Notices
Evo X Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Attention all Tomei Expreme Ti Exhaust owners - Your feedback is requested!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2010, 07:04 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

DRIVELINEMOTORING

Name:  expreme_ti_main.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  74.6 KB

With the recent success and demand of Tomei's 'first affordable full-titanium exhaust' for the Evo 10, they would like to see how
their (indirect) customers are enjoying everything. For all owners of the Tomei Expreme Ti Exhaust and/or Test Pipe, please
chime in with your thoughts! Good commentary is always appreciated, however any concerns can be somewhat constructive as well.

Here is what they'd like to see:
  • Short thoughts on what you like about the Exhaust or Test Pipe
  • Other engine modifications you have installed (Tomei or non-Tomei related)
  • Total power output of your Evo 10
  • Pictures of your Evo, including a few of the installed exhaust

Tomei USA and Tomei Japan will be using your photos and comments on their website, annual news letter, and press releases. If
you have any questions regarding the Tomei exhaust, or this thread, please let us know. We're always happy to help in whatever
way we can!

Last edited by DrivelineSales; Jul 13, 2010 at 07:40 PM.
Old Jul 13, 2010, 07:29 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
saw that exhaust @ MOD this past weekend.. WOW. a thing of beauty!!

i wonder how loud it is with the TP...
The following users liked this post:
Jon012 (Jul 16, 2016)
Old Jul 13, 2010, 10:38 PM

That's my favourite exhaust style, full titanium+single exit. It is a loud exhaust, especially under 3500rpm, but after 5500rpm, the exhaust note turn into another kind of sound..(powerful!!..lol)
Right now i put the cat-back and test pipe on my X, i haven't get a tune for my car, almost stock....but i still can feel the gains at high rpm...due to it's a straight out exhaust, low back pressure cause lossing of low end torque.
Here is the link of sound testing video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrUL6ZCP-5k
Thaks again to Eric for helping me so much, i'm very satisfied with the exhaust and ur service!

Attention all Tomei Expreme Ti Exhaust owners - Your feedback is requested!-29.jpg

Attention all Tomei Expreme Ti Exhaust owners - Your feedback is requested!-31.jpg

Attention all Tomei Expreme Ti Exhaust owners - Your feedback is requested!-32.jpg

Attention all Tomei Expreme Ti Exhaust owners - Your feedback is requested!-33.jpg

Attention all Tomei Expreme Ti Exhaust owners - Your feedback is requested!-36.jpg

Last edited by FerrariEvo; Jul 13, 2010 at 10:40 PM.
Old Jul 13, 2010, 10:42 PM

Here are some mor pics..
Attention all Tomei Expreme Ti Exhaust owners - Your feedback is requested!-24.jpg

Attention all Tomei Expreme Ti Exhaust owners - Your feedback is requested!-25.jpg

Attention all Tomei Expreme Ti Exhaust owners - Your feedback is requested!-26.jpg

Attention all Tomei Expreme Ti Exhaust owners - Your feedback is requested!-27.jpg

Attention all Tomei Expreme Ti Exhaust owners - Your feedback is requested!-28.jpg
Old Jul 14, 2010, 03:11 AM

This is a fantastic exhaust. Im glad i made the decision to buy it cause in my opinion it is the best exhaust. You cant beat the price and weight for the exhaust. Like FerrariEvo said 3500rpm and under its quite loud but i love it lol. Since MOD2010 i have been thinking of purchasing the Tomei test pipe also. After hearing it on the Tomei Evo X there it sounded phenomenal. Thanks Tomei for another quality part and thanks Devin@SpeedElement for supplying me with one.

Last edited by brian1020; Jul 14, 2010 at 03:14 AM.
Old Jul 14, 2010, 07:42 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by FerrariEvo
That's my favourite exhaust style, full titanium+single exit. It is a loud exhaust, especially under 3500rpm, but after 5500rpm, the exhaust note turn into another kind of sound..(powerful!!..lol)
Right now i put the cat-back and test pipe on my X, i haven't get a tune for my car, almost stock....but i still can feel the gains at high rpm...due to it's a straight out exhaust, low back pressure cause lossing of low end torque.
Here is the link of sound testing video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrUL6ZCP-5k
Thaks again to Eric for helping me so much, i'm very satisfied with the exhaust and ur service!

Attachment 155420

Attachment 155421

Attachment 155422

Attachment 155423

Attachment 155424

NIce exhaust!! Scare the hell out of me when the silencer flew out!! hahaha..it would be funny if tomei use that on their site!!
Old Jul 14, 2010, 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by eling99
NIce exhaust!! Scare the hell out of me when the silencer flew out!! hahaha..it would be funny if tomei use that on their site!!
Hahaha..i just want to hear what the sound like if i put on the silencer, not screw on..so it flew out finally..lol
Old Jul 14, 2010, 03:54 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by FerrariEvo
Here is the link of sound testing video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrUL6ZCP-5kThaks again to Eric for helping me so much, i'm very satisfied with the exhaust and ur service!
Loving the silencer portion of the video! LOL. Good stuff.

Glad you are happy with everything, and thank you for posting all those pictures! We, along with Tomei, really appreciate it.
Old Jul 15, 2010, 12:01 AM

Name:  IMG_2863.jpg
Size:  60.8 KB

Name:  IMG_2840.jpg
Size:  94.3 KB

Name:  IMG_2839.jpg
Size:  76.2 KB

Name:  IMG_2836.jpg
Size:  41.3 KB
Old Jul 15, 2010, 12:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-VFmR54r1s

I'll have to get better pictures of the rear with it.

I'm making 352 WHP and 346 WTQ
-Tomei exhaust
-AMS downpipe
-AMS test pipe
-JUN 272/272 cams
-JUN springs and retainers
-ARC UICP
-ARC FMIC
-ARC air box
-HKS SSQV3
-Ivey Tune
Old Jul 15, 2010, 09:26 AM
Evolved Member

Fishstix how's the drone on the highway? I'm thinking about going with the same setup as you, but with AMS's HFC instead of their test pipe. The way I see it if it's not that bad at highway speeds for you then w/ the HFC I should be fine.
Old Jul 15, 2010, 03:17 PM
Evolving Member

I don't own one but I did hear a few people complaining about the springs coming off? Not sure if this was resolved.
Old Jul 15, 2010, 03:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by tjac357
Fishstix how's the drone on the highway? I'm thinking about going with the same setup as you, but with AMS's HFC instead of their test pipe. The way I see it if it's not that bad at highway speeds for you then w/ the HFC I should be fine.
The drone is definitly there.
I ran it with the AMS HFC too. Still drones. Did you buy the HFC yet? I have one for sale with only 1000 miles on it. Save yourself $75!
Old Jul 15, 2010, 10:02 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Fishstix
The drone is definitly there.
I ran it with the AMS HFC too. Still drones. Did you buy the HFC yet? I have one for sale with only 1000 miles on it. Save yourself $75!
Yep, it's on the car already. Wish I could take it off your hands though. Thanks though, I appreciate the info.
Old Jul 19, 2010, 01:36 PM
Former Sponsor

Let's keep this thread going

Quick Reply: Attention all Tomei Expreme Ti Exhaust owners - Your feedback is requested!