Notices
Evo X Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Do Luck Evo X "FRP" Duckbill Trunk WANT list

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2011, 07:12 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VIS do luck style fitment is good because I sold quite a lot and no complain so far.
Old Jul 25, 2011, 09:54 AM
Silver Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
So let me get this straight.

You guys wanted the FRP version of the Do Luck trunk -- and we here at Bulletproof made it happen to bring the cost down vs. the CF version.

Now we are cheerleading for a knock off version in the original thread?

Reference this thread the next time you guys want something new and original for the Evo X, and you wonder why no one is developing anything.

- Jason
Email: sales@bulletproofautomotive.com
Direct North American Dealers for Voltex, Mines, Varis, First Molding, HKS Kansai, Cusco, HKS, Advan, Volk, Ings+1, C-West, Work, and so much more...
Old Jul 25, 2011, 12:47 PM

How long has the duckbill design been around? BMW uses it! The EVO's prior to the X had it. It is doubtful that companies will give up developing product simply because of copycats. Remember how Japan was the copycat of American goods after WWII. China bootlegs DVD and music CD's all day long. The music and movie industries have not quit making their product. Copy cats in every industry have been around for decades. Look at generic drugs, the list is endless.

Basic marketing says if you get the product, quality and price right it will sell.

The VIS Racing duckbill I bought is slightly different. The duckbill is wider and extends further back than the doluck. It looks and fits great. Take a look at the yellow EVO X that is going to appear in Modfied Mag. It is a VIS Racing duckbill.

I don't think members hear will appreciate you slamming the EVO owners on this forum on this issue with other forums such as the Hyundai Genesis forum.

If you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen.
Attached Thumbnails Do Luck Evo X "FRP" Duckbill Trunk WANT list-vis-1.jpg  
Old Jul 25, 2011, 02:06 PM
Silver Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by f1av8trfan
How long has the duckbill design been around? BMW uses it! The EVO's prior to the X had it. It is doubtful that companies will give up developing product simply because of copycats. Remember how Japan was the copycat of American goods after WWII. China bootlegs DVD and music CD's all day long. The music and movie industries have not quit making their product. Copy cats in every industry have been around for decades. Look at generic drugs, the list is endless.

Basic marketing says if you get the product, quality and price right it will sell.

The VIS Racing duckbill I bought is slightly different. The duckbill is wider and extends further back than the doluck. It looks and fits great. Take a look at the yellow EVO X that is going to appear in Modfied Mag. It is a VIS Racing duckbill.

I don't think members hear will appreciate you slamming the EVO owners on this forum on this issue with other forums such as the Hyundai Genesis forum.

I won't go back and forth with you on this -- as you've already made your decision to purchase another product. (and I saw your reply on the OTHER forum already) There is obviously going to be a bit of bias in any of your replies, including justification as to why you chose what you did. Funny to me that after conceding over there, you would come here to even further justify your purchase. Do you really need that much reinforcement that you made the right choice?

Don't quite understand what you meant by

"I don't think members hear will appreciate you slamming the EVO owners on this forum on this issue with other forums such as the Hyundai Genesis forum."

We aren't exactly on the Hyundai Genesis forums -- still trying to understand the relevance of the statement.

Slamming Evo owners? We've been on this forum from the very beginning, since the Evo launched in the U.S. supporting the car and helping get new products into the hands of owners when we can.

Regardless, there is still an active market for both the authentic Do Luck trunk and the alternatives out there, based on the volume I see come through. The choice is ultimately up to each individual. I'm just trying to present the cold hard facts.
Email: sales@bulletproofautomotive.com
Direct North American Dealers for Voltex, Mines, Varis, First Molding, HKS Kansai, Cusco, HKS, Advan, Volk, Ings+1, C-West, Work, and so much more...
Old Jul 25, 2011, 02:35 PM
Evolving Member

Wow, that yellow X is running the knock off? I agree with bulletproof, no one was going to make this trunk if Do Luck didn't, just like the Varis kit or Voltex wings. Too bad.
Old Jul 25, 2011, 03:01 PM

Thumbs down

Man, you're just case and point of another person who thinks they "know" something. It's pretty much proven that copy products are hurting the aftermarket industy's innovators. Companies are going out of business because knock-off products are selling more than the originals! (the list goes on and on from the last 10 years) How can you refute that fact? There are also companies that are ceasing development or at least questioning its worth when it comes to aero, all due to knock-offs.

I don't think it's fair bringing the yellow car into things; that's the same dude that goes around telling people his knock-off parts are authentic.

The aftermarket auto industry cannot be compared to the Rx or music industries. Revenues are not anywhere close in any of these industries. Most tuning shops/aero manufacturers are small businesses; ~$2-3M a year in gross revenue. As a result, they can't really compete with knock-offs, especially those from companies like Seibon and VIS that are huge enough to buy their ways out of pretty much anything. (Why do you think Seibon gives their dealers 40-50% off list prices and free product to anyone they can?)

