Notices
Evo X Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

So I went out to my Evo and saw this...

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2010, 07:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jimbowned
I take offense to that. I used to own a 91 GA and didn't have any incidents within 2 years of owning it.Maybe Chicago drivers just can't drive for sh*t?
My gf's mom drives a grand am. She is a terribleeeeeee driver! And a backseat driver to boot.
Old Sep 3, 2010, 08:00 AM

So the guy lives right next to you and you just had him arrested?

I see vandalism in your future.
Old Sep 3, 2010, 08:24 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Jimbowned
I take offense to that. I used to own a 91 GA and didn't have any incidents within 2 years of owning it.Maybe Chicago drivers just can't drive for sh*t?
most drivers cant drive, not saying there are no good drivers, but take a drive through our lovely highways and count how many drivers speed for no reason, dont signal when switching lanes( at the worst possible time), cut you off, go really slow to a point where they almost come to a stop when making turns.

I have just noticed that in my experiece, most were grand am owners!!! (silver or red to be more specific) thats it. so when i say most drivers, thus meaning not all drivers.
Old Sep 3, 2010, 08:27 AM
Evolving Member

GM driver? Probably doesn't even know s/he hit your car. Was probably drunk.

F'ing GM owners.
Old Sep 3, 2010, 09:21 AM
Evolving Member

**** sorry to hear, glad you found the guy.

I think the GM owner thought he "WOODRUN" (the name of the street you live on) and hide and get away with it.
Old Sep 3, 2010, 09:23 AM
Evolving Member

Press charges.
I was recently sideswiped while driving on the freeway to the office. B!tch acted like she didn't even know it happened. She even denied it after I had to chase her into the next town with hazards on, flashing brights and CHP intercepting her (finally!). The more of these people we get off the road the better everyone elses insurance rates and peace of mind will be.

Did I mention she had the nerve to flip us off after it happened too?
Old Sep 3, 2010, 09:24 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Greedy_son
**** sorry to hear, glad you found the guy.

I think the GM owner thought he "WOODRUN" (the name of the street you live on) and hide and get away with it.
Rimshot!
Old Sep 3, 2010, 09:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Kinda hard to deny he hit you, that bumper left a pretty distinct mark, but he finallly fessed up so hopefully it will be resolved. Sucks though.
Old Sep 3, 2010, 10:02 AM

Thats convenient that the guy lives right by you, I always park far back in parking lots as well to avoid door dings and the dreaded cart being pushed into your car. Glad everything is getting worked out. Just don't expect it to be over with him after he gets through the system and is back home depending what kind of guy he is.
Old Sep 3, 2010, 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by MR. EVO MR
I know your pissed, I would be too.
I wouldn't of pressed charges like that.
After he admitted he did it and didn't fess up? Yeaah, I'm a nice guy, but not that nice.

There's no way I would let that slide. Glad you found out who did it, that sense of closure is really worth it for peace of mind. Victory for all those times random people have keyed cars and got away with it!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111111111111
Old Sep 3, 2010, 10:15 AM

Sad thing that people just don't care what they do and it took a cop being there to admit they were wrong. I had something similar happen to my Vette at my job's parking lot...but I had an idea who it was but I had to call the person for them to admit it. Good thing is his insurance fixed my ride...btw the Vette's body panels are pretty fragile. Hope you get everything fixed.

Last edited by NeoTrunks; Sep 3, 2010 at 10:19 AM.
Old Sep 3, 2010, 10:32 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MR. EVO MR

I know your pissed, I would be too.
I wouldn't of pressed charges like that.
I totally agree because by doing that he just made an enemy for life. Personally I would have gone up to the guy alone and try to work it out things mano y mano, and if that didn't work threaten him with a law suit. It's not like the guy raped his daughter or something like that.

OP,

Don't be suprised to see you Evo all keyed up someday from this guy for snitching him out to the cops.
Old Sep 3, 2010, 10:40 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by DarwinX
I totally agree because by doing that he just made an enemy for life. Personally I would have gone up to the guy alone and try to work it out things mano y mano, and if that didn't work threaten him with a law suit. It's not like the guy raped his daughter or something like that.

OP,

Don't be suprised to see you Evo all keyed up someday from this guy for snitching him out to the cops.
The guy got what he deserved, Its terrible to think that people do things these days, just because they think they can get away with it. The guy MADE THE DECISION TO DRIVE AWAY after he hit his Evo. He made his bed, and now he has to lay in it.
Old Sep 3, 2010, 10:50 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by DarwinX

OP,

Sad but true.

I would have done the same thing, tried to work it out with the owner of the car, and not cause neighborhood drama by pressing charges on the hit & run. If it were me I would have had the cop take a physical report of the situation as well as a detailed report for both insurance providers so there is 100% proof that he was the one who admittedly caused the damage, and left it @ that (told the officer that I didn't want to press charges, but want the city & law enforcement agency in which the crime was committed to note it as well as give it a physical case #).

I for see your car becoming a target of a hate crime every time your X is parked outside on the street. Sad thing is, it won't even be him who does it, it will be a couple of friends or someone he knows doing his dirty work. Sometimes when you think you've done the right thing, and justice is being served...it is...in all the worse ways.

Good Luck! Keep an eye on your car though.

Last edited by HR2L; Sep 3, 2010 at 10:58 AM.
Old Sep 3, 2010, 10:57 AM
Evolving Member

the guy commited a crime.. he made the choice. He deserves 2 get charged with it.

Quick Reply: So I went out to my Evo and saw this...