Notices
Evo X Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Light-Tuned EVO X in China

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2009, 03:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Steve,

Awesome looking ride man... I'm in Shanghai driving a white evo 9. Don't the police stop you for the mods? I get stopped and harassed all the time and my spoiler is factory...

if you're looking for a tune, there's Motec and EcuTek dealers out in Tianma. I have motec installed on my car. I am assuming you go to SRT to get your car modded? I think they are the authorized dealer for JUN and HKS.
Old May 4, 2009, 10:58 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by JCPT
hey nice ride!! where i can buy that side mount plate kit????
I got it from HK, not easy to locate though.
Old May 4, 2009, 11:03 PM
Evolving Member

light tunned??????????????lolololol sick car bro
Old May 4, 2009, 11:08 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ruffino28
nice car nice mod
wow heard ppls said that might need 100+ years in order to make that much money to buy that car in china
how old r u
Haha, I am not young after all and I am actually coming from HK. On the road here in mainland China there are so many good cars worth several times than mine quite easily. The average income here is low but there are still bunch of extremly rich people here, willing to pay for close to USD250K for a X5 or Q7 here, just amazing.

The sad thing is people here just don't know cars. In the Shanghai auto show last week you can see people crowding into areas with Ferrari, double B, Lexus, etc. but it was complete clear space surrounding a GTR-R35.
Old May 4, 2009, 11:17 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by stevolee
Nice car. So when are you starting your stage 2 upgrades?? J/W =D
Already done but no time to put on the details.

Basically completed some minor cooling upgrades like thermostat, Samco pipes, Billion anti-freeze, etc., lower the suspension and GT wing after run-in, and most critical one is having tuned the car with EVC to push the boost to 1.0 bar (Mode A) and 1.3 bar (Mode B) already. The sad thing is I cannot run any dyno testing here due to lack of facilities. But overall my tuner referenced to HK experience with particular adjustments to fit the poor gasoline quality here in China and the result so far has been quite impressive and stable.
Old May 4, 2009, 11:20 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by eccccc
LHD? where you got that evo from? not japan?
That should the 09 version export outside Japan, including those on sale in the State, I guess.
Old May 4, 2009, 11:36 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by fuzy24
Just awesome. Thanks for posting so many pics, really captures every angle. I'm def gonna straight copy your front end on mine, only thing i would change is the wheels...slightly more aggressive.
I would consider upgrading to more aggressive setting next year, particularly interested in the new Advan RS-D, together with F6R4 Brembo kits.
Old May 4, 2009, 11:39 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evolutionninemr
f that wing, too wide. the rest of your mods are great, but that wing is a sight for sore eyes.
Haha, the wing really looks "astonishing" from the rear angle. But from the side angle looking backwards, it looks just perfect!!
Old May 4, 2009, 11:41 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by FknWitdee
Get rid of that wing.
I won't as that is exactly amongst the best part of it, both visually and functionally.
Old May 4, 2009, 11:57 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by tianma_evo
Hey Steve,

Awesome looking ride man... I'm in Shanghai driving a white evo 9. Don't the police stop you for the mods? I get stopped and harassed all the time and my spoiler is factory...

if you're looking for a tune, there's Motec and EcuTek dealers out in Tianma. I have motec installed on my car. I am assuming you go to SRT to get your car modded? I think they are the authorized dealer for JUN and HKS.
The polices of course would not easily let me go in first couple of weeks but since my car license has been properly registered through relationship with the photo on the license officially updated to show the mods so they would just let me go. Since I only drive this monster to certain fixed spots (as you know the road condition here esp the car parks' killing design for low-setting cars like mine so I really not dare to drive this baby to places or car parks that I am not familiar) so after couple of weeks those polices already recognized my car without even asking me to stop.

Having said that I know I still have records in particular districts here known as "seriously moded vehicles in Shanghai", or in other words, under close monitor by the polices.

I am not going to SRT but a tuner that I known for years. He is working close to HKS, JUN and Top Racing (in HK) and so far I am fine to stick with him. He may not be as professional and resourceful than those you mentioned but our chemistry works well, esp the moding style. I have heard of MOTEC as well but I want to equip my toy with all the hardware first before going for soft and for the latter I am waiting for Top Racing to tune their tested X in Zhuhai sometimes this summer.
Old May 5, 2009, 12:00 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evox44
What wing is that? looks sick!
Sard GT Fuji 1700mm
Old May 5, 2009, 02:53 AM

man that is one clean X...definitely loving it
Old May 5, 2009, 05:17 AM

Hey bro Steve, u sure have one hell of a beautiful ride I have seen so far. Really makes me drool I don't think that u r from Guangzhou or Guangxi. But i'm looking for hints to look for performance parts for an E10 SST. Particularly parts like defi gauges, controller 2, camp2, blitz SBC icolor spec r, or SBC spec r, intakes eg Injen or related. in the region. R there recommended areas or district where these shops/ wkshp concentrates? Is it possible to find shops speciallizing in automobile accessories like the Autobacs. Cheers for ur insights!!

Last edited by khaychun; May 5, 2009 at 05:19 AM.
Old May 6, 2009, 03:02 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by khaychun
Hey bro Steve, u sure have one hell of a beautiful ride I have seen so far. Really makes me drool I don't think that u r from Guangzhou or Guangxi. But i'm looking for hints to look for performance parts for an E10 SST. Particularly parts like defi gauges, controller 2, camp2, blitz SBC icolor spec r, or SBC spec r, intakes eg Injen or related. in the region. R there recommended areas or district where these shops/ wkshp concentrates? Is it possible to find shops speciallizing in automobile accessories like the Autobacs. Cheers for ur insights!!
Yes you are right that I am not from Guangdong so I have no idea which workshops are good to recommend. You can search on web though for HKS' dealer in Guangdong as I know there are couple of them advertising in HK's option magazines. There is big flagship stores for HKS, Work, etc. in Dongguan or Guangzhou as well. For those small parts you mentioned, actually the best and economic sources are in HK. Why don't you make a short trip to Mongkok of Kowloon side to shop all those things for only 60-70% of the prices you can get in Guangdong and bring them back for installation only?? Thats exactly what I have been doing everytime when I return to HK for home gathering or business.