Notices
Evo X Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Buschur Racing Crossflow Exhaust - Pics & a question

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2009, 08:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i finally got around to taking pictures and a video clip, i will upload and post tonight. Probably start a seperate thread and write a little review, i will link to that from here
Old Aug 11, 2009, 09:19 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by mmartahus
its being installed by a muffler shop as we speak, i just told them to figure it out, i think it just looks massive cause its in my house, i be the flange does bolt up to the cat.

i'll do a full review of the exhaust in a new thread after i drive around with it on for a couple days.
^

Originally Posted by beetle_orange
just curious why you went with this setup?
what's a good alternative for this catback?

Originally Posted by artnsx
whats the difference between this and the magnaflow exhaust thats alot cheaper? So far the only thing i can figure out is that the flange that bolts to the cat is not 3" and bottlenecks a little on the exhaust from magnaflow. Cheap and easy fix though, and even if you didn't want to fix it, the impact on performance would be minimal if you are running stock downpipe and cat.

Why is the crossflow 300$ more?

http://www.cvrmotorsports.com/store/...roduct_id=4075
^ interesting. I wonder if the ground clearance in the same. the only difference I can see from the picture is that the pipe that connects to the muffle is bent much more than Buschur [?]

Originally Posted by MrSmith
We are talking about smooth flow here though... not adding up inner diameters. That's like saying if you merged a ingle 3 inch into 7 0.5 inch pipes you would have better flow because there are 7 of them and you have a higher overall diameter number. Of course I am exaggerating here but I am trying to make a point. Exhaust flow is not just math. The best free flowing exhausts are the ones with the least/smoothest bends and the least restrictions that would create turbulence. That muffler looks like it is a 3 inch in 3 inch out. I am guessing Buschur is choking it down to a 2.5 to reduce noise. That is a restriction and the system is not a true 3 inch exhaust.
edit - this is my useless 2c. and do not want to get this off topic. OP good luck with your new exhaust.
That's probably why its more quiter.

Magnaflow hangs lower than Buschur:

compare to Buschur:
Buschur Racing EVO X Crossflow thread

something that I would really take into consideration.

Last edited by Gardo_Segovia; Aug 11, 2009 at 09:27 AM. Reason: Magnaflow picture
Old Aug 11, 2009, 06:42 PM
Evolved Member

here is the pics and video

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...ics-video.html