Notices
Evo X Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Official Lancer Evolution MR Touring thread!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2009, 05:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
looks good guys, I wonder if 2008's can have the SST remapping
Old Nov 23, 2009, 04:40 PM

Hello, I just picked up a 2010 WW MR Touring this weekend, love it so far!
Old Nov 23, 2009, 07:32 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Webman
...The only thing I dislike about the touring is the polka-dot leather centers of the seats. I like the suede way better. It would even look better if it were just solid leather.
FYI, it's called "perforated leather" (or "perf")...not exactly polka-dots-more like pinholes, and it's a pretty typical trim on high-end sporty cars.

Anyway, here's my sad excuse for a contribution. Somehow I've sunk all kinds of time and effort into this thing, it has less than 400mi. on it, and all I have is about 4 pictures!

Without further adue...

Day 1: Perrin Exhaust installed

BTW, this is an incredible exhaust-nice snarl on start-up, a moderate little growl to it during acceleration, and a smooth, sophisticated howl at higher engine speeds - just what I was hoping for!

Day 7: Swift Springs installed

So far-great! (I'm glad I didn't go with Eibach after all! I high-center in and out of the driveway something fierce as it is...especially with the Perrin V-band clamp hanging low in the center!)

Also, I've installed a set of Rexspeed Fender Heat Extractors (as seen in second photo), I have a set of Rexspeed Front Bumper Ducts which will be installed somewhere down the line, and a CF Meter crown overlay.

I'm lovin' the interior - especially the smooth center console with the articulating doors covering the cupholder and two cubbyholes.
I wasn't sure how I'd feel about the trunk lip spoiler at first, but especially after throwing the Swift springs on, it's just what I'm looking for!
Old Nov 25, 2009, 11:14 AM
Evolved Member

I want a WW touring trunk in the worst way possible!!!

If anyone is getting rid of one please, please, please PM ME. I hate the SSS wing.
Old Nov 25, 2009, 11:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by wild01ride
FYI, it's called "perforated leather" (or "perf")...not exactly polka-dots-more like pinholes, and it's a pretty typical trim on high-end sporty cars.

Anyway, here's my sad excuse for a contribution. Somehow I've sunk all kinds of time and effort into this thing, it has less than 400mi. on it, and all I have is about 4 pictures!

Without further adue...

Day 1: Perrin Exhaust installed

BTW, this is an incredible exhaust-nice snarl on start-up, a moderate little growl to it during acceleration, and a smooth, sophisticated howl at higher engine speeds - just what I was hoping for!

Day 7: Swift Springs installed

So far-great! (I'm glad I didn't go with Eibach after all! I high-center in and out of the driveway something fierce as it is...especially with the Perrin V-band clamp hanging low in the center!)

Also, I've installed a set of Rexspeed Fender Heat Extractors (as seen in second photo), I have a set of Rexspeed Front Bumper Ducts which will be installed somewhere down the line, and a CF Meter crown overlay.

I'm lovin' the interior - especially the smooth center console with the articulating doors covering the cupholder and two cubbyholes.
I wasn't sure how I'd feel about the trunk lip spoiler at first, but especially after throwing the Swift springs on, it's just what I'm looking for!

Nice ride.

Did you get an alignment done after the Swift spring install?
Old Nov 25, 2009, 07:17 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Moshi
Hello, I just picked up a 2010 WW MR Touring this weekend, love it so far!
Post up some pics!

Wild01ride, nice pics and write up! Keep the pictures coming!
Old Nov 28, 2009, 09:38 PM

Dang the seats cost more than the rest of the plastic interior. lol jk looks dope though
Old Nov 28, 2009, 10:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 53 Likes on 51 Posts
I have to say Mitsu really payed attention to what older folks wanted and I am really digging all the nice features

Can you guys post some pics of the interior. I have yet to see one of these bad boys for myself so I have to drool on the pics for now
Old Nov 29, 2009, 01:02 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Astro_Train
I have to say Mitsu really payed attention to what older folks wanted and I am really digging all the nice features

Can you guys post some pics of the interior. I have yet to see one of these bad boys for myself so I have to drool on the pics for now
Ask and you shall receive!
Amazing seats!

Heated seats! See the switches?

I have the passenger seat all the way back; but there is more than enough back leg room normally! The guys at everyday drive say the EVO has a betterbackseat than a 3 series!

Old Nov 30, 2009, 01:51 PM

They listened to someone and I'm grateful.

After 10 years with 3 Audi's and 2 BMWs, I never thought I'd be going EVO.

I'll be in an MR Touring, not soon enough though.

37 yo dad that tracks, AutoXs and Karts.....

side note, Boston Eagle, where you from ?
I'm in LA now but born and raised in Andover/North Reading area.

Nice work Mitsu !!
Old Dec 1, 2009, 12:24 AM

Hey guys can someone help me with a question I have? When I bought my car the dealer offered to install an exhaust for me...they recommended the Ultimate Racing Dual Exit (catback).

When I told some of my friends (who have 08 GSR's) they told me that I might as well get a test pipe or high flow cat because the stock cat's piping (2.5"?) doesn't bolt directly onto a 3" exhaust. The dealership is saying its a perfect fit. I'm confused

Anyone able to shed some light?
Old Dec 1, 2009, 07:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
it will bolt on directly. if you dont get an aftermarket cat then the UR exhaust will have a 2.5" flange to mate to the stock cat then the UR exhaust will turn into a 3". thats why your friends are telling you to get a TP cuz aftermarket TP's are 3"

feel free to correct me pls.
Old Dec 1, 2009, 02:36 PM

Okay....I hope it really does come with a flange. My friends were talking about dealing with a stock cat being a huge pain in the a#$ because the pipes didn't match and also the heatshield was getting in the way.

I'm hoping that if the dealership installs it, they won't jimmyrig it lol
Old Dec 7, 2009, 10:24 PM
Evolving Member

Lightbulb Update and new pics!!!

Let's see some more MR Touring pictures!!!
Old Dec 8, 2009, 07:21 AM
Evolving Member

My 2010 MR Touring is in the shop getting some more upgrades (AMS intercooler and lower/upper piping, fuel pump and injectors). We have been having problems with fitting a Do-luck lip on the front end. On the second one already with No-luck.

Has anyone tried putting a non-oem front lip on their car? We are taking measurements today, but it seems the front end is different than prior years by a half centimenter to full centimeter somewhere.

Quick Reply: Official Lancer Evolution MR Touring thread!