Notices
Evo X Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Carbon Fibre laminated Evo X interior

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2008, 02:32 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Carbon Fibre laminated Evo X interior

Got my interior CF laminated by Robson's Design the past week and it totally transformed how the car felt inside. No more cheap plastic feel!!

Robson's are able to CF laminate ANYTHING. You even get to choose the color of CF that's applied. They're based only in Japan and Singapore but do overseas orders too. Parts lamination downtime is about 8 days during which the parts must be removed from your car for lamination.

Check them out at:

http://www.robson-design.com/

Total damage was SGD $1700 for a 9 piece interior set (front panel garnishes x 2, driver side panel + arm rest, passenger side panel + arm rest, rear passenger arm rest x 2 and shift bay.

Steering wheel panel is SGD $400.

Custom CF number plate holder + frame cost me SGD $300.

Driver's side view

Passenger side view

Absolutely delicious!

Rear passenger arm rest

Driver's side (right)

Passenger side (left)

CF laminated shift bay + custom leather shift boot

Custom CF laminated number plate holder + Custom CF laminated Mitsubishi plate frame
Old Aug 30, 2008, 02:58 PM
Evolved Member

im lazy what does $1900SGD equate to USD? lol looks good, i wouldnt mind cf dash panels and the doors and handles.
Old Aug 30, 2008, 03:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I think its over done.....thats just me...+1 for originality? ! ?
Old Aug 30, 2008, 03:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
^kinda feel the same, especially the steering wheel. i would just do the dash and door trims but not the door pulls.
Old Aug 30, 2008, 03:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by JoeyM3
im lazy what does $1900SGD equate to USD? lol looks good, i wouldnt mind cf dash panels and the doors and handles.
$1,341.43 USD
Old Aug 30, 2008, 03:14 PM
Evolving Member

thats a lot of money for something that looks like that. not hatin!
Old Aug 30, 2008, 03:17 PM
Evolved Member

sick
Old Aug 30, 2008, 07:27 PM
Account Disabled

looks awesome
Old Aug 30, 2008, 07:31 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I actually like the steering wheel.. you almost have to do eveything he did because if not the mix and match of Fake carbon look that comes factory might not look good.. Its alot going on in there but looks ok to me..
Old Aug 30, 2008, 08:38 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 4G63
$1,341.43 USD
OUCCCCHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....... I'm a huge CF fan, but that's a lot for lamination. I would wait to see what Rexpeed will produce for us. I know he's working on things like CF Fuel doors and other simple things for the X that's not going to cost any where near the amount you paid. But like Mike said, you do have to match all the CF interior pieces together or else it wont look right. You can really tell the difference with the CF part being a lot darker then the grayish mistu part. Looks good in some ways, but then again it looks like there's too much CF. None the less if the owner is happy great, but I necessarily wouldn't pay that much to have it done to my car.

I am happy though that the OP shared this with us because if there's something that I HAVE TO get laminated in CF, I know where to go... The laminated pieces look absolutely impeccable!
Old Aug 30, 2008, 08:48 PM
Evolved Member

I just looked at the site.... Is there prices to anything, or do you send them your stuff and then you get the bill? I wish there was more info on the website, but they do have some pretty good work done!
Old Aug 30, 2008, 09:57 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by LilRico
I just looked at the site.... Is there prices to anything, or do you send them your stuff and then you get the bill? I wish there was more info on the website, but they do have some pretty good work done!
Try emailing them about what you wanna laminate. You should get a quotation for the parts BEFORE sending them your stuff. Agree to the price, send parts over, parts get laminated, you pay $$$ and parts get sent back and that's about all there is to it.

Only extra i forsee would be that you guys in the states probably have to bear the shipping costs of the parts to and from Singapore. And of course the removal and re-installation of the parts personally.
Old Aug 30, 2008, 10:05 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by LilRico
OUCCCCHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....... I'm a huge CF fan, but that's a lot for lamination. I would wait to see what Rexpeed will produce for us. I know he's working on things like CF Fuel doors and other simple things for the X that's not going to cost any where near the amount you paid. But like Mike said, you do have to match all the CF interior pieces together or else it wont look right. You can really tell the difference with the CF part being a lot darker then the grayish mistu part. Looks good in some ways, but then again it looks like there's too much CF. None the less if the owner is happy great, but I necessarily wouldn't pay that much to have it done to my car.

I am happy though that the OP shared this with us because if there's something that I HAVE TO get laminated in CF, I know where to go... The laminated pieces look absolutely impeccable!
Believe me bro i know how mismatched CF parts look.. way funny! just like my Ralliart front Garnish and Ralliart Front lower spoiler... One's a CF imprint and the other, real CF.

And that probably was a contributing factor in deciding to go the Robson's lamination route. I hated the cheap plastic interior of the car and admittingly, it's STILL there in the form of the front dashboard but I'm really happy with how the overall interior feel has been buffed up.

Pictures actually don't do the parts justice as shiny is all they appear to be on pictures. Up close, you can tell that the carbon weaves were imprinted onto your stock parts precisely. So properly that no distortion can be seen on the CF even at curvy or uneven areas. And they only do it on areas that show, so as to retain stock compatibility and avoid re-fitment issues.
Old Aug 30, 2008, 10:10 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jd888jd
I think its over done.....thats just me...+1 for originality? ! ?
As a fellow X owner, I would say that the interior is anything but overdone. It is in fact, 'just nice' as the amount of stock plastic (dashboard, speedo cover, door seal area) remaining actually compliments the CF laminated parts in retaining a stock but poshed up look.
Old Aug 30, 2008, 10:22 PM
Evolved Member

way tooo much CF mannn

Quick Reply: Carbon Fibre laminated Evo X interior