Notices
Evo X Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Blacked Out Headlights with some LED's

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2009, 12:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by drewschindler
i think it looks sick, just because audi made it popular doesnt mean other cars cant rock it successfully
I'm sure they say the same thing about Z3 fenders and Lambo doors, too.
Old Apr 28, 2009, 12:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
who is they
Old Apr 28, 2009, 01:05 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by drewschindler
who is they
The general population that thinks that the Evo can "rock" Audi-styled headlights "successfully"
Old Apr 28, 2009, 01:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
yea..awesome work had the same idea but my LED's are on my Fogs...
Old Apr 28, 2009, 01:35 PM
Evolved Member

looks good, minus the leds. is that the apr lip?
Old Apr 28, 2009, 01:38 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by QwikEVO
The general population that thinks that the Evo can "rock" Audi-styled headlights "successfully"
why?? what's wrong with the evo's rocking the AUDI style LED's????
Old Apr 28, 2009, 01:43 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Iceman5
The same thing that's wrong with cars with Buick porthole stickers on their fenders.
Old Apr 28, 2009, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by JoeyM3
looks good, minus the leds. is that the apr lip?
You are correct that is the APR lip.
Old Apr 28, 2009, 01:53 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Iceman5
Decorational Headlight lighting seems to be a Euro Design. So It's out of place on a Japanese car. Especially on a Japanese icon like the Evo which should flex its own style and be copied by others. It's bad enough how similar the new Evo grill is to the Audi and VW grills. Don't you see the problem with civics "rocking" BMW style angel eyes? Biting another manufacturer's style actually cheapens the look for everyone.

Last edited by E\/0IXG$R; Apr 28, 2009 at 01:59 PM.
Old Apr 28, 2009, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by E\/0IXG$R
Decorational Headlight lighting seems to be a German Design. So It's out of place on a Japanese car. Especially on a Japanese icon like the Evo which should flex its own style and be copied by others. It's bad enough how similar the new Evo grill is to the Audi and VW grills. Don't you see the problem with civics "rocking" BMW style angel eyes? Biting another manufacturer's style actually cheapens the look for everyone.
I dont know where you have been, but people have been decorating their lights for years. Long before BMW came out with Angel Eyes. And I hate to break it to you, but the Evo is no icon. The car does its job well, but it far from being an icon. Anyone can have angel eyes, they look great on any car on the road! And if I am hurting the look for everyone than why can only 1 manufacturer have the LED's? Not everyone has Audi...
Old Apr 28, 2009, 02:09 PM
Evolving Member

Looks good, but like everyone's been saying it would be better if you posted some night shots!
Old Apr 28, 2009, 02:13 PM

thats pretty clean, cant wait to see what it looks like at night!
Old Apr 28, 2009, 02:15 PM

I will take some night time and distance shots tonight. I just installed the lights Sunday, and I havent really had a chance to take better pics.

Thanks for all the compliments!!
Old Apr 28, 2009, 02:25 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by VWR32toEvoX
I dont know where you have been, but people have been decorating their lights for years. Long before BMW came out with Angel Eyes. And I hate to break it to you, but the Evo is no icon. The car does its job well, but it far from being an icon. Anyone can have angel eyes, they look great on any car on the road! And if I am hurting the look for everyone than why can only 1 manufacturer have the LED's? Not everyone has Audi...
I have been around and driving for 20 years now, but not in the US the whole time. 5 of the past 7 years overseas. Give me an example of how people decorated their headlights with lights and made them look good before BMW came out with Angel Eyes because I don't remember seeing it. And I hate to break it to YOU but the Evo is certainly an icon in Japan, continental East Asia, Europe, the middle east etc... Even people in North Africa know what an Evo is and would recognize one instantly. Probably because it has been in those regions for so long. The answer to your question... Originality. Instead of doing a LED line at the base of the housing (just like Audi), change it up and make it look original and different. BTW Non-BMWs with angel eyes look like a bad joke on the road.
My 02c. Take it or leave it.
Old Apr 28, 2009, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by E\/0IXG$R
I have been around and driving for 20 years now, but not in the US the whole time. 5 of the past 7 years overseas. Give me an example of how people decorated their headlights with lights and made them look good before BMW came out with Angel Eyes because I don't remember seeing it. And I hate to break it to YOU but the Evo is certainly an icon in Japan, continental East Asia, Europe, the middle east etc... Even people in North Africa know what an Evo is and would recognize one instantly. Probably because it has been in those regions for so long. The answer to your question... Originality. Instead of doing a LED line at the base of the housing (just like Audi), change it up and make it look original and different. BTW Non-BMWs with angel eyes look like a bad joke on the road.
My 02c. Take it or leave it.

I will have to look around, but I have been going to shows for many years (only in US and for the past 20 years or so as well), and I have always seen lights with angel eyes and LED's and all sorts. It wasnt that common, but definitely out there. And just because anyone can recognize a car and tell you its name doesnt make it some great car that everyone should respect (and not personalized!?!?!?). Everyone in the world knows what a VW bug is, but that doesnt make it an "icon". The same goes for a Miata, Accord, Civic, etc. The Evo is a great car, but far from something that cant be personalized just because its supposed to look a certain way. Icons to me = Ferrari, Lambo, Skylines, etc...something that is somewhat exclusive and/or uncommon. Anyone anywhere can get an Evo, and you see them everday. But obviously our styling opinions differ greatly...

Last edited by VWR32toEvoX; Apr 28, 2009 at 03:08 PM.

Quick Reply: Blacked Out Headlights with some LED's