Notices
Evo X How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in the Request sub-forum.

Hood Scoop Removal??

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2011, 11:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking good man
Old Apr 1, 2011, 03:05 PM
Evolving Member

Just put mine on today and it fit perfect with a lil persuasion. It was super easy I had no problem with the clips they popped right out with the flathead. At first I was a little reluctant but you just need to put a little pressure. Don't be scared to force it.
Old Apr 19, 2011, 12:40 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Patrick Mok
This modification might increase the air intake into engine bay but the change is likely to add more drag force to the air coming from the bonnet and decreasing the overall efficiency of the original intend. Still, that being said, the change does make the Evo X looking more amazing than ever.
I would think twice to burn 300 in that but hey! It’s his money and he love to mod his evo to make it look cool!
Good for him
About aerodynamics and bull.... man, I have seen fast cars all my live 40 years old now, the fastest street cars are everything but aerodynamic, when you put 800 hp to the wheels, the aerodynamics are not to go fast, but to keep the exterior panels of your car on it. So keep focus in add power to your car if you want to go fast, and forget about drag forces.
aerodynamics are for F1s, GT1s and NASA aerospace projects, at those speeds you can actually take benefices of 20 or 40 pounds of air and push your car down or up

Unless you track your at 150m/h all the time (doesn't look like a track car with all that wax) keep all your mods to make you happy, canards, winds, whatever you want. At your street speed it won't make any difference.
Old May 3, 2011, 01:00 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by importerok
Has anyone come across an after market paint grade scoop with the higher lip?

I have the capabilities of painting parts myself, and don't want to pay over 3 hundo, for such a tiny carbon fiber piece.

Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.
You could just wrap the OEM one in a sheet of CF. I mean, its not like there is any significant amount of weight loss involved here. Its usually the look you'd be aiming for, am I correct? And what would fit better than the OEM piece? lol
Old May 4, 2011, 03:31 PM

looks good! i just received mine but i dont know how 2 tighten it. there's no fitments 2 put in the nuts from the oem scoop on to the CF scoop. help please
Old Apr 21, 2013, 01:59 PM

this was helpful, just took mine off, about to experiment and paint it metallic black
Old May 17, 2013, 02:52 PM

Look good ...
I like it