Notices
Evo X How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in the Request sub-forum.

AUX into 2014 EVO SSS non-navi

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2015, 08:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AUX into 2014 EVO SSS non-navi

So I have searched all over the forum and google and nothing seems to pin point the exact situation I am in, Its always the "evo with the factory, non screen stereo" or the "SSS with the navi". But my exact question is for a 2014 EVO SSS(non-navi). It does not show any visible RCA red and white inputs like in the previous years. But does anyone have any knowledge if the Non-navi touch screen(SSS) has RCA capabilities or would it require me to wire splice and connect the AUX cable wires in the back? Just figured someone might have some input before I dive into this. I bought the 3.5mm to RCA at radio shack just to be prepared. Any help would be great. Thanks!
Old Dec 31, 2015, 09:05 PM

So my buddy got me the part from mitsubishiparts.net #MZ360136EX which is an aux 3 way loop with a ground isolator that has a red, white, black wiring for the harness. But in the manual the wires plugged into the harness differs as it requires the 6,15,14 harness slots available. Heres the thing, my 6 and 15 slots are available for the white and black for audio. The 14 slot is for the ground loop isolator but is currently occupied by a tiffany green wire and I cannot find what that 14 wire does. Any help would be gladly appreciated.
Old Jan 1, 2016, 02:21 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
im not 100% sure how to get an RCA option for the 14, I was looking for them as well. there are a couple options you have. 1 is Bluetooth is the music is on your phone. there is also a usb plug in the glove box which you can control the music via the headunit.

hope that will help
Old Jan 16, 2016, 07:18 PM

Alright, I did this today, worked perfectly.
I went to Frys to buy a aux cable, spliced it open to reveal 3 wires. Black will always be ground, a Red and White wire. To connect this to the rca connector I used male d sub crimps, again from Frys, you'll be able to fine it on amazon too.
Amazon.com: Pc Accessories- D-Sub Male Standard Crimp Pins, 100/Bag Gold Plated: Electronics Amazon.com: Pc Accessories- D-Sub Male Standard Crimp Pins, 100/Bag Gold Plated: Electronics
In order to fit it in the connector, you have to flatten them. Just use any plier.

I found my rca black connector just clipped in the back of the HVAC. Its connected to nothing. You'll be able to see if when you open up the dash. Really easy to find, let me know if you need more pictures to show you where it is.

Popped the cover open, and fished the connector through.
now the wiring..black to black
wire the white to the blue and the red to the pink.
if you have the time, i recommend heat sinking the wire. i didn't cause i figured that the cover will keep the aux cable from moving too much.

also make sure you have aux activated on your touchscreen display.
Old Feb 13, 2016, 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by hloc5
Alright, I did this today, worked perfectly.
I went to Frys to buy a aux cable, spliced it open to reveal 3 wires. Black will always be ground, a Red and White wire. To connect this to the rca connector I used male d sub crimps, again from Frys, you'll be able to fine it on amazon too.
Amazon.com: Pc Accessories- D-Sub Male Standard Crimp Pins, 100/Bag Gold Plated: Electronics
In order to fit it in the connector, you have to flatten them. Just use any plier.

I found my rca black connector just clipped in the back of the HVAC. Its connected to nothing. You'll be able to see if when you open up the dash. Really easy to find, let me know if you need more pictures to show you where it is.

Popped the cover open, and fished the connector through.
now the wiring..black to black
wire the white to the blue and the red to the pink.
if you have the time, i recommend heat sinking the wire. i didn't cause i figured that the cover will keep the aux cable from moving too much.

also make sure you have aux activated on your touchscreen display.
DUDE! Thanks!!!! I have researched many things online but you may have solved that. Havent had the time to do this as my schedule hasnt been so time friendly. But quick question, that 3rd image, is that where you are trying to show the connector?
Old Feb 13, 2016, 08:46 PM

Yea. I tried hard to get a good picture. But I guarantee you, you cannot miss it. Take out the head unit stick your head in and look down. Let me know if you still can't find it. I think the harness might be missing from '10 on.