Notices
Evo X Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

2010 Evo X, Dibs on the First :)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2009, 05:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lovin the gauges!
Old Aug 23, 2009, 07:46 PM
.MM
Evolved Member

i like that new display...it shows a lot more than my 08 model.

i hate having to toggle between a million screens. Looks like the 2010 model shows a lot more on one screen at a time.

The new taillights/ralliart tails are starting to grow on me too...hmm

i also like the audio control on the steering wheel...that would of been a nice feature to have.

overrall i like your 2010, congratz!
Old Aug 23, 2009, 09:22 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Malik_EvoIX
So if it came down to a brand new 2008 evo with 0% or a brand new 2010 evo what would you get? i would personally get the 2008 0% is hard to resist!!!!
Omg, enough with the damn 0% crap already? We get it. They were practically giving these things out out several months ago for crazy deals...yes-yes...we know. We get the point.

Am I the only one who is sick of hearing about it everytime a MY2010 thread comes up!? Envy? Buyer's remorse?
Some of us prefer to order a car the way WE want and not just buy something leftover because we were thrown a good deal at the stealership.

I'll probably get flamed for this, maybe it's just me, but I rather pay full price for a car than settle for something that's probably been sitting on a lot for over a year, been jumped over a couple dozen times before starting, been test-driven/beaten on by dozens of careless teens or inexperienced drivers, been dented or dinged by other cars on the lot, been exposed to various weather elements including hail and whatnot, been filled up several times with crap regular fuel that dealers carry, been driven right after a start a ton of times without proper warm up, etc,etc,etc,ETC!!!

Sorry for the rant, but it's getting kinda annoying and I just needed to vent a bit.

OP, lucky you! Mine will look identical to yours when I order it in a couple of weeks. Good luck with it

Last edited by WWIXMR; Aug 23, 2009 at 09:30 PM.
Old Aug 23, 2009, 10:32 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by WWIXMR
Omg, enough with the damn 0% crap already? We get it. They were practically giving these things out out several months ago for crazy deals...yes-yes...we know. We get the point.

Am I the only one who is sick of hearing about it everytime a MY2010 thread comes up!? Envy? Buyer's remorse?
Some of us prefer to order a car the way WE want and not just buy something leftover because we were thrown a good deal at the stealership.

I'll probably get flamed for this, maybe it's just me, but I rather pay full price for a car than settle for something that's probably been sitting on a lot for over a year, been jumped over a couple dozen times before starting, been test-driven/beaten on by dozens of careless teens or inexperienced drivers, been dented or dinged by other cars on the lot, been exposed to various weather elements including hail and whatnot, been filled up several times with crap regular fuel that dealers carry, been driven right after a start a ton of times without proper warm up, etc,etc,etc,ETC!!!

Sorry for the rant, but it's getting kinda annoying and I just needed to vent a bit.

OP, lucky you! Mine will look identical to yours when I order it in a couple of weeks. Good luck with it
You get all sorts of people come up here and give their opinion, and they are entitled to it, this is a forum where everyone gets to say what they want. It comes down to what the person wants, and what 'I' wanted was a freaking WW Evo. I did not care that i was going to pay 3-4k more for a 10/10, i was going to get what I WANTED. Like i said, i wasnt going to get a color that i wasnt going to be happy with, im going to be driving it everyday, and if i did see a WW on the street, i wouldnt want to say to myself, "i should have waited", i wanted to say damn, another evo!, and give a big thumbs up.

Anyways, guys come on, we are a community of enthusiast's, we are all here because we LOVE evos, we dont need this "OEMGEE!! YOU SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN AN 08'!!! THE DEALZ ARE AMAIZING!.". I dont know if you guys seen the Lexus commercial, where the guy jumps in his Lexus while the narrarator says "some guys get a car because of the deal they get, while others get their dream car" (or something like that), anyways my point is, dont settle for anything less than 100% of what YOU want, and this is exacly what i did and you know what? i couldnt be happier .

