Notices
Evo X How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in the Request sub-forum.

How to remove drivers side trim

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2010, 10:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How to remove drivers side trim

Guys how do you remove the trim in the drivers side? This is the only trim I dont know how to remove.... Thanks!
Old Oct 5, 2010, 12:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What panels are you asking about? Interior, Exterior? If you are talking about the dash, there are two screws down at the bottom of the large panel, unscrew those, then pull on the top.. The top is all attached with clips (8 I believe). Once you get that panel off, you can see the fake carbon fiber panels just pop right off as well. Pretty much all of the interior is held together with plastic clips, if there are screws, they put them in a pretty obvious location so that you can see you need to take those off first. I've taken off the drivers side panels to install a turbo timer, and the center console as well. Mostly just pressure clips that pop off with enough pull.

If you are talking about the exterior trim (Chrome around the windows on MR, black on the GSR), there is a screw that is accessible when the doors are open. Undo that one screw (per door), and left it up, it should pop right off its track.

If you are doing an install for something, you should share the wealth, take a couple picture, and post what you did on here, to help others out!

Thanks, and good luck.