You think the JDM companies make 60%+ margins and are ripping you off? Get real man, profit is like 20-25% tops, and that's on small quantities of sales. No real business can make overhead selling all day, everyday at 20%, unless they do huge volume.

You want to feel like you're saving money with VIS, but honestly, you're getting ripped off by a soulless company that basically only cares about profiting off the creativity of others.

If you have a problem with the pricing on the real Do Luck, then just don't buy it. Also, do us all a favor and stay out of all these threads because your two cents and ****-talking aren't appreciated by anybody.

Last edited by ttknf; Jul 25, 2011 at 03:07 PM.
Old Jul 25, 2011, 03:14 PM

"Also, do us all a favor and stay out of all these threads because your two cents and ****-talking aren't appreciated by anybody.
" The PM's I have gotten tell me otherwise.

Glad to hear you are the forum spokesperson.

Old Jul 25, 2011, 07:00 PM
raz
Evolving Member

i tought archie had a real doluck, anyway i bought a product that was from a knock off company, will not mention what, it was total garbage, learned my lesson and will never buy knockoff again, cost me twice once for the crappy knockoff and then for the proper piece which had amazing fitment and quality was 100 percent, now i only buy the real stuff in the end its always cheeper as install is spot on and finish is excellent so save in labour for install and finishing, just my 2 cents, and i like cooking and heat so can i please stay in the kitchen, lol
Old Jul 25, 2011, 08:10 PM
Evolved Member

I dont know where you are getting your information from?

Did you just assume the trunk was made by VIS?

I am sorry to tell you that the trunk is not made by VIS.

Please do not post false information until you have solid evidence that the trunk was made by VIS.

If you look at the pictures of the VIS Duckbill trunk at the link below it looks totally different. The duckbill has more of a sharp edge look and not smooth.

http://www.visracing.com/newcatalog/...ber-Trunk.html

Last edited by ArchieBabes; Jul 25, 2011 at 08:33 PM.
Old Jul 25, 2011, 08:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow this is turning into a **** storm. To each his own. Some people just have different tastes and preferences. I will probably get a CF trunk later but I will get the oem style one since I prefer the more simple look.
Old Jul 26, 2011, 05:09 AM

Which one do you have? It isn't the Do-Luck.

Apologies to all.
Attached Thumbnails Do Luck Evo X "FRP" Duckbill Trunk WANT list-3442656557_2416bab47a_o.jpg  
Old Jul 26, 2011, 06:06 AM
Evolved Member

Which one do you have? It isn't the Do-Luck.

Apologies to all.
I have the same trunk, the picture you posted of my car has a different angle taken with a shot below the car.

This will be my last post about this I don't want this to be a flaming war and it is not fair to the thread starter with all this off topic none sense going on here.

On a side note with that misinformation that you posted on this thread one individual was led to believe that I have a VIS trunk he even made a blog about it on his site.

What at Douche Bag! Trusting peoples posts without acquiring any proof or evidence for the matter.

Check it out.

Replace the * with jdmevloved

http://www.***************/2011/07/q....html#comments

Last edited by ArchieBabes; Jul 26, 2011 at 07:40 AM.
Old Jul 26, 2011, 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by ArchieBabes
I dont know where you are getting your information from?

Did you just assume the trunk was made by VIS?

I am sorry to tell you that the trunk is not made by VIS.

Please do not post false information until you have solid evidence that the trunk was made by VIS.

If you look at the pictures of the VIS Duckbill trunk at the link below it looks totally different. The duckbill has more of a sharp edge look and not smooth.

http://www.visracing.com/newcatalog/...ber-Trunk.html
Cool, so we've established that it's not VIS. I'd say to stop this continuing **** storm...what kind of trunk is yours then?
Old Jul 26, 2011, 10:39 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ttknf
Cool, so we've established that it's not VIS. I'd say to stop this continuing **** storm...what kind of trunk is yours then?
Thank you for understanding.

It is the real carbon fiber 1x1 DoLuck trunk that I bought from my friend when he parted out his car.

Before I was running the Seibon Duck Bill trunk, but when my friend parted out his car he gave me a good deal on the trunk so I went ahead and sold the Seibon and bought the original DoLuck trunk from my friend.

Now back on topic.
Old Jul 26, 2011, 03:29 PM
Evolving Member

Archie that's ****ty what that kid did on jdmevolved. I looked for a way to comment and reference him to this thread but you can't leave it. I say **** it man. We all know you are legit and your car is an absolute work of art. Haters gon' hate. But keep on doing what you are doing and give us inspiration.

EDIT

Figured out how to post.

Last edited by n my RA; Jul 26, 2011 at 04:03 PM.

Quick Reply: Do Luck Evo X "FRP" Duckbill Trunk WANT list