Notices
Evo X Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

X vs Z

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2009, 02:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by linjy2
man we could of used some gauge pods stock. and that interior is so much nicer then the evo..
Na, I don't think so... I like the car but the seats aren't touching the evo's. I like the x interior better, those headrests look mad doofy. No offense op, but I love my x interior with my navi and everything. Get the intake from stillen, that thing dyno'd like 17 whp higher. Thanks for the pics though I like the push button start, something mitsu was too cheap to spring for.
Old Oct 7, 2009, 06:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
beautiful z. I have always loved those cars.
Old Oct 7, 2009, 07:50 AM

Very nice car! If it weren't for the harsh winters in Chicago and my 2 kids, I'd strongly consider the Z. Also, what kind of camera/lens setup do you have going? I myself am an amateur photographer and am starting to take pics of my car. Any suggestions in terms of filters/PS plugins you like using?
Old Oct 7, 2009, 08:30 AM
Evolving Member

the z looks much better than the evo, the evo isnt atractive by any means, but performance end of the evo has it beat,

FYI

last friday night i ran a brand new z with the same mods, exhaust and intake, he ran 13.9 to my 13.1, as for handling the evo would have it beat also,
Old Oct 7, 2009, 12:27 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by phyzfer
Very nice car! If it weren't for the harsh winters in Chicago and my 2 kids, I'd strongly consider the Z. Also, what kind of camera/lens setup do you have going? I myself am an amateur photographer and am starting to take pics of my car. Any suggestions in terms of filters/PS plugins you like using?
thank you... im using a canon xsi with a 17-85mm lens that day on manual mode, no flash was needed, no filters. pictures were touched up on corel photoshop
Old Oct 7, 2009, 08:05 PM
Evolving Member

did you get the version with the auto revving down shift function?? I'm curious to know how well that is liked because i've read some reviews where it seemed to get in the way of truly spirited driving. I, personally, love throwing high rev double clutch down shifts physically, so its not for me.

looks reallllll nice btw, z's have a look like no other.
Old Oct 7, 2009, 08:12 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by XIEvolutionIX
did you get the version with the auto revving down shift function?? I'm curious to know how well that is liked because i've read some reviews where it seemed to get in the way of truly spirited driving. I, personally, love throwing high rev double clutch down shifts physically, so its not for me.

looks reallllll nice btw, z's have a look like no other.
yes, i have the rev match, it comes with the sport package. It took me about a weeks worthe of driving with the sport mode on. i ended up turning it off because i like to heel/toe myself as well, but the z actually does do, probably an even better job than myself at rev matching and now im so used to the car doing it for me. i feel kinda lazy but it rev matches perfectly every down shift, and hate to say but i love the option and now the sport mode is ALWAYS on, even just to run to the store. i tried it out for the first time driving hardcore when i went and took those pictures in the back roads and seriously, there is nothing like it. IMO, i love the rev match that came with the sport package. the shifts are perfect and have yet to miss a shift with sport mode on. seriously you guys, if you havent, you need to go test drive a z that is equipped with the sport package option and see for yourself, and actually drive it hard, i feel you guys would like it as well

btw, i ordered my suspension, but what wheels to get... hmmm, i was thinking ssr proffessor sp1 in 19x9.5 +22F 19x11 +12R or ssr type F in 19x9.5 +22F 19x10.5 +15R in time attack, kinda like this photoshop job

Last edited by ilive2win; Oct 7, 2009 at 08:17 PM.
Old Oct 7, 2009, 08:13 PM
Evolved Member

i dig the Z
Old Oct 7, 2009, 08:24 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ilive2win
yes, i have the rev match, it comes with the sport package. It took me about a weeks worthe of driving with the sport mode on. i ended up turning it off because i like to heel/toe myself as well, but the z actually does do, probably an even better job than myself at rev matching and now im so used to the car doing it for me. i feel kinda lazy but it rev matches perfectly every down shift, and hate to say but i love the option and now the sport mode is ALWAYS on, even just to run to the store. i tried it out for the first time driving hardcore when i went and took those pictures in the back roads and seriously, there is nothing like it. IMO, i love the rev match that came with the sport package. the shifts are perfect and have yet to miss a shift with sport mode on. seriously you guys, if you havent, you need to go test drive a z that is equipped with the sport package option and see for yourself, and actually drive it hard, i feel you guys would like it as well

btw, i ordered my suspension, but what wheels to get... hmmm, i was thinking ssr proffessor sp1 in 19x9.5 +22F 19x11 +12R or ssr type F in 19x9.5 +22F 19x10.5 +15R in time attack, kinda like this photoshop job

Yea, thats what made me so interested in the 370 in the first place. I guess it is fun to do your own heel-toeing, but if the car can do it better and never miss or mess up, than its probably a good idea to automate, especially for track times. Is it as smooth as traditional double clutching, because I would imagine it just revs to match the tranny, and not actually sync them perfectly like double clutching does? Does that have any effect on weight transfer when going into a corner?
Old Oct 7, 2009, 08:28 PM
Evolving Member

the computer syncs it perfect to whatever rpm it needs to be in, so it is actually smoother than double clutching. it has no effect on weight transfer, just makes it easier to downshift going into a corner
Old Oct 7, 2009, 08:50 PM
Evolving Member

sounds like nissan has got a serious little add on in the 370z. This is definitely one of the next cars im looking into buying, nothings sexier than a sleek 2 door coupe. and if its still got anything close to the near 50/50 f/r weight distribution of the 350 im sure its a hell of a lot of fun to drive.

Congrats on the switch, hope you have a lot of fun with it!!
Old Oct 8, 2009, 03:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That photoshop looks SICK! Get them those rims would be hot!
Old Oct 8, 2009, 03:53 PM
Evolved Member

Tall face but I like the pants area.
Old Oct 8, 2009, 10:45 PM
Evolved Member

that z is sexy. they really pulled off the package well.
Old Oct 9, 2009, 12:27 AM
Evolving Member

a few months ago i went to nissan to look at a cheaper car for the wife and i instantly fell in love with the 370 and was regretting my very recent X purchase. i just got over this and now im wanting the 370 again. i just dont know how i would do with RWD cuz all the cars ive had were AWD.

Quick Reply: X vs Z