Notices
Evo X Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

LED Trunk Lights

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2009, 12:57 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Curt@MrLed
Out of curiosity, did you even know I was on here. Props for DIY.
Yeah, I've checked out your site a few times. I couldn't find what type of bulbs you used, or if the bulb just went into the stock location or what. Are yours (the trunk lights) a festoon type LED bulb?
Old Feb 19, 2009, 01:04 PM
Former Vendor

My fault for not getting the site done. But then again the economy is hurting me as well. Im not being a dick, just trying to figure out what I need to do for advertising.

Everything I have is plug and play or plug and stick.
Here is everything I have posted. https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...eup-evo-x.html

Replacement uses 9 leds, hipo uses one 5 watt led. Note my white pic is in the day time.
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i1...r/MOM08181.jpg

For the price you did a good job. I used to use that same led for my first dome lights 3 years ago. But what I found is color degradation starts in about 3 months. For me thats unexceptable to sell. I have a drawer here with about 400 of those leds.
Old Feb 19, 2009, 01:09 PM
Evolving Member

I was worried about the color degradation as well. Time will tell!

I still don't see what type of bulb you are using. Or are yours soldered on a board like the ones I got? From your pic, it looks like the light is in the middle of the trunk, correct? The 5 watt LED are BRIGHT for sure!
Old Feb 19, 2009, 01:51 PM
Former Vendor

I don't show the leds I use for the simple fact there are alot of lowlife people who would like to find out what I am using and try to undercut me. I have delt with this before. So I learned my lesson and wont give competitors any leeway. I just show alot of pics what the light can do. Me showing pics of the LED itself is like a tuner giving out his maps. I am the AMS of LED's. Im not for everyone.

Its mounted in the center. Its the size of a half dollar. The led is enclosed in a aluminum body, and plugs right in. I do alot of research, and spend alot of money to make sure I offer the best there is.

What youll find in about 6 months is the leds will start losing the phospher in them. Yellow in the center of the LED. It may take a little longer since its a trunk option. If I can find some of the older 4 chip leds like these I will get a pic for ya. Operating range on mine 3.2-3.8 volts @20ma per led. I found out real quick that is way to much. They look great for a month or 2, but degrade fast. Any of the ones customers still have of mine the Leds are run 2.8 volts. There still working. Ask anyone in my feedback from years ago.
Old Feb 19, 2009, 02:03 PM
Evolving Member

Wasn't trying to put down any of your products, obviously you've done your research on the subject. I understand not wanting to give out too much info. Thanks for the responses.
Old Feb 19, 2009, 02:38 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by c_reber
Wasn't trying to put down any of your products, obviously you've done your research on the subject. I understand not wanting to give out too much info. Thanks for the responses.
I took no offense, sorry if I came off like that.
Old Feb 19, 2009, 09:04 PM
Evolving Member

looks good.