Notices
Evo X Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Do Luck Evo X "FRP" Duckbill Trunk WANT list

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2009, 08:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
www.MastergradeMotorsport.com , I e-mailed them and was told they make EvoX parts including the Do-luck replica trunk.
Old Aug 11, 2009, 08:15 AM
Evolving Member

Mastergrade also has a bad rep on other forums... But that's another story that I don't want to get into. Either way, you want quality? Go with Do-Luck.
Old Aug 11, 2009, 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by Olaboy808
Mastergrade also has a bad rep on other forums... But that's another story that I don't want to get into. Either way, you want quality? Go with Do-Luck.
Ya, keep it on topic of do-luck. $795 is a really good deal for the authentic.
Old Aug 11, 2009, 10:03 AM
Evolving Member

yeah, i only mentioned them because i wanted to point out that knock-offs are NOT that much of a value.

Last edited by industry; Aug 11, 2009 at 10:53 AM. Reason: forgot the most important word. shouldn't type when high as a kite. jk.
Old Aug 11, 2009, 10:29 AM
Evolving Member

Here's the story of mastergrade...... eck
http://myg37.com/forums/the-lounge-o...r-product.html

bump for authentic!!!! hate it when people think if my parts are authentic or fake, so please no replica.
Old Aug 11, 2009, 11:04 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by tingc911
Here's the story of mastergrade...... eck
http://myg37.com/forums/the-lounge-o...r-product.html

bump for authentic!!!! hate it when people think if my parts are authentic or fake, so please no replica.
Ooh Shhhit!!! I actually read the whole thing. Damn, that's some shady company. Master of false promises

Worth the read if you have time. Don't pass up on this.

Last edited by GGIXMRSE06; Aug 11, 2009 at 11:07 AM.
Old Aug 11, 2009, 10:35 PM

who actually came up w/ mastergrade is doing reps for do luck did somebody actually post pix and prove that they actually made it? i think this is just rumors from people false leak. i'll beleive it when i see it.
Old Aug 11, 2009, 10:39 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by BlackCFEvoX
Ya, keep it on topic of do-luck. $795 is a really good deal for the authentic.
$795 for the authentic version? I'm interested in this, however have some questions that I would like to be answered.

With this FRP Do Luck version coming from Japan, does this come with authentic label on the product and on the box packaging like the original Do Luck product?

Also, since having an agreement with Do Luck Japan and in limited edition, would there be some kind of special serial count on the product?

Do Luck FTW!
Old Aug 11, 2009, 10:47 PM

don"t think they have serial count and full authenticity for this doesn"t even come w/ the box. if u really check the quality of this trunk!!!!hmmmm is this really rom japan?
Old Aug 12, 2009, 06:08 AM

Originally Posted by cjX28
who actually came up w/ mastergrade is doing reps for do luck did somebody actually post pix and prove that they actually made it? i think this is just rumors from people false leak. i'll beleive it when i see it.

E-mail them, that's how I found out. Someone also made mention of it on the other X site.
Old Aug 12, 2009, 09:25 AM
Evolving Member

Patrick,

With this FRP Do Luck version coming from Japan, does this come with authentic label on the product and on the box packaging like the original Do Luck product?

Also, since having an agreement with Do Luck Japan and in limited edition, would there be some kind of special serial count on the product?
Old Aug 12, 2009, 09:25 AM
Silver Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by GGIXMRSE06
$795 for the authentic version? I'm interested in this, however have some questions that I would like to be answered.

Do Luck FTW!
We haven't received any of the trunks yet so there is no way to know for sure, but I don't doubt that Do-Luck will put the same labels on their FRP trunks as their carbon trunks. Here are pictures of the labels on the carbon trunks. Either way the trunks will be absolutely authentic from Do-Luck in Japan and we have no interest in selling replicas that would compromise our relationship with Do-Luck.

-Patrick
Email: sales@bulletproofautomotive.com
Direct North American Dealers for Voltex, Mines, Varis, First Molding, HKS Kansai, Cusco, HKS, Advan, Volk, Ings+1, C-West, Work, and so much more...
Old Aug 12, 2009, 09:56 AM
Evolving Member

Thanks for the reply.

Since Bulletproof have made a co partnership w/ Do Luck Japan, how could the company not know of this from the beginning? A product this Large should have a seal on it. Especially when it came from JAPAN! FRP or Not, this is important.

Let me guess, Bulletproof seal?

I ask this because, as a paying customer, I would like to know that my hard earned money is well spent. Not just because it looks nice and fits well, a Japanese LABEL/SEAL is a must especially when it's being sold off as JAPAN made. A product can't be just sent off from Japan without any proof of authenticity.

If it were to be picked up directly from the warehouse, would the box shipped off from Japan still be available?

How about instruction manual and paperwork pre-sealed in a plastic bag guaranteeing Japanese made authenticity?

That picture you provided with label and authentic seal is the the REAL Do Luck JAPAN.

Last edited by GGIXMRSE06; Aug 12, 2009 at 10:30 AM.
Old Aug 12, 2009, 11:30 AM
Silver Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by GGIXMRSE06
Since Bulletproof have made a co partnership w/ Do Luck Japan, how could the company not know of this from the beginning?
We did know about this product from the beginning because Do-Luck is only making the product at our request. We negotiated directly with Ito of Do-Luck Japan for the lowest price possible and we're the reason why this trunk even exists. We have a long history of working directly with Do-Luck Japan and we have never sold any knockoffs in the 10 years we've been in business.

This trunk is not an exception. It is a genuine Do-Luck trunk from Japan. If you have any question at all about the authenticity of this product or our relationship with Do-Luck please give us a call at 213.745.6954. I'm not sure where the uncertainty about this is coming from, but I'd like to personally reassure everyone that we do not sell knockoffs and never will.

-Patrick
Email: sales@bulletproofautomotive.com
Direct North American Dealers for Voltex, Mines, Varis, First Molding, HKS Kansai, Cusco, HKS, Advan, Volk, Ings+1, C-West, Work, and so much more...
Old Mar 1, 2010, 01:47 PM
Evolving Member

is this still in the works/available now? i know i'm kinda resurrecting an old thread here.

Quick Reply: Do Luck Evo X "FRP" Duckbill Trunk WANT list