Notices
Evo X Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

STM's Number Ten (2011 WW SSL)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2011, 03:16 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
So now that I'm not all cracked out on medicine, I realize that if Emery came home with a SSL VIII-IX, my final post in this thread would be...

F YOU 4B11!!! I'm OUT!

That's the truth of it.

The X is too nice of a daily driver to screw with. I've been back and forth with what the plan is, but honestly, I still don't know.

So I guess until something actually starts to happen I will STFU, and take pretty pictures.
Old Sep 3, 2011, 03:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Haha, im the same way. While I love driving the 10, I just couldnt dig into it like an 8 or 9 and try to make big power.
Old Sep 3, 2011, 04:40 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You should do a BBX Lite setup or FP green with all supporting mods.

Quick, stock-like spool, with good top-end, and should be able to hit 390-400whp on your MD, without cams. That is the setup I'm going with. I want enough power where it will rip pretty damn good, and still have a great daily driving setup.
Old Sep 7, 2011, 09:36 PM
Former Sponsor

Now that I've come to terms with this car and we are on the same page... I will appreciate her and what she has to offer, and she will love me in return with a fresh, leather interior, warm butt and a vengeance to rip tarmac like no other.

And just to make her happy, because I have been insulting her non stop, I've gotten more compliments to the X than any other car. At least twice a day someone will take a moment to tell me what a lovely car that is. Tonight someone asked if I did anything different, looking extra sexy today. New parking spot FTW. But I will continue to keep her in the back corner.

And, I will be designing the annual Pumpkin around the X.
Old Sep 8, 2011, 09:02 AM
Evolved Member

You need to buy an Evo IX - I can sell you mine , its got only 15,500 miles, 06 ix se with nice mods.

Old Sep 8, 2011, 10:55 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by romogst
You need to buy an Evo IX - I can sell you mine , its got only 15,500 miles, 06 ix se with nice mods.
I need a sunroof. If I'm gonna do it again, there will be no compromises. Gotta be a SSL. I wouldn't mind doing the grey with the purple, because the stock Mitsu black paint sucks, and I don't like aftermarket paint jobs. But it's gotta have a sunroof.

Beautiful car though
Old Sep 8, 2011, 11:10 AM
Evolved Member

Youll have a beautiful car 4g63girl regardless
Old Sep 8, 2011, 12:15 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by LGshow19
Youll have a beautiful car 4g63girl regardless
Old Sep 8, 2011, 12:52 PM

I get to see this car often, and it is amazing with just the wheels and drop alone. awesome DD too, i have to say. it sucks to hear the struggle that youre having internally about what to do with her. Seems like in the past few posts youve made up your mind (somewhat). Hell, ive been trying to get one since they came out and im stuck in another lancer payment for 5 years. The only way to happiness here is to build this thing. You miss the black one, understandably, that thing was a beast and looked damn fine. But, to get the best of both worlds i would start really getting in to this thing and I think you would be quite happy. Those are my 2 cents. BTW over the winter i may be installing a RA turbo, may need some custom pipes and work done hope you guys are up to it.
Old Sep 8, 2011, 01:07 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts
Originally Posted by 4g63girl
There-in lies my problem. I am surrounded by STM Evo's. And I am constantly comparing this X to my last VIII, which is completely unfair. Some days I want to put this car into a tree because I miss the black car, and some days I love the white car and think of all the obnoxious things the black car did.

For one thing, I know I will never be able to go back to a DSM (at least not as my main love). No HID's. It's that simple. (I don't believe in FAKE-ID's. They look terrible.)

If I was to drive a stock VIII vs the X... the VIII is a pile of $hit. I am comfortable saying that.

But at the track... the 4g63's are DOMINATING with mild mods. Granted, I do need practice... but apparently I also need a clutch. I do not like being at the bottom of the totem pole. In the black car, no one would race me because I'd destroy them, in the white car no one will race me... because they would be wasting their time.

