Notices
Evo X Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

STM's Number Ten (2011 WW SSL)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2011, 02:34 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Awesome Shawn, glad too see you guys got all moved around.

My car is still running fantastic and with 305whp on your dyno I was able to do 7.9@88mph in the 1/8th mile!

Can't wait for next year when I'm back for a turbo upgrade. I have some questions also about labor, should I shoot Emery a PM?
Old Aug 4, 2011, 03:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think the 300/300 you dyno'd sounds a little more realistic than the 330/330 on the old one, but hey, i could be 100% wrong. who the hell am i!? lol

The Continental's you had on the car before were All-Seasons so you are definitely going to like the Advans & Dunlops more! Any reason why you didn't go wider on the tire? My guess is so that you didn't have to worry about rubbing with your drop, correct?

Car looks great regardless!

-Jalal
Old Aug 4, 2011, 04:51 PM

Subscribed....

I know where I'm taking my X when I finally purchase one!!! Awesome to see a WNY shop playing with an X. I'll have to come up and check the shop out. Keep up the great work.
Old Aug 5, 2011, 12:53 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks guys! Yeah, did not want to mess around with rubbing issues on the tires.

HAHAV8, yes, give Emery a shout, or give us a call at the shop. 585-226-8226.

Mitsulover, definitely give us a ring when you get your X! And how bout that 3s? We just finished up a beautiful 3000gt, and Austin's 10 second stock-turbo Stealth is going through a serious transformation this year. Actually, we have a black 3000gt on the dyno as I type.

-Shawna
Old Aug 6, 2011, 09:52 AM

Oh snap.... now i'm going to have to call the shop and have a chat. (I am craving some Dinosaur Barbeque) To be honest I didn't even know STM was around till you started this thread. Shows how much I know about WNY! Keep us updated!!

[QUOTE=4g63girl;9512806]Mitsulover, definitely give us a ring when you get your X! And how bout that 3s? We just finished up a beautiful 3000gt, and Austin's 10 second stock-turbo Stealth is going through a serious transformation this year. Actually, we have a black 3000gt on the dyno as I type.
Old Aug 6, 2011, 10:37 AM
Evolved Member

[quote=Mitsulover;9514574]Oh snap.... now i'm going to have to call the shop and have a chat. (I am craving some Dinosaur Barbeque) To be honest I didn't even know STM was around till you started this thread. Shows how much I know about WNY! Keep us updated!!

So you never heard of "RICER"
Old Aug 8, 2011, 04:35 PM
Former Sponsor

lol^^

I will admit, we haven't really pushed "STM" on the X community. I guess we just need the drive to do it. We've had a few X's in the shop as projects. One hit the One Lap of America and placed very well running an STM built GTX30R turbo kit along with a STM fuel surge tank and a lot of other parts.

Another local X is running an Exedy twin, Tomei cams, STM intake, STM tuned... His goal is to take the stock turbo X record.

Now, I JUST (like my fingers are still wrinkled) went outside and washed a beautiful black on black Evo IX... much like petting a very loved cat EXACTLY like the one that just died

BUT.

I kinda like the X.

That black VIII I had will ALWAYS be my favorite (aside from Ricer of course) but we've definitely proved "STM can do that" with the VIII-IX.

8 second "street car"
9 second, full weight daily
First stock motor in the 9's
Still holding onto the highest trap speeds on a stock block
Not to mention the 500+ HP evo's out there daily driving
and currently building a stock turbo/stock motor potential 9 second evo.

I think it's time for the X to...

-Shawna

Last edited by 4g63girl; Aug 8, 2011 at 04:37 PM.
Old Aug 8, 2011, 05:56 PM
Evolving Member

just read the whole thread, good stuff. still not sold on the X though... there's enough electronic crap and sensors on the CT9A platform as it is, i don't need my car to park, sit, stay or wipe for me! i've given them a chance and you're right, it doesn't compare to the VIII. what would be cool though, is a shoot with all the cars listed in your sig, if it hasn't been done already
Old Aug 8, 2011, 07:38 PM
Evolved Member

The X can do everything the 8/9 can for sure, some stuff better some stuff worse...but making it all out fast in a straight line is not as easy for sure. It will test you.

