Notices
Evo X How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in the Request sub-forum.

Evo X quad projector retrofit questions

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2014, 07:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evo X quad projector retrofit questions

Hi Community,

I came across the thread where a member (Steve ievovii) was retrofitting quad projectors. Two of the projectors are just for show. Anyways I want to do the same to my car but I have some questions that weren't covered in his thread and I haven't been able to get a hold of him to ask him directly. My evo is non sss so I was going to buy the DEPO replacements with the single projectors and DRL. Then get an HID conversion kit with two more projectors. Steve used 2.5" and 3" bmw e46 shrouds to fit the projectors, but I'm having the hardest time finding 2.5" and 3" shrouds, there's aftermarket ones that say they will fit both but also read that they're too large for the 2.5" projectors. Anyone have any experience with this? Will they fit or should I keep looking?

Also what projectors should I get? He suggested FX-R ones, and I heard about the EVO-R projectors. Which ones are better?

How hard is it now to convert from regular to HID lights? Are most harnesses now made to eliminate the flickering issue? So just a plug and play or will I have to majorly tinker with wiring and have an error read out on the dash?

The new projectors would be Bi-Xenon and fill the role of main lights Hi/Lo whereas the second projectors are just for show with a red shield cover and LED lights lighting them up. Just so I understand the wiring set up - The Bi-Xenons are replacing the regular lights and would be on the same circuit as the old ones? No extra switches needed? And for the LEDs to light up the shield cover and halo rings would be spliced to the DRL wiring? So when I have my DRL on the halos and LEDs would be on but when I turn the actual lights on the LEDs and halos turn off. Please let me know if I am missing something here, I've done jimmy rigging jobs before on dirt bikes and sleds but not a brand new car that I would like to keep in good shape and not have a mess of wiring under the hood or random switches in the glove box for my lights.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I realize that red lights are illegal in Canada but I'll be driving around with my lows on all the time so the red and halos are really just for show and pride of having done it myself.

Thanks in advance!
Old Apr 13, 2014, 11:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone? Please don't make be beg