Notices
Evo X Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

New Pick-up: Gruppe M Carbon Intake System [JDM]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2008, 12:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
looks hot, dyno should settle the issue.

good luck
Old Jul 7, 2008, 12:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 08EvoXGSR
looks good, but for $300 I can get an open filter, and the buschar fix, and and have $1500 to spend on something that will get me more then 25hp to the wheels....looks good, but I like my CF on the outside, imo.
Good luck on the dyno!
One thing you left out. You're car won't look nearly as nice as this guy who bought this part. I'm sorry, but the Buschur fix just looks waaay ghetto for my taste. I won't speculate on power output differences, but I'm sure this intake will show nice gains throughout the powerband. I didn't spend $35,000 on a car to put generic parts on it. I'm sure this guy felt the same way when he bought the gruppe-m intake.
Old Jul 7, 2008, 01:42 PM
Account Disabled

^ yep. exactly... i'm addicted to fine jdm goods lol. and don't worry, there will be some carbon on the outside of the car as well
Old Jul 7, 2008, 01:54 PM
Evolved Member

well 1,800 for an air intake is way too much...but yes it looks nice and unique for sure

Now, are u getting more mods?
are they also going to be that extreme? $$

cause I dont see the point of spending this amount on a filter, and then buying "regular" aftermarket parts for the rest of the car.
are u going all out (bling) with the mods?
Old Jul 7, 2008, 02:16 PM
Evolving Member

that looks interesting.
Old Jul 7, 2008, 05:39 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by AWDTurbo4
well 1,800 for an air intake is way too much...but yes it looks nice and unique for sure

Now, are u getting more mods?
are they also going to be that extreme? $$

cause I dont see the point of spending this amount on a filter, and then buying "regular" aftermarket parts for the rest of the car.
are u going all out (bling) with the mods?
yep. waiting on an amuse exhaust to be made...
Old Jul 7, 2008, 06:08 PM

That looks very nice!!!!!

$1800 is a bit steep though, I thought this intake was $1300?
Old Jul 7, 2008, 07:04 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by RODSMS3
That looks very nice!!!!!

$1800 is a bit steep though, I thought this intake was $1300?
i saw 'after' i ordered that gruppe m's direct website sells for a little bit cheaper, so that sucked. the price includes air express from japan so it's cheaper than $1800 realistically

http://www.bulletproofautomotive.com...il.php?ID=6658
Old Jul 7, 2008, 07:54 PM
Evolved Member

Looks really great, as for the price oh well. It's JDM!
Old Jul 7, 2008, 08:05 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by tomatoEVO
i saw 'after' i ordered that gruppe m's direct website sells for a little bit cheaper, so that sucked. the price includes air express from japan so it's cheaper than $1800 realistically

http://www.bulletproofautomotive.com...il.php?ID=6658
That is just pure sex.
Old Jul 7, 2008, 09:37 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by tomatoEVO
we'll see we'll see. soon enough. gruppe m has enough of an awesome rep in japan that i'd believe them over a random poster on a message board. no offense. they advertise their viii/ix intake at a gain of around 8-9 hp, so it's not like they're pumping up huge numbers. but again, dyno soon enough
How do you know what kind of 'rep' they have in Japan?

You sound like some JDM bandwagon junkie with absolutely no tuning experience whatsoever.

I cant tell you how many guys ive seen buy $1500 parts in my day only to realize later they could have gotten the same gains for $80 bucks.

And you arent driving a Ferrari, so a bunch of carbon on your car isnt going to impress anyone. Youd do better spending all this extra dough on track days.
Old Jul 7, 2008, 10:15 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Rguy

You sound like some JDM bandwagon junkie with absolutely no tuning experience whatsoever.

I cant tell you how many guys ive seen buy $1500 parts in my day only to realize later they could have gotten the same gains for $80 bucks.

And you arent driving a Ferrari, so a bunch of carbon on your car isnt going to impress anyone. Youd do better spending all this extra dough on track days.
he's not asking you how to use his money. unlike most of us, maybe money's not a concern for him at all, who wouldn't mind spending more for an aesthetic piece over performance capability. what doesn't impress you doesn't mean it won't impress others, so your assumptions are moot.

i couldn't justify spending that much for just an intake, but it's definitely a fine mod =)
Old Jul 8, 2008, 10:35 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Rguy

jdm bandwagon? comical. you don't know anything about me or my financial situation, pipe down. as others have said, it's not all about gains or money. maybe i know a thing or two about japanese? don't come at me with that crap
Old Jul 8, 2008, 10:41 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Thegame
One thing you left out. You're car won't look nearly as nice as this guy who bought this part. I'm sorry, but the Buschur fix just looks waaay ghetto for my taste. I won't speculate on power output differences, but I'm sure this intake will show nice gains throughout the powerband. I didn't spend $35,000 on a car to put generic parts on it. I'm sure this guy felt the same way when he bought the gruppe-m intake.

yeah....I'm not sure I want whats under my hood to look all that good. I still drive mine with the hood closed, and I'm not into that whole....look at what I have under the hood!
I figure if your fast, prove it, if you want it to look good, wash it.
Old Jul 8, 2008, 10:44 AM
Account Disabled

^
that's all good. this is a thread about MY pick-up, for MY car. make your own thread for your own mods. "I'm not sure I want whats under my hood to look all that good." lol, right...

Quick Reply: New Pick-up: Gruppe M Carbon Intake System [JDM]