Notices
Evo X How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in the Request sub-forum.

How To swap reflector Headlight with OEM Projector headlight assembly

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2010, 12:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How To swap reflector Headlight with OEM Projector headlight assembly

need help...I'm considering swapping my reflectors for projectors assembly.

don't know if it is very complicated to make the swap perfect.
Old Oct 13, 2010, 08:04 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All you would need are the OEM Headlights, Bulbs, Ballasts, and these DRL Bypass Relays linked below. The power going to your daytime running lights are going to flicker the HIDs once you have them installed, so you need this relay bypass to "deactivate" your DRLs until you click over the headlight toggle.

EBAY LINK - http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=180515802509
Old Oct 14, 2010, 05:47 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
so when the guy at the dealership tells me it is really complicated to make the swap...he is really wrong!?!?!?!
Old Oct 20, 2010, 05:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To make the swap perfect would be hard and costly. However it can be done. The hard part comes in when you try to make the auto adjust for the hids, and the high low beam. On the stock hids high and low are in the same bulb. On the reflectors it is two seperate bulbs. What I did when I swapped mine was, retrofit the drl bulb place in the projector housing to fit the high bulb from the reflectors ( fairly easy). That way I still have working high beams for an inspection. I run 55w 5000k bulbs in my low beams, and never use my highs anyway. They however do not auto adjust and it took me a while to get them set up so that it lit the amount of road I wanted without blinding other drivers. So that is the route I went instead of replacing the ecu in my gsr. So it is doable for fairly cheap, but not perfect. And expensive, but perfect.