Notices
Evo X Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Official Interior & Dash Picture Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2011, 05:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rbk125
That's an ARC shift knob. Here's a better pic...
Are the gears on a RHD the same as LHD? There opposite right? So 1st gear would be Top right in stead of top left?
Old Jan 15, 2011, 05:47 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by bfresh
Are the gears on a RHD the same as LHD? There opposite right? So 1st gear would be Top right in stead of top left?
no they are the same as a lhd
Old Jan 18, 2011, 04:25 PM

where do you guys get cigerette lighters that light up?
Old Jan 18, 2011, 08:52 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DraheimEvo8
where do you guys get cigerette lighters that light up?

There's a size/socket #74 bulb in the shifter console that lights up the ring around the cigarette lighter. It's OEM. (If you're like me...it was blown when you bought the car so you didn't know until later )
Old Jan 30, 2011, 08:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by rbk125
That's an ARC shift knob. Here's a better pic...
This interior pic is beautiful
Old Jan 31, 2011, 08:39 AM

oh so cleannnn
Old Jan 31, 2011, 08:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
A few people in this thread have the Autometer 3 guage pillar pod. Mine has already warped from the sun and the fit is less then satisfactory. Any one else having these issues?
Old Feb 18, 2011, 06:07 AM
Evolved Member

Crazy idea:

Since I made this thread I hope you guys will be kind enough not to rip me to shreds based on my paint skills, but I was wondering if some guys familiar with fabrication and electronics could enlighten me on an idea I have.

Basically, I want to know if it would be possible to custom fabricate an upper dash piece that features two openings. The first would be a deeper opening right in the middle, where you could sit your ipod/iphone horizontally, and keep it charged as well. On top of that would be a much larger, shallower opening, where you could do the same for an iPad.

Essentially you could use/control your car's nav, music, etc. with either, or you could place your iphone in first to have it charging, and cover it with the ipad that you would use to control the stereo/nav.

It would look something like this:

Name:  Evoidea.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  16.8 KB

So my questions are:

1. Would this fit given the ipad's dimensions are "Height: 9.56 inches (242.8 mm)
Width:7.47 inches (189.7 mm)"

2. Would you be able to control your stereo with these devices, and how would the sound quality be?

3. Would the charging feature work?

I'm not really too sure about other problems people would run into, but if this is feasible I may very well do it with my next Evo.

I love the idea of being able to remove my nav completely out of my car, and it could be really unique too!

Thanks in advance...

Aaron
Old Feb 18, 2011, 06:38 PM

Does anyone know if the center console from an MR (the console part where the shift knob, cigarette lighter, and the coin box are) fit a GSR? I've been thinking of changing mine due to liking the bigger shift boot look.
Old Feb 23, 2011, 09:20 PM

Eggy,

That is a rather unique idea, I've seen something similar but not quite the same one one of Steve Meads builds. (big car audio guy) He stowed an Apple cube in the console and ran a large touchscreen in the dash for music and whatever else he needed. I personally think you idea is much simpler because you wouldn't have to do as much glassing and fitting. However what I was thinking while reading it was:

1, how would you hold/strap the Ipad and Iphone in to your turbocharged car. I know in my Evo I stow the Ipod in the coin tray and it comes flying out at times. Some sort of strap system? That might be ugly.

And 2, The simplest way to control the stereo would to have a head unit that is Ipod compatible and hide the HU somewhere out of the way but usable(glove box). Then have it setup to have the Ipod control the audio. I have it setup the other way around, to have the HU control the Ipod.

It would be a lot of work. But extremely unique. A loootttt of wiring is involved.
Old Feb 23, 2011, 10:53 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Hearts_Fitment
Eggy,

That is a rather unique idea, I've seen something similar but not quite the same one one of Steve Meads builds. (big car audio guy) He stowed an Apple cube in the console and ran a large touchscreen in the dash for music and whatever else he needed. I personally think you idea is much simpler because you wouldn't have to do as much glassing and fitting. However what I was thinking while reading it was:

1, how would you hold/strap the Ipad and Iphone in to your turbocharged car. I know in my Evo I stow the Ipod in the coin tray and it comes flying out at times. Some sort of strap system? That might be ugly.

And 2, The simplest way to control the stereo would to have a head unit that is Ipod compatible and hide the HU somewhere out of the way but usable(glove box). Then have it setup to have the Ipod control the audio. I have it setup the other way around, to have the HU control the Ipod.

It would be a lot of work. But extremely unique. A loootttt of wiring is involved.
Something like this perhaps?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlqaFANOC3Y

or maybe this one, for those who converted to the double din:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Sklt...eature=related

Last edited by EricLee7481; Feb 23, 2011 at 11:01 PM.
Old Feb 24, 2011, 12:42 PM

Eric, Great find. I personally like the pivot ball system there because of the versatility. Passenger access and such. Only thing I see being a hardware issue is those clips that clip on the corners of the Ipad waring out. And the lack of EQ for the car audio nuts.

All that said though, its a really really cool idea. That STi is rather nice too.
Old Feb 24, 2011, 01:22 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Hearts_Fitment
Eric, Great find. I personally like the pivot ball system there because of the versatility. Passenger access and such. Only thing I see being a hardware issue is those clips that clip on the corners of the Ipad waring out. And the lack of EQ for the car audio nuts.

All that said though, its a really really cool idea. That STi is rather nice too.
I think if someone can develop an interface, where it can display vehicle diagnostics, including say maybe A/F ratio, boost, and various other key informations on the car, and output the display to the iPad, that would be awesome! Something like what the GT-R has currently.

Eric
Old Feb 24, 2011, 10:06 PM

I like the idea of being able to use an ipad but the pivit on seems a bit too bulky for me and the other one seems like it would be hard to see when the sun was on it
Old Feb 24, 2011, 11:04 PM

There was an app I saw that was similar. It didn't have everything mentioned but I think at least boost, rpm, and probably something like AFR. Nothing as comprehensive as the GTR of course. But it was something. I cant remember where I saw it.

Quick Reply: Official Interior & Dash Picture Thread