Notices
Evo X Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

ATTN Pic whores with lowered X's!!!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2010 | 05:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb ATTN Pic ****** with lowered X's!!!

As a potential owner of a X within the next 60 days, the first thing I'll be doing is lowering it, and throwing on some wheels and tires!! I've seen the "Ultimate Aggressive Wheel Thread." So no need to refer me to that. But I'm wanting some new favorite pics of yours to help me make my decision. I know the tires I want are the Nitto NT-05's. But I'm not sure if I want 18's or 19's, probably the latter. But this will also be a daily driver for me, so I don't want something that's gonna rub, and I'd like to avoid having to roll the fenders IF POSSIBLE. But I want this ***** to look mean. So here's my permission for you pic ****** to do it up in this thread!! Please give a few of the specifics above: Tires & Size, Wheel make & model & offset, and if you had to roll the fenders or not. MANY THANKS BOYS!!
Old Mar 2, 2010 | 08:04 PM

Wow. 119 views and nobody has any pics to throw up? Tough crowd.
Old Mar 2, 2010 | 08:08 PM
Evolving Member

mines not lowered
Old Mar 2, 2010 | 08:10 PM
Evolving Member

Because there's a thousand photos on the "aggressive wheel thread" that give you everything you would need to make a decision. You can also check out hundreds of different threads about peoples choices in wheels, coil-overs, etc. Search.
Old Mar 2, 2010 | 08:26 PM

I'm VERY familiar with how forums work. I've been digging all over the site for hours each day, I know how to use the search function. Thanks.....
Just thought if there were some recent pics that people wanted to share, they'd like to post. Thus the term, "pic ******." Not a big deal dude. Just doing some research and trying to find what I like, I'm new to Evo's, that's all. But not new to building cars.
Old Mar 2, 2010 | 08:49 PM
Evolved Member

Pretty much all pictures are either in the aggressive wheel thread or in each of the individual color threads that can be located in the sticky at the top of this subforum.
Old Mar 2, 2010 | 08:50 PM

Found those too. Sorry, guess I asked a stupid question.......nevermind.
Old Mar 2, 2010 | 08:54 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CHASEREVO
Found those too. Sorry, guess I asked a stupid question.......nevermind.
Definitely not a dumb question! However, most people would rather just bash than help.

Here is my car lowered on 18x9.5 +15 RPF-1 w/ 245/40-18 Nitto NT05:

I don't have any problems with rubbing and I did not roll my fenders.
Old Mar 2, 2010 | 08:59 PM

THANK YOU! Now that's what I'm looking for!!!
Now what made you go with only a 245 tire, when you could easily have gone with a 265?? Rubbing?? Your car's stance is perrrrrfect, but I want a wider tire, so I'm curious......And the way it sits is NASTY! What suspension is that, coilovers or just springs? Last question, how much for the trunklid? I've seen that beast and I love it, just wanna know price? Then I'll quit buggin you. Just trying to find some answers is all. Thanks in advance bro......
Old Mar 2, 2010 | 09:06 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CHASEREVO
THANK YOU! Now that's what I'm looking for!!!
Now what made you go with only a 245 tire, when you could easily have gone with a 265?? Rubbing?? Your car's stance is perrrrrfect, but I want a wider tire, so I'm curious......And the way it sits is NASTY! What suspension is that, coilovers or just springs? Last question, how much for the trunklid? I've seen that beast and I love it, just wanna know price? Then I'll quit buggin you. Just trying to find some answers is all. Thanks in advance bro......
I went with 245's because I made a mistake. Plain and simple. I'm sure I could get away with 265's without rubbing. My next tires will be at least a 265.

I am running the Stance GR+ Pro SS-D suspension that I picked up for a good deal from MAPerformance who is a vendor here on the site.

Pm Eric from Drivelinesales (whom you can find in the EvoX vendor section) for a price on the DoLuck trunklid. They are available with or without keyhole, and an FRP version will be available soon.
Old Mar 2, 2010 | 09:13 PM

Yeah, I've seen multiple threads from the Driveline guys. I just don't wanna bug them until I'm ready to purchase one, which is a few months out, I just wanted to know a roundabout figure is all. You can PM me if you're more comfortable with that. I've noticed people are very "hush-hush" with their prices on this site, lol. On the Mopar sites, poeple are much more open with their services and prices, they just throw it out there!! I'm just used to that, not trying to step on any toes. Thanks dude. Preciate the help. I'm gonna look up the suspension now.....