So... build the X?

But then I'm right back with the complete opposite reason I like the car... quiet and comfortable. That Exedy twin is not going to be fun on my skinny left thigh, and nothing like the triple in the black car, then I have to deal with exhaust tickets and BS... But I remember the difference between driving a fast car slow and a slow car fast. The black car I always drove slow, loved the sound of it, the feel of it, the low growl just before the turbo spools enough to put that whine into your ears. I constantly felt like I was doing something wrong... I liked that. But the X, in order to have fun, you kinda have to be doing something wrong. Turns and high speeds aren't exactly keeping me out of trouble.

Then I browse through the X engine bay thread... these engine bays are BUTT UGLY. Sorry guys, but they are either all bling and flash and powdercoat, or stripped, scratched and racecar'd out. The design of the bay just is not appealing. WTF was Mitsu thinking?

I keep hating on this car, but if I was put back in a stock VIII, with those clear taillights, I might throw up.

Sorry for the bizarre post. I have some strangely vivid dreams and my allergy medicine doesn't help. I was in a very odd place last night and I got thinking about the X. I get stressed out when I have to change vehicles. Emery threatened to buy a STI That'll be a fun rant.

So, and thank you for staying with me through this long post, I think the solution to all the problems is to build the X. I've been blessed enough to have experienced a lot of nice, fast and beautiful cars. Every one I've loved has been remembered, and I am sure there will be plenty more to come.

I think STM could do something about the BUTT *** UGLY engine bay design problem.

10's or bust.

so don't go batsh*t crazy with the X build... make it like 450-500 hp, you can do that with a relatively quiet exhaust and mild clutch... keep the hood down and ugly engine won't be an issue...

not trying to talk sh*t or anything, but the "excuses" you're coming up with for hating the X can easily be fixed. now I get it if you just like the 8/9 better, but just come out and say it, you don't need an excuse to not like a car... if you don't like it then you don't like it, its that simple
Old Sep 8, 2011, 09:12 PM
Former Sponsor

I'm not really sure why I hate on this car. Guess I don't like change. But it's been long enough now with this car that if we change again, I'll get stressed out and hate the next car.

This is a very awesome car. Has it all. I think 466 hp would be a nice number to shoot for.
Old Sep 8, 2011, 09:33 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts
Lol... Naw, I think 467.6 sounds like a better goal...
Old Sep 8, 2011, 09:39 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by warmmilk
Lol... Naw, I think 467.6 sounds like a better goal...
Let's not get crazy now. You know how I feel about the 4b11.
Old Sep 10, 2011, 12:09 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 4g63girl
The X is too nice of a daily driver to screw with. I've been back and forth with what the plan is, but honestly, I still don't know.
I had no problem gutting mine to start turning it into a track monster
I feel like im the only one that had no problem doing this to the X.
Old Sep 10, 2011, 02:47 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Mr. Move
I had no problem gutting mine to start turning it into a track monster
I feel like im the only one that had no problem doing this to the X.
I can't. It's too nice. Too much leather, too much heated seats, too much sunroof, too much subwoofer and sirius!

I'm over it. If the X stays just how it is, that's fine by me. It makes enough power to be fun, and I don't really need more power, I need to learn to better myself driving if I want to go faster.

Just finished washing her, got some fresh Brad Penn 10w30 and we are going to go look for some Evo & DSM friends to play with and take pictures on this lovely September day. I really enjoy driving this car.

And I really like these tires. I've had a lot of different experiences and these are by far my favorite. They aren't wearing down terribly fast, great in turns, stuck to the road and I haven't felt them hydroplane in the rain. I don't drive like an idiot when it's raining either, but the Azenis and Yokohamas were terrible in the rain, not to mention the BFG drags and Hoosier Radials. And, to be honest, they look good. I hate chunky tires. A little matte finish tire sealant... mmmm. Pics later.

Quick Reply: STM's Number Ten (2011 WW SSL)