Notices
Evo X How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in the Request sub-forum.

help with restrictor pills

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2014, 02:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
help with restrictor pills

so I just bought my 08 gsr.. ran pretty good but I hooked up my boost gauge and wideband to find its only running 15-16lbs of boost.. then I found the kid who owned it on facebook and saw his video of it being tuned.. so I know it has been.tried to talk to him but he wouldn't write me back. I think maybe he had a cobb on it and removed the restrictor pill and maybe unmarried it.. I dunno this is all a guess.. but..don't have the pill's obviously cant do that.. what should I do is it still tuned? is it not.. I dunno
Old Jul 21, 2014, 03:23 PM
ikt
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by teampruven
so I just bought my 08 gsr.. ran pretty good but I hooked up my boost gauge and wideband to find its only running 15-16lbs of boost.. then I found the kid who owned it on facebook and saw his video of it being tuned.. so I know it has been.tried to talk to him but he wouldn't write me back. I think maybe he had a cobb on it and removed the restrictor pill and maybe unmarried it.. I dunno this is all a guess.. but..don't have the pill's obviously cant do that.. what should I do is it still tuned? is it not.. I dunno
best bet if to just put a Cobb AP on it.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 02:01 PM

didn't want to pay for a cobb.. paid less for the open source tune. I really don't care to have multiple maps
Old Jul 29, 2014, 02:02 PM

problem was fixed with the tune by the way.. it was the missing pills that was causing the low boost