Notices
Evo X Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

WW X MR with GSR Vents

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2008, 05:08 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by xXEvilMRxX
LOL Im trying to do the opposite. do you know where I can get the front of the MR with the chrome part etc.....
Only thing I could recommend is talk to your dealership. They have to be able to order it incase someone ever had to replace theirs. They will try to charge u a ton for it, but just remember you could talk them down a lot in price.
Old Aug 19, 2008, 05:14 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ODUB
lol you don't have the resources available? what resources? all you need is some sandpaper, a can of krylon, and about 20 minutes.

but anyway, back on topic, the black does look a lot better than the color matched stuff. nice car.
This was cleaner, easier, and more immediate.

I'm sure the fenders would have been pretty difficult to spray paint and put back on since there is some epoxy that holds them on, and theres also a little gasket that goes around the edge.
Old Aug 19, 2008, 05:33 AM
Evolving Member

I don't know what it is, to me the MR just looks more tame than the GSR. I feel like my GG GSR looks like it should be the higher end model. I think it's the vents, I hate how they're colored to the car. I think your taking right route by changing them to black.
Old Aug 19, 2008, 07:09 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by JmurphSTI
I don't know what it is, to me the MR just looks more tame than the GSR. I feel like my GG GSR looks like it should be the higher end model. I think it's the vents, I hate how they're colored to the car. I think your taking right route by changing them to black.
I think your right. I think the BBSs are a lil more aggressive looking tho . I cant wait to get the fender vents on. Then I have to do something about this ridiculous remote control car antenna. I like the Agency Power one but I dont like that it has a gap. I'm thinking about just cutting my stock one or ordering the JDM one....
Old Aug 19, 2008, 07:10 AM
Evolving Member

hey.. i have an WW with the exterior upgrades as well but its JDM spec. I too like the black bonnet grills. Does anyone know where this can be sourced online? I live outside the US.
Old Aug 19, 2008, 07:12 AM
Evolved Member

Looks great man!! Like I said in the NE section thread, just change the fender vents to black and you'll be all set

BTW- you should make it to the meet tomorrow night. Would love to see this car in person
Old Aug 19, 2008, 07:15 AM
Evolved Member

looks good mang, hopefully you can make the meet tomorrow night!
Old Aug 19, 2008, 07:16 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by IMR-TIM
Looks great man!! Like I said in the NE section thread, just change the fender vents to black and you'll be all set

BTW- you should make it to the meet tomorrow night. Would love to see this car in person
They will be on soon, labor day cant come soon enough...

I will definitely be there.

Or maybe you guys can help me put them on at the meet.... haha

I gotta take the front wheels and inner fender wells off just to get to them.

Last edited by KGHtheII; Aug 19, 2008 at 07:19 AM.
Old Aug 19, 2008, 07:18 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Messidona
hey.. i have an WW with the exterior upgrades as well but its JDM spec. I too like the black bonnet grills. Does anyone know where this can be sourced online? I live outside the US.
By sourced do you mean where can you get them? I got mine through a local dealership. Maybe you could try calling Mitsu and see if they could ship u the parts directly: 1-888-MITSU2008 ? Other than that, I couldnt find any OEM parts for the X online. You could go the carbon fiber route...
Old Aug 19, 2008, 07:25 AM
Evolving Member

hmmm... yeah i live abroad as in the Caribbean.. i agree with you.. i went with the white bc of the black/white contrast on the bonnet.. i would not change fender grills.. but that is just me.. oh well.. i may have to take them out and paint them... but like you i prefer the OEM as i aint too good with the painting stuff etc...
Old Aug 19, 2008, 07:50 AM
Evolving Member

Looks good. I'd do the same thing for the side vents also. Don't like the color matched sides.
Old Aug 19, 2008, 08:19 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by KGHtheII
Only thing I could recommend is talk to your dealership. They have to be able to order it incase someone ever had to replace theirs. They will try to charge u a ton for it, but just remember you could talk them down a lot in price.
ive looked into that before..and talk to mitsu about it..you can order it..its on the part list as a seperate part..

but i think finding chrome paint and painting around it would look just as nice..also ordering the silverish middle part of the bumper...i dont want to get it to look like an MR..its just that black car with the black bumper makes the front look dull to me.
Old Aug 19, 2008, 09:11 AM
Evolving Member

do you mind if I ask how much they set you back?
Old Aug 19, 2008, 10:09 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by starmax
do you mind if I ask how much they set you back?
around $320 .. they wanted to charge me a lot more but gave it to me for cost since i just bought an Evo from them
Old Aug 19, 2008, 10:16 AM

looks much better!

Quick Reply: WW X MR with GSR Vents