Notices
Evo X How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in the Request sub-forum.

Seibon grill Installation

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2010, 04:51 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seibon grill Installation

Does anyone knows How to Install front grill ? before I break it.
Old Jul 12, 2010, 04:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It's very easy. I have the APR piece, which is similar. You need to take the front bumper off & unscrew the intercooler guides, as well as other screws & several speed nuts behind the stock piece. It's easy to figure out. You may also need to buy new speed nuts, since I snapped all of mine when during install, lol.
Old Jul 12, 2010, 05:05 PM
Evolving Member

and predrill holes for screws ? cos I snaped one, so I got on the forum.
Old Jul 12, 2010, 05:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The APR piece came with all necessary holes pre-drilled. I can't speak for the Seibon piece, but I would assume it would be the same.
Old Jul 12, 2010, 10:10 PM
Evolved Member

I'd love to help, but I got mine used so if it doesn't come pre-drilled than the previous owner drilled the holes.

From my experience this is it. There's a ton of screws that come off. Then take off the factory plastic one and put the seibon one on its place. Then screw everything back on. It takes a while and some patience, but it'll go on.
Old Oct 5, 2010, 12:48 PM

Post a picture, would love to see the completed assembly.

TY
Old Oct 7, 2010, 01:51 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by importerok
Post a picture, would love to see the completed assembly.

TY

This what you're looking for?
Old Oct 7, 2010, 04:25 PM
Evolving Member

Here are some pics I took while doing my install. Let me know if you have any questions, but I did this almost 2 years a go

Old Oct 8, 2010, 08:32 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
OK... IMO this is one of the worst aftermarket pieces I have ever worked with. Because of the issues I had with this piece on my car, I will NEVER buy another Seibon part again. On top of that, their rudeness over the phone will further lead me to never recommend them to anyone again. Seibon should be ashamed for releasing this part.

These are the steps I had to go through to get mine installed (and it still didn't look right).

1) Pre drill holes
- I knew about these pins snapping off, so I was extra careful. I went to a machine shop and crafted a pilot hole slip cover. Basically a hollowed out metal dowel with a hole in the middle to line up correctly. I then pre-drilled each hole. But each dowel was a different width / height. So pre-drilling them was a challenge in itself.

2) Hollow out the connecting holes in the grille frame that it screws to
- I took a drill and tried to bolt up the grille. Marking where the holes weren't even close. I had to use a drill to hollow out the holes so it would line up correct. (I hate seibon did I mention that?)

3) Grind down the dowel studs so it goes flush up against the grille frame
- This is the part that was absolutely unnecessary, and Seibon should be ashamed for even making you do this. If I didn't grind down these dowels, I had 1/4" gaps on the sides. So I took a dremel with a grinding wheel and went to town. I ground these dowels down until it fit up correctly. This took a lot of time.

I say send the part back, and get a different brand. I wish I had.
The following users liked this post:
Lightsaber (May 26, 2017)
Old Oct 8, 2010, 01:31 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by migs647
OK... IMO this is one of the worst aftermarket pieces I have ever worked with. Because of the issues I had with this piece on my car, I will NEVER buy another Seibon part again. On top of that, their rudeness over the phone will further lead me to never recommend them to anyone again. Seibon should be ashamed for releasing this part.

These are the steps I had to go through to get mine installed (and it still didn't look right).

1) Pre drill holes
- I knew about these pins snapping off, so I was extra careful. I went to a machine shop and crafted a pilot hole slip cover. Basically a hollowed out metal dowel with a hole in the middle to line up correctly. I then pre-drilled each hole. But each dowel was a different width / height. So pre-drilling them was a challenge in itself.

2) Hollow out the connecting holes in the grille frame that it screws to
- I took a drill and tried to bolt up the grille. Marking where the holes weren't even close. I had to use a drill to hollow out the holes so it would line up correct. (I hate seibon did I mention that?)

3) Grind down the dowel studs so it goes flush up against the grille frame
- This is the part that was absolutely unnecessary, and Seibon should be ashamed for even making you do this. If I didn't grind down these dowels, I had 1/4" gaps on the sides. So I took a dremel with a grinding wheel and went to town. I ground these dowels down until it fit up correctly. This took a lot of time.

I say send the part back, and get a different brand. I wish I had.

Wow someone is angry at Seibon

I can't lie, Seibon could do a little better on their parts since they are not cheap. I installed this grill at the same time I installed the Seibon CF rear diffuser, fender side vents and the Rexpeed cooling side panels. I gave myself a good week to install all of this, and I'm glad I did. I encountered many problems during the install but was able to get it to look/fit just right. I have to add that I have some experience doing this and had to use my head to make sure the parts fit just right. This is not for the faint of heart and do not expect any Seibon, or aftermarket part for that matter, to just bolt right up. If you want it to fit/look right you will most likely have to do some work
Old Oct 8, 2010, 04:48 PM
EvoM Community Team

This was the first time I dealt with seibon. I have dealt with voltex and rexpeed in the past and never had an issue. Just not cool of seibon to charge as much as they do for this part.
Old Oct 8, 2010, 05:27 PM
Evolved Member

This was the first time I dealt with seibon. I have dealt with voltex and rexpeed in the past and never had an issue. Just not cool of seibon to charge as much as they do for this part.
I will have to agree with you on this one. Seibon parts are terrible to work with. I have voltex and rexspeed stuff and they are much easier to work with.
Old Oct 10, 2010, 02:52 PM
Evolving Member

Maybe it's some type of backing, but the reverse images look like it's fiberglass covered with carbon fiber... not all carbon fiber?
Old Oct 10, 2010, 02:57 PM
EvoM Community Team

That's what I think. I'm sure the outside is real carbon, but the whole backing is VERY thick fiberglass.
Old Oct 11, 2010, 09:12 AM
Evolving Member

I have fitting problems with Seibon CF hood and its product in the past... I'll never consider this brand again.

Quick Reply: Seibon grill Installation