Notices
Evo X Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

STM's Number Ten (2011 WW SSL)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2011, 06:48 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
^^Thank you!

The Megan Track coilovers are a bit noisy. Like I said earlier, we tried them because they are affordable and as much as I do love purple, I don't think the D2's would have looked right in the engine bay with the red and white. Much like a Valentines day card.

So, ride-wise, and I mean just normal, everyday go to work, go home... they are very decent for a lowered car. When I autocrossed this car... I felt like I was cheating. It was a walk in the park and I was keeping with the times of other experienced Evo drivers. I know anything I do to a car's suspension is going to have its compromises. On a nice road they are great. Hitting corners on the street... does this: Very stiff, very responsive and it really feels "like it should" (if that makes sense.)

As with any other mod, I never really appreciated what I had until I drove someone else's car. Take my black VIII for example... I complained about the "turbo lag" with my 35r kit, until I drove a stock turbo Evo for a few days... then it was boost and spool all the time, bov up in everyone's business... made me appreciate what I had all the more.

As was the case with the Megan coilovers. They do "bing" and "bong" and make random cartoon-sounding noises (which I try and mimic ) and they are quite rough over bumps but I drove another, identical 2011 white X... and I found it SLOPPY

I missed my suspension. That's what made the X feel "like it should."

The FP Red in that particular test-driven X though is another story all together

I would also like to go for a ride in one of our customer's Evo X's. He has the D2's in his car and I'd like to compare them to the Megan Track's.

But, enough for now, gotta go... Another road trip for the X. To Ohio we go.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 07:07 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Great looking X! Very clean! Do you guys have big plans for this car? BTW what happened to the Black 8 car shawna, i know you guys parted it out and everything is the car gone?
Old Aug 10, 2011, 08:48 AM
Former Sponsor

Yeah the black viii was parted and sold. I could have kept it, as much as I loved it, but it had too many miles. 150,000 is too many for me. If I kept it I would have had it up over 200,000 in no time. I kept a lot of the custom purple parts. I'll do it again. Someday. With lower miles.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 08:54 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 4g63girl
Yeah the black viii was parted and sold. I could have kept it, as much as I loved it, but it had too many miles. 150,000 is too many for me. If I kept it I would have had it up over 200,000 in no time. I kept a lot of the custom purple parts. I'll do it again. Someday. With lower miles.
That car was a beast, a true street car running 9s I agree with you on the 150,000 miles part. That is a lot and by this time like you said you would probably have over 200k. The X is nice, i would enjoy it for awhile. Evos arent going anywhere (even though clean and non beat up ones are hard to find)
Old Aug 10, 2011, 08:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I love this thread. It completely reminds me of how big of a douche I am for trading in my X for a BMW.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 09:20 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by BigT
I love this thread. It completely reminds me of how big of a douche I am for trading in my X for a BMW.
Lol! Well I'm currently riding along to Ohio to pick up yet another car... I get to drive her home.

Pics later.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 09:46 AM
Account Disabled

Lol! Well I'm currently riding along to Ohio to pick up yet another car... I get to drive her home.

Pics later.
I hope Emery posts some pics via facebook...I want to see what it is!

And did I see something about a stock turbo/motor 9 second evo?? Thats nonsense, haha...details!!
Old Aug 10, 2011, 09:52 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by B.J.@ToxicFab

And did I see something about a stock turbo/motor 9 second evo?? Thats nonsense, haha...details!!
We will have pics soon! I like suspense.

And yeah... I'll get a build thread started soon. Not sure if we will hit that goal but we will try like hell!!!!
Old Aug 10, 2011, 09:54 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pics later.

ooooh reallllyyyy, cant wait.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 12:44 PM
Account Disabled

We will have pics soon! I like suspense.
I think I figured it out...is this car silver with some sweet blue flames on it??
Old Aug 10, 2011, 01:13 PM
Former Sponsor

I think I figured it out...is this car silver with some sweet blue flames on it??

Nope
Old Aug 11, 2011, 10:13 AM

^^Thank you!

The Megan Track coilovers are a bit noisy. Like I said earlier, we tried them because they are affordable and as much as I do love purple, I don't think the D2's would have looked right in the engine bay with the red and white. Much like a Valentines day card.

So, ride-wise, and I mean just normal, everyday go to work, go home... they are very decent for a lowered car. When I autocrossed this car... I felt like I was cheating. It was a walk in the park and I was keeping with the times of other experienced Evo drivers. I know anything I do to a car's suspension is going to have its compromises. On a nice road they are great. Hitting corners on the street... does this: Very stiff, very responsive and it really feels "like it should" (if that makes sense.)

As with any other mod, I never really appreciated what I had until I drove someone else's car. Take my black VIII for example... I complained about the "turbo lag" with my 35r kit, until I drove a stock turbo Evo for a few days... then it was boost and spool all the time, bov up in everyone's business... made me appreciate what I had all the more.

As was the case with the Megan coilovers. They do "bing" and "bong" and make random cartoon-sounding noises (which I try and mimic ) and they are quite rough over bumps but I drove another, identical 2011 white X... and I found it SLOPPY

I missed my suspension. That's what made the X feel "like it should."

The FP Red in that particular test-driven X though is another story all together

I would also like to go for a ride in one of our customer's Evo X's. He has the D2's in his car and I'd like to compare them to the Megan Track's.

But, enough for now, gotta go... Another road trip for the X. To Ohio we go.
Thanks for this Really appreciate the comparisons and your writing style if that makes sense. Please keep this up as you continue with the car. I'll be following. I'm planning to get a X in a few months and planning to build it so this really helps. Definitely going to try and ride along in other cars that have mods I'm thinking of getting before purchasing or at least get reviews from people who own them.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 01:20 PM

Is that a washer jug in the trunk access door there? Sorry I have a RA so I don't have that portion as you do.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 01:58 PM
Evolving Member

Yeah, the battery and washer fluid are in the trunk.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 11:28 PM
Former Sponsor

That's all I got right now for pictures, (Emery stalked me at the gas station ) but I have some very nice pictures I'll get together tomorrow. It really is a beautiful car. It makes me realize what I miss from driving the X and what I appreciate.

Also made me see again how sexy the X is going down the road I spend so much time inside the X, I never get to appreciate it going down the street. Usually I get to admire everyone else's evo's, but no one around here has a white X... not many X's really at all.

It really is a gorgeous car. I'll give her a bath this weekend and take some more pictures if the weather is nice. A few days ago I washed a black IX right in front of her! Then today, spent all day getting the bugs off the GSX... while her front bumper was a crime scene. It's like petting one cat while the other just sits there giving you "the look."

She needs love.

Quick Reply: STM's Number Ten (2011 WW SSL)