Notices
Evo X How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in the Request sub-forum.

Top speed pro 1 turbo back exhaust

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2012, 02:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Top speed pro 1 turbo back exhaust

Hey everyone. The first mod i'm doing to my 2010 evo x is a top speed pro 1 turbo back exhaust. I'm new to the tuner world and just need some advice as to whether i should install this straight through or keep the cat on with out a tune. I doing upgrades step by step as extra money comes available to me and i was wondering if my car will run like crap if i run the system straight through catless? I'm eventually getting it tuned but wont be for a few months but i am itching to get the stock exhaust off (to quite). Any feed back is appreciated thanks.
Old May 21, 2012, 11:47 PM

I had top speed on the SC300 I just sold. I was one of the nicest sounding exhaust but don't know how it will sound on turbo car.
Old May 21, 2012, 11:49 PM

I would keep the cat on until you are ready to tune the car.
Old Jun 8, 2012, 02:02 PM

I installed the top speed pro 1 catback + test pipe (doesn't come with downpipe so it's not a turbo back) but I wanted to only install the catback, only problem is that the catback doesn't match up to the factory cat converter. The flange on the cat is too small for the exhaust. I even tried modifying the heat shield on the cat but still no good. I have a 2011 gsr and I've got an Akuma intake, top speed pro 1 catback + test pipe and a Cobb AP. I'm on the stage 2 ots map that my tuner adjusted so I don't detonate . Ive been running this setup for about a month now but I'm getting tuned in two weeks. Oh btw, this exhaust is very loud and has a deep rumble. I love the way it sounds and get tons of compliments, then I tell them how cheap it was and the look on their faces is priceless

Last edited by I NEED BOOST; Jun 8, 2012 at 03:17 PM.
Old Jun 8, 2012, 02:05 PM

Oh yeah almost forgot, idk if it's every unit but my right exhaust tip is angled higher than the left. Not too noticable but for the price, I don't mind a little modification lol