Notices
Evo X Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Official Interior & Dash Picture Thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2008, 05:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
interior

here are a few interior mods,defi blue racer; egt,boost,water temp,oil press and oil temp.head unit is an older eclipse 5 volt output.i didnt get pics of my custom fiberglass 12" sub enclosure or amps,i was just taking pics of the gauges.the gauge pods are from autometer. they fit well but the grain pattern is a little off and the platic is a bit shiny.i would suggest them to others.the reason that i didnt do the typical a pillar pod is from behind you can see it really well and it kind of calls a bit to mutch attention from the police.plus i think it looks cleaner.
Attached Thumbnails Official Interior & Dash Picture Thread-gauges-angle-view.jpg   Official Interior & Dash Picture Thread-gauges-dim-lights-2.jpg   Official Interior & Dash Picture Thread-gauges-off.jpg   Official Interior & Dash Picture Thread-gauges-daytime-lights-off.jpg   Official Interior & Dash Picture Thread-avatar.jpg  

Old Nov 19, 2008, 03:19 PM

lots of nice interiors here! just some pics of my interior...

custom radio panel for clarion drz9255:
Name:  DSC02536.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  106.2 KB

custom tweeter pods for the hertz mille tweeters:
Name:  DSC02526.jpg
Size:  131.9 KB
Name:  DSC02529.jpg
Size:  126.4 KB

custom upfront sub enclosure for focal polyglass sub:
Name:  DSC02532.jpg
Size:  105.3 KB
Old Nov 19, 2008, 04:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by rbk125
New Seats! (sorry for blurry pics)

I like that a lot. Where did you get that?
Old Nov 19, 2008, 06:26 PM
Evolved Member

Nice HU any night shots? and the last pic...do you have a sub in your pass seat????

Originally Posted by stretch15
lots of nice interiors here! just some pics of my interior...

custom radio panel for clarion drz9255:

custom tweeter pods for the hertz mille tweeters:

custom upfront sub enclosure for focal polyglass sub:
Old Nov 19, 2008, 08:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Kreeker
I like that a lot. Where did you get that?
Mitsubishi.
Old Nov 20, 2008, 09:48 AM

inco9nito99 - thanks! You want night shots of the HU? And yes, it's an 8" focal sub in an sealed enclosure just under the glove box. Gives me the upfront bass I want for better sound quality.
Old Nov 20, 2008, 06:03 PM

up front sub

guess that kind of kills the pasenger legroom (unless your girlfriends a double amputee).i installed car electronics for many years and even most noobie noobs know bass is non directional in its frequency characteristics.

Last edited by evoguy69; Nov 20, 2008 at 06:05 PM.
Old Nov 20, 2008, 06:25 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by stretch15
inco9nito99 - thanks! You want night shots of the HU? And yes, it's an 8" focal sub in an sealed enclosure just under the glove box. Gives me the upfront bass I want for better sound quality.
nightshots of the HU please, (hopefully it's amber) if so, what model Clarion is that? It'll be on my X-mas list :P.
Old Nov 20, 2008, 07:34 PM

drz9255

several on ebay.1 is a 780.00 buy it now.cant really see audiophile quality equipment like this in an evo (ever hear the old addage" useless ,like **** on a warthog"). i have 3 amps a decent 5 volt out pre amp only head unit and a rediculous trunk mounted 12" sub in a custom made fiberglass enclosure.that being said i still usually ride around with the window down and radio off listening to the cocauphany that is my car/engine blazing down the road.our cars are just incredibly loud.no place to try to experience the subtle "nuances" this deck is capable of.all of these ramblings are ,of course ,my humble opinion.
Old Nov 20, 2008, 07:46 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evoguy69
here are a few interior mods,defi blue racer; egt,boost,water temp,oil press and oil temp.head unit is an older eclipse 5 volt output.i didnt get pics of my custom fiberglass 12" sub enclosure or amps,i was just taking pics of the gauges.the gauge pods are from autometer. they fit well but the grain pattern is a little off and the platic is a bit shiny.i would suggest them to others.the reason that i didnt do the typical a pillar pod is from behind you can see it really well and it kind of calls a bit to mutch attention from the police.plus i think it looks cleaner.
You really should relocate your gauges with radio, it's almost pointless to have them down there, especially if you do road racing it becomes even more important b/c you don't want to look down to monitor engine condition.
Old Nov 20, 2008, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by evoguy69
guess that kind of kills the pasenger legroom (unless your girlfriends a double amputee).i installed car electronics for many years and even most noobie noobs know bass is non directional in its frequency characteristics.

If I may ask, have you had the chance to audition an sq system wherein all the instruments are properly imaged in the front soundstage just like in a studio or live performance, including sub bass and midbass? True, it is non-directional but it can also be localized, especially in a vehicle. That's where in-car audio systems often suffer in terms of sound quality. but of course, non-audiophiles won't even care as long as their systems play loud and clear. And as with all things, car audio is about compromises and with my objective for sound quality, the passenger legroom is one that I can compromise.
Old Nov 20, 2008, 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by inco9nito99
nightshots of the HU please, (hopefully it's amber) if so, what model Clarion is that? It'll be on my X-mas list :P.
It's not amber...it's what you see in the picture, white. It will blend with your white backlit climate control and digital clock, though. As noted above, it's a clarion drz9255 (also known as hxd2).
Old Nov 20, 2008, 10:53 PM

why would u put a sub in your front seat!
Old Nov 20, 2008, 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by ivtechallday626
why would u put a sub in your front seat!
see post 732 sir. why? why not.
Old Nov 21, 2008, 03:53 PM

sound quality

as i matter of fact i have had the opportunity to listen to several award winning audio systems (car audio) and numerous high end home theater set ups.as i mentioned i installed at a high end store for several years.the car audio was back in the day when waveguides ruled,still the largest drivers installed in the front were generally 6.5 " there was an occasional 8" but that was quite rare (i am of course talking about speakers being installed in kick panels,floors and front doors.the point i was trying to make is the evo is one of the least opportune vehicles to try to install a system for sound quality by the very nature of the car.

Quick Reply: Official Interior & Dash Picture Thread