Notices
Evo X Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

*Request* Swift springs pics

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2010, 11:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
*Request* Swift springs pics

I was wondering if anyone could post pics of their Xs with Swift Springs? I'd like to get a few more examples(over the ones i've found searching) before I make a purchase. Feel free to share your experience with them also!

*I know i know, Coilovers are the way to go this and that yada-yada...but I'm getting married in 4 months and am kinda tight on cash until the end of the year . I'm just sick of seeing by baby sitting so high and I want to lower her while not messing up the handling...which is why I hear so much good stuff on Swift.

Thanks!

Last edited by WWIXMR; May 4, 2010 at 12:00 PM.
Old May 4, 2010, 12:00 PM
Evolved Member

here ya go!
Old May 4, 2010, 04:04 PM
Evolving Member

Swifts are a great decision. The stock shocks are very heavy duty and as long as you don't lower the car an absurd amount a la Eibachs or other "brand name" springs that simply go for maximum drop, you can get a dramatic improvement in both looks and handling without messing anything up at all. That being said, I am planning on buying some KW V3s in the summer for moar lowz.

The real night and day difference comes when I park next to a stock X.. Yikes!
Old May 4, 2010, 04:15 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks for the pics guys. Fortunately for you guys, they make the car look alot lower if you have the Aero kit. I have a GSR w/SSS and no Aero.
As much as I would love to get coilovers, I'm not ready to spend 2Gs on them. At the same time, I don't want to go out and spend $300+labor+alignment and be disappointed in the stance of the car. *Sigh* Decisions-decisions.
Old May 4, 2010, 04:17 PM
Evolved Member

Location: somewhere testing various tires, brakes, and suspensions.
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Swifts retain the performance of the car.

Originally Posted by WWIXMR
*I know i know, Coilovers are the way to go this and that yada-yada...but I'm getting married in 4 months and am kinda tight on cash until the end of the year . I'm just sick of seeing by baby sitting so high and I want to lower her while not messing up the handling...which is why I hear so much good stuff on Swift.!
And why are coil-overs the way to go?

Because they are not.

Last edited by Smike; May 4, 2010 at 04:19 PM.
Old May 4, 2010, 04:29 PM
Evolved Member

Properly set up, well done coilovers can be a lot better for actual track use.

For most people? Massive overkill. Sort of like dating a **** star. I can get off with a Sears catalog; I don't even know what to do with a **** star. She's too expensive, too confusing, too many switches and knobs and adjustments, and I need a professional to even get started with her.
Old May 4, 2010, 04:37 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SmikeEvo
And why are coil-overs the way to go?
Just by what I generally read on almost every "spring" thread that came up when I was comparing them.

Last edited by WWIXMR; May 4, 2010 at 04:41 PM.
Old May 4, 2010, 04:40 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by hotdog
massive overkill. Sort of like dating a **** star. I can get off with a sears catalog; i don't even know what to do with a **** star. She's too expensive, too confusing, too many switches and knobs and adjustments, and i need a professional to even get started with her.

rofl!

Sorry for getting more specific, does anyone have these intalled on an X w/out Aero?

Last edited by WWIXMR; May 4, 2010 at 04:42 PM.
Old May 4, 2010, 04:44 PM
Evolved Member

Location: somewhere testing various tires, brakes, and suspensions.
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

For most people? Massive overkill. Sort of like dating a **** star. I can get off with a Sears catalog; I don't even know what to do with a **** star. She's too expensive, too confusing, too many switches and knobs and adjustments, and I need a professional to even get started with her.
Bam. Exactly. And I like this.
Old May 4, 2010, 09:38 PM
Evolving Member

This is probably the best explanation of suspension shenanigans that I've ever heard. I've had coilovers on past cars. They rock, but there is definitely a lot of work that goes into getting them right.
As everyone has said, Swift springs actually do improve the handling of the car, not to mention the dramatic improvement in appearance. The difference is even more dramatic with some wider/lower offset wheels.
You won't be disappointed in these springs. (This coming from a guy who has always vowed that I would never put "just" lowering springs on a car, ever)
Old May 5, 2010, 06:06 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by johntesi
Swifts are a great decision. The stock shocks are very heavy duty and as long as you don't lower the car an absurd amount a la Eibachs or other "brand name" springs that simply go for maximum drop, you can get a dramatic improvement in both looks and handling without messing anything up at all. That being said, I am planning on buying some KW V3s in the summer for moar lowz.

The real night and day difference comes when I park next to a stock X.. Yikes!
To me, that is a perfect drop...then again, the Aero might be throwing my eyes off. Were these pics taken after they have settled?
Old May 5, 2010, 07:07 AM

I agree with Smike, this a great analogy! Being a suspension newbie myself this gives a really good idea of the differences, haha
Old May 5, 2010, 08:14 AM
Evolving Member

here are some shots of mine w/ swifts..

Old May 5, 2010, 09:06 AM
Evolving Member

swift looks good as long as u have a kit/lip
Old May 5, 2010, 09:43 AM
Evolving Member

I got my swifts installed a few weeks ago and they're great. The handling pretty much feels the same to me with maybe an edge better. The appearance is great. I had all my friends going "What a shame, its not low enough". Well, its perfect. I didn't want it slammed into the ground like some ricer. I wanted to reduce the wheel gap and make it a balanced looking machine. Get them, you won't regret the purchase at all!

ps - I'll try to post some pics later or tomorrow if I can. My PC at home bit the dust so I have to use the work PC.

Quick Reply: *Request* Swift springs pics