Notices
Evo X How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in the Request sub-forum.

Hood Scoop Removal??

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2008, 09:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i like the color contrast but i dont really like the way it comes up more then the stock one, but that my opinion.

for me i might just do like Archiebabes did and just paint mine lol
Old Nov 21, 2008, 09:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by JaxRRevoX

I went ahead and dremeled the front and back holes on the driver side cause the fitment for me wasnt OEM

Looks good! But did you dremel your actual hood? Is the completely necessary to make it fit correctly or well? Can you explain it a bit more? I love the look but don't really wanna dremel my hood just to make it work?
Old Nov 21, 2008, 10:04 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And here is how this hood scoop looked on my GG.... I was very happy with the fit of the piece and the poster it came with was cool lol ... I didnt need to dremel my hood. it was perfect OEM fit
I love it!!!
Name:  P1000595.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  113.8 KB
Name:  P1000596.jpg
Size:  63.2 KB
Name:  P1000597.jpg
Size:  77.7 KB
Name:  P1000600.jpg
Size:  127.5 KB
Old Nov 21, 2008, 10:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would rather not dremel the hood too, so I'm also interested if this is a necessary step. I actually like how the duct opening seems to be a bit larger than stock, which is part of the reason I'm tempted to buy this.
Old Nov 21, 2008, 10:12 AM
Evolved Member

How much did you guys pay for it?
Old Nov 21, 2008, 10:15 AM
Evolving Member

$295 at evasive motorsport..... around 317 shipped

Last edited by stikllr13; Nov 22, 2008 at 09:09 AM.
Old Nov 22, 2008, 05:23 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by R0ME0
Looks good! But did you dremel your actual hood? Is the completely necessary to make it fit correctly or well? Can you explain it a bit more? I love the look but don't really wanna dremel my hood just to make it work?
its just undernearth the air guide, it does nothing it the fitment of the OEM air guide, i just didnt want to "force the new one it, didnt mess anthing up on the hood, trust me , you dont "have to" dremal anything, again its obviously NOT oem and alot of times things dont fit perfectly and sometimes they do with the other guy in here.... and again i didnt want to force it in, it wouldnt have been a "strong" force, i just wanted it to go in perfectly.... ( remember fellas this was just on mine, the other guy didnt have to dremal anything which means you might not have to, but again its REALLY not a big deal, i didnt damage ANYTHING on the hood )

Originally Posted by macPSU
I've never really liked the carbon fiber NACA ducts but that looks pretty damn good. What did you pay for it?
its $337 + shipping on Lancershop.com, on TiTeks website its $349, i called Titek and they gave it to me for $300 SHIPPED

Last edited by JaxRRevoX; Nov 22, 2008 at 05:26 AM.
Old Dec 1, 2008, 08:33 PM

This modification might increase the air intake into engine bay but the change is likely to add more drag force to the air coming from the bonnet and decreasing the overall efficiency of the original intend. Still, that being said, the change does make the Evo X looking more amazing than ever.
Old Dec 3, 2008, 06:37 PM
Evolved Member

I like the look. CF always looks great.
Old Dec 4, 2008, 08:54 AM
Evolving Member

looks good
Old Dec 4, 2008, 11:16 AM
UFO
Evolved Member

be very carful with the metal clips, i used a flat head, & with that 2 black pastic clips, dont be afraid to bend either side of the heat shield to get to one, i bent the left side, again used a flat head to help get it out then the 2nd one i popped right out...
A pair of needle nose pliers makes removing the metal clips a 30 second job; it's much easier than a screwdriver. The black clips are a pain in the butt and I don't think you can get them out without bending the heatshield a little.

Krylon does the job just as well if you don't want to spend much money .

Old Dec 5, 2008, 04:10 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by UFO
A pair of needle nose pliers makes removing the metal clips a 30 second job; it's much easier than a screwdriver. The black clips are a pain in the butt and I don't think you can get them out without bending the heatshield a little.

Krylon does the job just as well if you don't want to spend much money .

What company is your air guide from...?....j/w
Old Dec 5, 2008, 04:35 AM
UFO
Evolved Member

What company is your air guide from...?....j/w
It's a collaboration between UFO Industries and Krylon paint.

Basically, I took it off and painted it with Krylon .
Old Dec 5, 2008, 10:19 AM
Evolved Member

Yeah mine came in yesterday too, i wouldnt go as far as saying it fit better then OEM ...but the install was very easy, here is pretty much a install for everyone that is getting it

came with a cool poster and decals....

be very carful with the metal clips, i used a flat head, & with that 2 black pastic clips, dont be afraid to bend either side of the heat shield to get to one, i bent the left side, again used a flat head to help get it out then the 2nd one i popped right out...

so the 5 bolts are 10mm, not there are 2 black clips actually in the OEM scoop that go through the hood, from underneath take some neddle nose's and squeeze them and they should come right now

I went ahead and dremeled the front and back holes on the driver side cause the fitment for me wasnt OEM

now the rest is all preference ...scoop is on along with the heat sheld MINIS the "red thingy" i didnt like how you could see the heat shield alot more so i took it back off and used a high heat flat black paint.....

red thingy

painted, put the "red thingy" back on ( it fits like a glove "on mine" but there are no hole to attach it like on the OEM scoop)...BUT i didnt like how it looked so I took it off.....

painted, no red thingy......

end result, i freakin LOVE it ....

Hope that helped who ever is getting/gonna get one

Might I add be super careful when removing the clips especially the black clips since they are a paint to take out and you may lose them in the engine bay!
Old Dec 5, 2008, 11:24 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by UFO
It's a collaboration between UFO Industries and Krylon paint.

Basically, I took it off and painted it with Krylon .
O, ok, well it looks good...

Quick Reply: Hood Scoop Removal??