Notices
Evo X Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

So I went out to my Evo and saw this...

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2010, 11:06 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SubieEvoGuy
the guy commited a crime.. he made the choice. He deserves 2 get charged with it.
I completely agree, do the crime, do the time. But sometimes retribution/pay back can be a *****...a real *****. Reminds me of my old Honda days, and being part of a crew. Always had to be conscious of where I parked my car, because the haters always were out to let me know how much they hated and how they love to express their hate. Its a two way street, it always is. Though you never know, maybe the guy isn't that type of "vindictive" attitude and it will just be nothing more then a grudge now between neighbors. But something tells me that won't be the case, call it a hunch as well as "personal experience".
Old Sep 3, 2010, 11:17 AM
Evolving Member

keep an eye on your ride brother, cuz he can come back and trash your car and it will be harder to prove that he did it.
Old Sep 3, 2010, 11:17 AM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I HATE red cars. I learned never to park next to any of them. The past few cars I had were all hit by red cars, leaving red paint (what I think of as blood from my car).
Old Sep 3, 2010, 12:08 PM
Evolving Member

just keep a camera running from ur window 2 look at ur car when u got 2 bed, if u wake up and something happend u can just review the video.
Old Sep 3, 2010, 12:17 PM

yoo nice job catching that @sshole!!!
Old Sep 3, 2010, 12:27 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SubieEvoGuy
just keep a camera running from ur window 2 look at ur car when u got 2 bed, if u wake up and something happend u can just review the video.
Good luck with that one. Hope your night vision is good!
Old Sep 3, 2010, 12:55 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by HR2L
Sad but true.

I would have done the same thing, tried to work it out with the owner of the car, and not cause neighborhood drama by pressing charges on the hit & run. If it were me I would have had the cop take a physical report of the situation as well as a detailed report for both insurance providers so there is 100% proof that he was the one who admittedly caused the damage, and left it @ that (told the officer that I didn't want to press charges, but want the city & law enforcement agency in which the crime was committed to note it as well as give it a physical case #).

I for see your car becoming a target of a hate crime every time your X is parked outside on the street. Sad thing is, it won't even be him who does it, it will be a couple of friends or someone he knows doing his dirty work. Sometimes when you think you've done the right thing, and justice is being served...it is...in all the worse ways.

Good Luck! Keep an eye on your car though.
I agree with this. Although if it weren't a neighbor I would have pressed the charges. I've always tried to make friends with neighbors as, well, you do have to live by them for a long time. Who knows, maybe one day this will happen again and the neighbor you had arrested is the only sole witness to the crime. Think he'll help you out?, heck no.
Old Sep 4, 2010, 03:59 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Kiloalpha
aw F man.. sorry to see that.

When you say "check ride" what are you referring to? Pilot or something else
Yeah, I'm in flight school for the Army.

The situation with the guys is that he livessomewhere else as I found out. In the pics, he is parked in front of his friends house. I was just lucky enough for him to be stupid enough to drive back and park his car there. I thought hard about not pressing charges and just letting the insurance companies work it out, but the guy had no remorse at all. I'm not worried about the vandilism thing. I've got a 0 deductable on my Comprehensive coverage specificaly for people who dont like fast looking "foreign" cars. I'm not worried about the relalitation. Enterprise Alabama is not a big town at all and the cops know this guy. I've also come up with different parking arrangements. It was a tuff decision for me to make because of the natural compassion you want to show, but this guy just had no remorse. I think Either way, it is a small victory for all of us who never found the guy who did this to us and got away with it.

Last edited by Tachyon56; Sep 4, 2010 at 04:11 AM.
Old Sep 4, 2010, 05:08 PM
Evolving Member

Did you pass your check ride? haha

I've got my pre-check next week...

And glad you caught the guy.
Old Sep 4, 2010, 09:19 PM
Evolving Member

DAMN. Sorry to hear about the damage bro.

It's so clear and obvious in the pics that the grand am guy did it.
Old Sep 4, 2010, 09:32 PM

So i get it that its a hit and run... but how did he manage to hit you with his back left bumper? he must have been reversing or drifting and lets face it, its a grand am... why the **** would he go in reverse around that corner just to park 50 feet away?
Old Sep 5, 2010, 05:46 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Olaboy808
Did you pass your check ride? haha

I've got my pre-check next week...

And glad you caught the guy.

haha, yeah I passed the check ride. Moving to my advanced Aircraft now. Good luck on yours.
Old Sep 5, 2010, 06:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Hey my wife's cousin is in flight school at Ft. Rucker right now... He's gonna be a heli pilot when he's done (hopefully).

Glad you caught the guy!
Old Sep 5, 2010, 10:14 PM

I'm glad you caught the guy, I hate seeing this and knowing that the doucher is still on the loose. But I thought about how he actually managed to hit your car and I bet he was going way to fast and tried to drift that POS lost it and smacked your ride. Like I said though, good to hear you caught him, drop the book on his dumb a$$!!!
Old Sep 18, 2010, 03:36 PM

What checkride did you take?

I have a CFII checkride on Tuesday, starting to get to me.

Glad everything got worked out.

Quick Reply: So I went out to my Evo and saw this...