Notices
Evo X How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in the Request sub-forum.

OEM Window Visor Install

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2011, 09:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OEM Window Visor Install

I ordered and recieved a set of OEM visors for my X. According to the given instructions, the visors are pretty straight forward to install. They just require clips between the weatherstrip and the 3M tape to secure the visor. I just wanted to see if anyone has some helpful tips to where it would make the installation easier and flawless. After all, I read on a thread that the tape is a "do or die" situation. lol well I'm hoping to install this by tomorrow so any help would be appreciated. Thanks guys
Old Sep 20, 2011, 09:44 AM
Evolving Member

Sorry, not to sound like a dick but you may want to move this topic.

Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in the Request sub-forum.
Old Dec 5, 2011, 05:54 PM

its mostly secured by the clips. easy to install. hard to remove!
Old Dec 16, 2011, 03:48 PM

I suggest you have someone with you and start off with the clips so to make sure its a good fit then mark the area where the visor will go with either tape or a marker (I used a sharpee easily removed with rubbing alcohol) then cleaned the area that the visor will be attached to with rubbing alcohol (so to make sure it sticks really well) then removed backing from the adhesive and placed it where the marking were (this is where a friend comes in hand) and then installed the clips. Your right the adhesive is do or die there is no undoing it so best advise is to have help.