Notices
Evo X How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in the Request sub-forum.

How to install Rexspeed Carbon Fiber Ducts Set

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2011, 11:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How to install Rexspeed Carbon Fiber Ducts Set

Hi everybody!

How the Rexspeed Carbon Fiber Ducts Set will be installed?
I guess I have to use screws. And thats the problemm I do not know exactly. I do not want to drill holes in my front bumper. Does anyone have an idea?

Thank you very much!
Old Nov 24, 2011, 01:50 PM
Evolved Member

If you dig around enough, you'll find some forum posts of people just using double sided tape

I did the first time. Don't do it. They will fall off - I had to buy another set because my first set held by strong 3M tape didn't hold

Just drill holes. If you want it securely fastened and not constantly worrying about it, just drill the holes.

it really isn't that bad. even if you put the stock fog lights back on, the housing will cover up the holes.

you could just drill on the top so you couldn't even see it, but then it just hangs when the double sided tape on the bottom of the duct loses it's stick. honestly, if you don't screw it in, you might be the kind of person that will constantly worry if it falls off whenever you drive, when it rains, and when you wash the car - better off to just drill

as for install - I actually used zip-ties. The included screws and brackets were a little too hard to use, and they would have to be lined up perfectly with the drilled hole. The brackets they provide aren't the right size so you have to bend them out, or risk flexing/stressing the duct piece to where it might crack. You have a little bit of adjustment when you put the zip-tie on, and then pull it tight when you got it right

hope this helps
Old Nov 25, 2011, 03:19 AM

Thank you for your answer!
If I understood you in the correct way: I can use srews but when I want to unmount the Fiber Duct Set and replace the original fog lights, no holes will be seen because the fog lights cover the holes. Is this correct?

(BTW: do you understand my english? )
Old Nov 25, 2011, 02:31 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Shotokan
Thank you for your answer!
If I understood you in the correct way: I can use srews but when I want to unmount the Fiber Duct Set and replace the original fog lights, no holes will be seen because the fog lights cover the holes. Is this correct?

(BTW: do you understand my english? )
Pretty sure you won't be able to see them, as you'll be drilling where the fog light grille surround used to be

Just careful using screws with their included "mounts". You might need to bend them open a bit more, or I feel like you might stress the material too much to a potential crack. You'll see soon enough when you install.
Old Nov 26, 2011, 06:08 AM

Ah..thanks! Is it necessary to unmount the frontbumper?
Old Nov 26, 2011, 01:21 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Shotokan
Ah..thanks! Is it necessary to unmount the frontbumper?
yep - that's the stupid/worst part. for some reason the fog lights are mounted from behind the bumper

pretty silly considering regular lancers have it mounted from the front
Old Nov 28, 2011, 01:32 AM

Thank you very much! I will give it a try and post the result. But this happens next year...
Old Apr 27, 2012, 04:18 PM

Thanks for this post. I received mine today and was wondering the same thing. Kinda bummed about putting screws in my 2 week old bumper