To: WWIXMR: thanks man, goodluck with your purchase, what dealer are you going to get yours from?
Old Aug 23, 2009, 10:48 PM
Evolved Member

^ Amen... ultimately, its your money and you can spend it however you want. Others are influenced more with what deals they get (as long as the things they are looking for are also there)- I'm one of those guys. To be honest, my first choice was WW, but of course that color was long gone when I got my X last May. RR was my 2nd choice and that's what I got, along with the best deal I could find nationwide. That was enough for me to pull the trigger. I couldn't be happer with the purchase.

The OP wanted a WW, he got it... and the first one to get a 2010 in the US? Even if he had pay the higher price for a new year model, it's still a nice feeling to get the car he really wanted, and the first one at that! He is extremely happy with it and now a part of the community! Cheers to the OP, I'm glad for you!

Last edited by tipoytm; Aug 23, 2009 at 10:53 PM.
Old Aug 23, 2009, 11:01 PM

yea congrats
Old Aug 23, 2009, 11:09 PM

Otd price? What kind of magic did sam do?
Old Aug 23, 2009, 11:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Damn I want that color lcd. Congrats kid
Old Aug 23, 2009, 11:28 PM
ZK
Evolved Member

Congrats! Enjoy your new purchase.

Yes, 2008s can be had for bargain prices but getting a 2010 means it didn't sit in a lot forever. There's lots of stuff that can happen to a car as it sits outdoors. Some care, others don't. You pay the premium for the fresh car.
Old Aug 23, 2009, 11:40 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ZK
Congrats! Enjoy your new purchase.

Yes, 2008s can be had for bargain prices but getting a 2010 means it didn't sit in a lot forever. There's lots of stuff that can happen to a car as it sits outdoors. Some care, others don't. You pay the premium for the fresh car.
Yeah bro, was stocked when i saw the build date was July 09.. hah.. It spent more time on the boat than it did driving out of the dealership
Old Aug 23, 2009, 11:52 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
if everyone is *****ing about the new display. why dont u just 1+up the 2010 and just install an aftermarket Heads Up display and be done with it. then you can display [mostly] everything u ever wanted with the correct sensor addons.
Old Aug 24, 2009, 12:55 AM
Evolved Member

Congrats man. Looks great. Having the 1st 2010 model must be a great feeling, lol.
Old Aug 24, 2009, 02:26 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Chebosto
if everyone is *****ing about the new display. why dont u just 1+up the 2010 and just install an aftermarket Heads Up display and be done with it. then you can display [mostly] everything u ever wanted with the correct sensor addons.
that's not the same. not even close. while everyone is looking at consolidating and optimizing the center display, you're looking to add more display and make the driver look retarded by twisting his/her head around the dash 60 times a minute. not to mention those other 200 "add-ons" that you have to go through and possibly have it fail, when it could all be possibly done just by swapping a gauge or display.
Old Aug 24, 2009, 10:40 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Chebosto
I think everyone likes the new display because it shows more information and it looks very, very nice. It's not the be-all-end-all but the EVO X interior is pretty average so any extra bling helps. It appears the new LCD is larger and has a bezel around it which 08/09's don't so you would probably have to do an entire cluster swap which could be $$$ and I'm not clear on can-BUS vehicles if the mileage is still stored in the cluster.
Old Aug 24, 2009, 12:34 PM
Evolved Member

thanks for asking the build date Q, mitsu had a "2010 MR" they were showcasing which someone discovered had a build date of DEC 08, just wanted to confirm yours was fresh!

anyway, i've got a pic request if possible, here's the angle:

from the rear of the car, off to one side, closer to the bumper (not standing up) of the entire car, making sure the side skirt is visible (particularly how far its actually "sticking out" as opposed to the MY08 skirt). thank you in advance

Quick Reply: 2010 Evo X, Dibs on the First :)