i had a charcoal gray x and it was by hollywood on university i too know about 3 evo x owners we all meet by bird road and the turnpike and or ugas on okieechobee lol yo but hit me up if you wana get all the xs together right now i got a friend that went to arizona to get the twin scroll gt35 R for the x and hes tunning it up there along with an *** load of other parts
sounds like fun man, i sent you a pm EDIT , eyy were you the one that past by me like around lehman crossway going like 80 mph an hour on a turn lol , haha

Last edited by ibarkovic; Jun 16, 2008 at 07:54 PM.
Old Jun 16, 2008, 11:01 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Gexxer
Just go out and do it yourself.... push the clutch in at a full stop and put the throttle to the floor. it stops at 5600 rpm and sits there for ten seconds max. after that the ecu stops the two step and begins drpoping the rpms.... they will go down very slowly as the computer is dealing with all that unburnt fuel you spewed

push the clutch in at a full stop and put the throttle to the floor. it stops at 5600 rpms and sits there for ten seconds max

you have to hold the pedal on the floor to engage the 2-step
Old Jun 17, 2008, 07:42 AM

Wait so the EVO X GSR has a factory launch control?
Old Jun 17, 2008, 08:58 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by tunermt
Fun factor!
well they sure killed that with a lousy clutch
Old Jun 17, 2008, 02:15 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
omg this is so simple, how hard is it to understand? It's been explained at least 3 times on here.... people just go do it yes its STOCK

Quick Reply: How To Use Factory 2 Step