Notices
Evo X Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

STM's Number Ten (2011 WW SSL)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2011, 02:47 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks NinjaSocks! Nice screen name!

Added in the Hotchkis Rear Sway Bar:
More Here

It's dirty now, guess I will just have to take more pictures later
Old Mar 21, 2011, 02:52 PM
Evolving Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by 4g63girl
Drive it like you stole it.

That's right!
Old Mar 21, 2011, 02:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Any word on those alignment specs, Shawna? Have you driven with the Hotchkis rear sway bar yet? Let us know!

-Jalal
Old Mar 24, 2011, 11:01 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by MJ23FE
Any word on those alignment specs, Shawna? Have you driven with the Hotchkis rear sway bar yet? Let us know!

-Jalal
It's currently buried under snow again

But we also installed a new HKS Super Hybrid Filter

http://www.streettunedmotorsports.co...vox_intake.htm

I have to dig it out today and head to work, so I'll let you know if it changes the sound at all. It DOES get rid of the ridgey things on the stock air filter which were bugging the crap out of me when detailing because they hold and catch dirt and salt! The HKS has a nice smooth surface. It came with a cool red sticker, but I think we don't need it.

...and the HKS box is super JDM, holographic, rainbowy, awesome.
Old Mar 24, 2011, 11:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
New goodies, yumm!
Old Mar 24, 2011, 01:23 PM
Former Sponsor

Well, I can definitely hear the turbo a bit more through this new intake.
Old Mar 24, 2011, 02:44 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Woo hoo keep us updated, I'm seriously thinking of taking the plunge and going from a ix to a ww x with the same options
Old Mar 25, 2011, 01:47 AM
Evolving Member

Thanks!! I love the heated seats! It has to be really warm for me to shut them off. Still learning this car, but I took it to work last night and the high beams light up the WORLD! Even more so than the VIII. They're crazy! It's all these dark twisty woodsy back roads.

Tell you what though, this car is insane on the expressway. I feel like I'm in a video game. People need to GTFO or I'm going around them... I might get in trouble in this car.

I was just stalking your post on your new car. The stance looks great!
A girl said that....awesome!!!
Old Mar 25, 2011, 11:52 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by rashid.4v
A girl said that....awesome!!!

My sister is worse... once she is done with med school... she might get a X. She really loves this car. There's a time and a place though. Neither of us are maniacs.
Old Mar 25, 2011, 12:07 PM

How is the quality of the leather seats?
Old Mar 25, 2011, 12:31 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by manofdafam
How is the quality of the leather seats?
Extremely nice! They are very soft. It's not "thick" leather at all. It smells awesome.

I have rubbed them with Adam's Leather Conditioner 3 times now, and they are still absorbing it. I want to make sure they are well conditioned and stay nice.

They are nicer than the VIII leather. I have to admit.

They are still the standard manual-crank recline Recaro seats. They are really high-backed. If you are stuck in the back seat... you can't see a darn thing.
Old Mar 26, 2011, 03:44 AM
Evolving Member

My sister is worse... once she is done with med school... she might get a X. She really loves this car. There's a time and a place though. Neither of us are maniacs.
Lol, this thread is so full of win(cliché). A girl having fun with a X then yapping about it, and wow something smart comes out of her mouth.
Annnd, she has a sis in meds school who also likes Evos...okay stop daydreaming, back on topic.
Not for nothing but this thread is waaay better than another thread out there that has a chick and a EvoX, yet nothing was ever really been said or talked about in regards to the car. Just some swim suit spam bs.

Any way thanks for these updates. I feel that I knew all needed to know about the X but your girly perspective provides another vantage point which has revealed some new insight. It's also a big plus that there are simple comparisons in contrast to previous gen Evos.
Good review sis, keep up the good work and more pics.

Wait... did she say she say "she" washed the car and named her Number Ten, yeap.
That's wifey **** right there people.
Old Mar 26, 2011, 05:48 AM
Evolving Member

It's currently buried under snow again

But we also installed a new HKS Super Hybrid Filter

http://www.streettunedmotorsports.co...vox_intake.htm

I have to dig it out today and head to work, so I'll let you know if it changes the sound at all. It DOES get rid of the ridgey things on the stock air filter which were bugging the crap out of me when detailing because they hold and catch dirt and salt! The HKS has a nice smooth surface. It came with a cool red sticker, but I think we don't need it.

...and the HKS box is super JDM, holographic, rainbowy, awesome.

Hey shawna i just installed this on my car yesterday great minds think alike. You know how us girls do lol
Old Mar 26, 2011, 11:50 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by awilli1715k
Hey shawna i just installed this on my car yesterday great minds think alike. You know how us girls do lol
I hope you can come to some of the events this year! We are going to Carlisle Performance and style in PA May 14-15 weekend

(then weekend after my cousin graduates from West Point! Kudos to him! )

Then May 28-29 is the Buschur Racing / Motovicity IDRC weekend which was a GREAT event last year! I definitely plan on competing in the X.

I hope you can make one of them! I'd love to meet you... and Sarah!
Old Mar 26, 2011, 12:08 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by rashid.4v
Lol, this thread is so full of win(cliché). A girl having fun with a X then yapping about it, and wow something smart comes out of her mouth.
Annnd, she has a sis in meds school who also likes Evos...okay stop daydreaming, back on topic.
Not for nothing but this thread is waaay better than another thread out there that has a chick and a EvoX, yet nothing was ever really been said or talked about in regards to the car. Just some swim suit spam bs.

Any way thanks for these updates. I feel that I knew all needed to know about the X but your girly perspective provides another vantage point which has revealed some new insight. It's also a big plus that there are simple comparisons in contrast to previous gen Evos.
Good review sis, keep up the good work and more pics.

Wait... did she say she say "she" washed the car and named her Number Ten, yeap.
That's wifey **** right there people.

I'm glad I could help open your eyes and make your EvoM experience just that much more stimulating I still have a lot of learning to do, but I generally do well at the track. I get a good 60' and can back-half like crazy! Being small has its advantages, but I don't have the strength to really power through the gears.

This X is quite a bit easier to handle though. My last Evo VIII was overly intimidating. It revved to 9k and pulled like a freight-train all the way through. I was... inadequate. I had a great day at the track on the stock turbo/stock motor running mid 11's, but once it turned into a demon, it was very much out of my abilities. The track staff wasn't about to let a 100 pound girl "test and tune" a 9 second car with no cage, but let me tell you I let that car HAVE IT one day in Ohio! Launched at 7 grand... WHAP PAP PAP PAP PAP!!! got slammed to the back of the seat for a split second, then SNAP! That was an axle. Still quite proud that I broke an axle though.

Needless to say, the X will be much easier to learn and develop skills. I need to get better... not the car. Before the VIII, I had a bunch of DSM's, but that black Evo really meant something to me.

Here's some good pictures and videos of that car:
http://www.streettunedmotorsports.co...l/4g63girl.htm

That car is BAD ***.

Quick Reply: STM's Number Ten (2011 WW SSL)