Notices
Evo X How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in the Request sub-forum.

Aux output removal?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2011, 10:07 AM
Evolving Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Aux output removal?

I am planning on setting up my afr and boost gauge inside the little cubby behind the shifter and i want to run the wires through the area where the aux output is. has any one ever tried to remove it or am i gonna have to drill a hole through the plastic so i can hide the wire. Instructions would be nice!!! thanks
Old Mar 26, 2011, 08:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you pull out your stereo, you can reach your hand down into the area behind the console, and there are some small press clips that hold the box with the aux connectors into the console. It's pretty straight-forward once you can get your hand back there.
Old Mar 28, 2011, 10:15 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by mrMTB
If you pull out your stereo, you can reach your hand down into the area behind the console, and there are some small press clips that hold the box with the aux connectors into the console. It's pretty straight-forward once you can get your hand back there.

alright well i have stock navi will it be the same thing basically?
Old Mar 28, 2011, 10:19 AM
Evolving Member

I was just doing this friday night its pretty simple once you pull everything apart. its a step process start by pulling the center console out by 2 10mm bolts in the box and work your way up and then remove the radio ect ect
Old Mar 28, 2011, 10:47 AM
Evolved Member

Yes, generally the instructions will go:
1) Empty glove box
2) Remove piston from RH side of glove box
3) Remove glove box
4) Remove phillips head screen from dash (previously hidden by glove box)
5) Remove trim piece attached to said screw
6) Remove newly exposed phillips head screw
7) Gently pull off the trim piece that goes from steering wheel to passenger door (attached to said screw). It'll take a little bit to get the first clips to pop; after that- work your way to the other end of the trim piece.
8) Gently pull off the Nav bezel. I like to start with the bottom (attached to the hazard light button) and work up. You will need to detach the harness attached to the back of said light panel. If you do not reattach this before you start up your car, you will throw an airbag warning light.
9) From here you might be able to get your hand underneath the stereo to make it to the Aux box, but if not, just remove the four remaining phillips head screws, pull the nav out a few inches, and you should be golden. If you feel like pulling the HU out to set it aside while you're working back there, I don't believe there are any tricky connectors - as I recall all of the plugs were straight-forward.

GL
Old Mar 28, 2011, 10:48 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Alexl08
I was just doing this friday night its pretty simple once you pull everything apart. its a step process start by pulling the center console out by 2 10mm bolts in the box and work your way up and then remove the radio ect ect
That's for a CT9A. The process is a little different for the CZ4A.
Old Mar 29, 2011, 11:42 AM
Evolving Member

Thanks the all the help guys this should be intresting when i do it. im just waiting for my afr gauge should be here tom. and then i just have to find time . why couldnt they just make it so u could reach your hand around from down by where ur feet are and detach it that way instead of the this BS. This makes me miss my honda HAHA

Last edited by The_X_Effect; Mar 29, 2011 at 11:46 AM.
Old Mar 30, 2011, 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by mrMTB
+1 its pretty easy