I still say buy a 9 or an 8 even for a drag type car, much more straight forward.
Old Aug 8, 2011, 09:13 PM
Former Sponsor

The X is a nicer car than the VIII-IX. Let's just be honest. The 4B11.

I bet if this X had a 4g63 in it, I would have no problems, no complaints and nothing to hold me back from saying the X $hits on the old Evo's and DSM's. NOTHING.

But I can't. It's in my head.

It will be a never ending argument and it will battle on. No matter how nice, fast, comfortable or clean... the 4g63 was my first love. And no matter how much I like this car, defend it and enjoy it... it's just missing something... and that's it. That's what sets it apart. The heart of the beast. The cat's only got 9 lives... just ain't gonna be the same the 10th time around.

But none the less, this is what I have now. Of all the cars I've had and been proud of, this will be another. I will vow to keep her flawlessly clean, take nice pictures and drive the snot out of her. 17,000 miles (to Harry Potter World and back) and still gorgeous.

And a little inspiration... light as a feather, right?
Old Aug 8, 2011, 09:20 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 4g63girl

I bet if this X had a 4g63 in it, I would have no problems, no complaints and nothing to hold me back from saying the X $hits on the old Evo's and DSM's. NOTHING.

It will be a never ending argument and it will battle on. No matter how nice, fast, comfortable or clean... the 4g63 was my first love. And no matter how much I like this car, defend it and enjoy it... it's just missing something... and that's it. That's what sets it apart. The heart of the beast. The cat's only got 9 lives... just ain't gonna be the same the 10th time around.

But none the less, this is what I have now. Of all the cars I've had and been proud of, this will be another. I will vow to keep her flawlessly clean, take nice pictures and drive the snot out of her. 17,000 miles (to Harry Potter World and back) and still gorgeous.
i guess i'm just more biased than other people, once i'm dead set on how i feel about something i stick to my guns. they do look nice, especially on some wide wheels and stanced properly, but i could never own one. under the circumstances i would drive the snot out of her too. props to STM for nice products, and mitsu for the pretty white girls (evos)
Old Aug 8, 2011, 09:20 PM
Evolved Member

^Nice pics!

I'd say the 4b11 is the better part of the X...its far more efficient than the 4g63. Its still way too new to compare it to the trusty old 4g63 though, the 4g was around for decades to get it to where it is now.

The x is just heavy, its only weakness imo. But you are right, its an endless debate. I still consider it an evo as the 8/9 and they all have their ups/downs and are both very enjoyable cars.

Keep the pics coming!
Old Aug 9, 2011, 03:42 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 4g63girl

And a little inspiration... light as a feather, right?
It's cool write up and I understand Your feelings very well. I used to had a 9 MR, and when I was first time driving an X, after 30 minutes, I was told "it's not Evo anymore"... Was too soft, too quiet and everything "too".
Now we have here in Poland few full street 500 HP X's and this cars are really fast with all comfort that X can give. I think I would give this car a chance
Old Aug 9, 2011, 04:43 AM

Awsome thread shawn. X's are alright thats all im gonna say. It is pretty dope when u can spend 750$ and have 330 wheel horse as compared to a 8 or 9 where u would need 1-2k. Plus drivetrain $$. But i think em should just build the ricer 2 haha
Old Aug 10, 2011, 12:07 AM

just read through this entire thread (need to go back through and save a bunch of pictures)
Please keep this updated I really enjoy your opinions and experiences with the mods and the thread reads kind of like a story, great photos and good work all around. This thread really makes me want to buy a brand new X instead of an 08 leather and a sunroof would be nice.

I'd appreciate more detailed review of the megan tracks if you could, and what brake pads are you running?

Also what software/cables etc is STM using for tuning and I don't see any gauges or anything for monitoring?

Can't wait to see where this goes, hopefully not into a drag car but I'll be following anyway.

Oh and your Black VIII is ridiculous nice, I'm sure the new owner is very happy.

Quick Reply: STM's Number Ten (2011 WW SSL)